Any tips on scale realism for tires?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

famous_amos

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, new pilot of a very excellent Super Baja Rey 2.0. I am a little bit bummed about how the rear misbehaves with the weight of the rear tires flopping about.

I am planning to make polyethylene foam tires (35g) to take the place of the real spare tires (240g). I figure that lightening should really help the durability and handling of the truck.

Are there any tips/tricks to decorating the foam to make it look better? I would think tread pattern and wheel-rim stickers could do it.

I was always under the impression that trailing linked trucks behaved better with a rear weight bias. Have you driven the truck with the spare tires removed to see if it actually improves the handling for you?
I've never driven a SBR, so i might be full of it lol.

Just make a tire cover out of a piece of scrap material or something. You don't even have to sew it, just tuck it underneath your foam wheel and use hot glue gun or adhesive of your choice. Can even put a logo on it. :thumbs-up:

Hello, new pilot of a very excellent Super Baja Rey 2.0. I am a little bit bummed about how the rear misbehaves with the weight of the rear tires flopping about.

I am planning to make polyethylene foam tires (35g) to take the place of the real spare tires (240g). I figure that lightening should really help the durability and handling of the truck.

Are there any tips/tricks to decorating the foam to make it look better? I would think tread pattern and wheel-rim stickers could do it.

dont see this going well.but have at it .don't forget to video it.

Just make a tire cover out of a piece of scrap material or something. You don't even have to sew it, just tuck it underneath your foam wheel and use hot glue gun or adhesive of your choice. Can even put a logo on it. :thumbs-up:
I love this idea!!! Thank you!

Back