WPL C34 tires

• Thread starter Toyotacrawler92
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toyotacrawler92

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know what are some good tires I can get for my WPL C34? The stock tires are a little hard and the wheels seem to keep going at times with the tire itself staying still. I want to keep the narrow tire look. If anyone has info that would be great.

image.jpg

Try these. RC4WD came out with these for some lego kit. They are 1.2" dismeter. The WPL wheel bead is around 33mm, which is 1.299". I have the Rock Crushers. They fit WPL wheels nicely.
https://store.rc4wd.com/12-Tires_c_964.html
20210722_152156.jpg

These are wheels I designed a bit larger than the stock WPL bead diameter, trying to stretch the tire a bit. They are great tires though. Still a tad firm, but better than WPL.
20210722_151226.jpg

Also, the WPL tires that I have (I have probably 12 sets) come in 3 different firmnesses. The ones that originally came in the kits were soft. The ones that came on the RTR trucks were really hard. I bought some off ebay, and they are in between, but no idea what they came off of, or if they are possibly a clone of the WPL tire.

It's hard to say though because I haven't messed with WPL stuff in years. Get yourself an SCX24 and don't look back.

To keep the tires from spinning on the rims, pull the bead back slightly with your thumb and add a tiny drop of superglue. Do this in 4 places. Try not to deform the tire on the wheel when you do this. Be gentle. After that sets up a bit, do 4 more places in between the previous 4. Pretend you're slicing a pie. Once that sets, pull the bead and look for spots unglued and fix.

Or you can do as Kevin Talbot does and just squirt a bead of glue around the tire. But if you want to keep the glue hidden, do as I mentioned above.

It's best to grab some of these superglue tips to do this...

Glue Tips Compatible for CA, 200Pcs Precision Extender for Nozzle Bottle Glue, Glue Applicator Tips for Hobby, Craft, Model and Small Part https://a.co/d/i8R29Ns

I trim them down so the tip isn't so wiggly. It makes it more manageable.

Last edited: