Why does everyone not like traxxas

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own probably no less than 20 Traxxas rc (all still running). none have given me any issues.. I have purchased kits from Associated and had 90% of the hardware missing screws mostly. AS for traxxas making companies file bankruptcy.. that's untrue mostly the companies file for that are due to not paying there bills.. when you have 20 million in debt to fedex hmm.when you own a patent that design is yours do what you must to uphold it . when a company is sent legal notice to cease and desist. they keep selling then you go to court and lose bigtime.

I am a prominent member of the Arrma forum, and have Arrma vehicles going all the way back to 2012-2013, but, i am in no way an Arrma fanboi. I have vehicles from DHK Hobby (which are actually my favorite brand), Tamiya, Racers Edge/Team C, Losi (the 22S SCT is my absolute favorite 2WD), Kyosho, Redcat, and even Exceed RC, but as for how the Arrma guys are, it seems, especially in person, the two worst groups are Traxxas and Arrma fans. I never hear that kind of stuff from the Losi or Associated crowd. About the Traxxas/Hobico lawsuit, none of my info is from FB, its from what i read either in the news, actual court documents (which is where Traxxas did claim they invented that lay down shock design), as well as listening to my uncle and how he was and continues to be treated by Traxxas (he is the one who got me into the DHK stuff). My dislike of them actually doesn't come from any of the lawsuits (Hobbico, HPI, or any of the others) though, my dislike comes from how they treat people, such as their actions against the shops, and what they have tried to do to YouTube channels like the RC Saylors. I have been in this hobby since the late seventies, and Traxxas fans have always been that way, from about the time the first Traxxas vehicle was introduced. Originally it was the, have to buy American crowd, and has evolved into the, lets buy the Traxxas hype, crowd, so, Traxxas fan boys are nothing new to me. My favorite personal "discussion" if you will with a Traxxas Fan Boy was about a year after the slash was first introduced. I was picking up a Tamiya Holiday Buggy, and this kid, who's first vehicle was the Slash, spent nearly 20 minutes telling me how much better Traxxas was, than the toy Tamiya garbage (his words not mine). The basis of his argument was because it came RTR, and didnt have to be built, which somehow made it better.

I would say I'm more than a prominent member. And as long as I have been in this hobby I have not seen any of the Traxxas guys act as childish and as immature as the Arrma guys. The Arrma guys go so low as to troll the Traxxas pages on Facebook. I mean is that really necessary?

23w56qe4trfsad.jpg

Last edited:
I own probably no less than 20 Traxxas rc (all still running). none have given me any issues.. I have purchased kits from Associated and had 90% of the hardware missing screws mostly. AS for traxxas making companies file bankruptcy.. that's untrue mostly the companies file for that are due to not paying there bills.. when you have 20 million in debt to fedex hmm.when you own a patent that design is yours do what you must to uphold it . when a company is sent legal notice to cease and desist. they keep selling then you go to court and lose bigtime.
Meh they are all crap and need stuff replaced/upgraded to make them worth while in my opinion. There is no perfect car or brand.

And yup when you can't even pay your employees salaries because you cannot manage money how is that Traxxas fault?

Last edited:
I would say I'm more than a prominent member.
I already knew that. You and Woodie are the ones who originally steered me to here when i had questions about a Redcat Blackout a couple years ago. I have about a dozen posts about my Arrma Fury on the Arrma forum, and i do try to help when i can on their.

Meh they are all crap and need stuff replaced/upgraded to make them worth while in my opinion. There is no perfect company or brand.

And yup when you can't even pay your employees salaries because you cannot manage money how is that Traxxas fault?
This one, i do have to beg to differ though. I have a couple DHK Hobby Hunters that i beat the hell out of, even on 3 and 4S, and so far, my repair bill for the one has been less than $20, including shipping, and i have had it a couple years now, after buying it used on Ebay. The other one, my repair bill is about double that, but only because i tried to run it in 2WD, and completely destroyed the center diff twice.

This one, i do have to beg to differ though. I have a couple DHK Hobby Hunters that i beat the hell out of, even on 3 and 4S, and so far, my repair bill for the one has been less than $20, including shipping, and i have had it a couple years now, after buying it used on Ebay. The other one, my repair bill is about double that, but only because i tried to run it in 2WD, and completely destroyed the center diff twice.
Most SCTs are built pretty stout though and it takes a bit of work to break things.

Most SCTs are built pretty stout though and it takes a bit of work to break things.
I have more SCT's than anything else, and out of every brand i have, newer and older Arrma, Losi, Associated, Redcat, Exceed, Racers Edge/Team C, my DHK stuff has ben the most durable. Oddly, my Arrma Senton Mega seems to be more durable than my Granite 4X4 Mega, and i thought they were basically the same except for wheels and tires, body, and chassis. I'm always blowing axles in the Granite, but i have only broken one in the Senton, and i bought them both last spring at the same time. The Senton even gets used more.

I have more SCT's than anything else, and out of every brand i have, newer and older Arrma, Losi, Associated, Redcat, Exceed, Racers Edge/Team C, my DHK stuff has ben the most durable. Oddly, my Arrma Senton Mega seems to be more durable than my Granite 4X4 Mega, and i thought they were basically the same except for wheels and tires, body, and chassis. I'm always blowing axles in the Granite, but i have only broken one in the Senton, and i bought them both last spring at the same time. The Senton even gets used more.
That is down to slipper setup and the tire size.

That is down to slipper setup and the tire size.
Both are all stock. Other than adding rubber shielded bearings in the hubs, replacing the servo because the original fried, and changing one broken front A-Arm, and the several times i have replaced the axles, i havent done anything else to it. It still has the stock wheels and tires it came with, and i have never even taken the driveshaft out, let alone messed with the slipper. I'm not one to do upgrades, or tinker with things, unless i dont have a choice.

Both are all stock. Other than adding rubber shielded bearings in the hubs, replacing the servo because the original fried, and changing one broken front A-Arm, and the several times i have replaced the axles, i havent done anything else to it. It still has the stock wheels and tires it came with, and i have never even taken the driveshaft out, let alone messed with the slipper. I'm not one to do upgrades, or tinker with things, unless i dont have a choice.
The larger tires on the Granite put more stress on the driveshafts. I had the same experience with my Typhon 3s, with the stock wheel/tire setup the driveshafts held up for a long time, once I put the Badlands MX28 tires on I started breaking driveshafts all the time, I loosened up my slipper a little bit and stopped breaking the driveshafts all the time. Only things I have changed on the Senton 3s are I replaced the fixed motor mount with the adjustable motor mount, as the stock mount had the holes spaced wrong and the gear mesh was too tight, I changed the motor bearings and the shocks as the stock ones started leaking after a few packs.

I agree with both of you on who brand bash. I have noticed that Traxxas and Arrma owners are pretty big on sticking to their brands. At the tracks, I see brand bashing mostly from the AE guys, which sucks because I really like AE.

I am a prominent member of the Arrma forum, and have Arrma vehicles going all the way back to 2012-2013, but, i am in no way an Arrma fanboi. I have vehicles from DHK Hobby (which are actually my favorite brand), Tamiya, Racers Edge/Team C, Losi (the 22S SCT is my absolute favorite 2WD), Kyosho, Redcat, and even Exceed RC, but as for how the Arrma guys are, it seems, especially in person, the two worst groups are Traxxas and Arrma fans. I never hear that kind of stuff from the Losi or Associated crowd. About the Traxxas/Hobico lawsuit, none of my info is from FB, its from what i read either in the news, actual court documents (which is where Traxxas did claim they invented that lay down shock design), as well as listening to my uncle and how he was and continues to be treated by Traxxas (he is the one who got me into the DHK stuff). My dislike of them actually doesn't come from any of the lawsuits (Hobbico, HPI, or any of the others) though, my dislike comes from how they treat people, such as their actions against the shops, and what they have tried to do to YouTube channels like the RC Saylors. I have been in this hobby since the late seventies, and Traxxas fans have always been that way, from about the time the first Traxxas vehicle was introduced. Originally it was the, have to buy American crowd, and has evolved into the, lets buy the Traxxas hype, crowd, so, Traxxas fan boys are nothing new to me. My favorite personal "discussion" if you will with a Traxxas Fan Boy was about a year after the slash was first introduced. I was picking up a Tamiya Holiday Buggy, and this kid, who's first vehicle was the Slash, spent nearly 20 minutes telling me how much better Traxxas was, than the toy Tamiya garbage (his words not mine). The basis of his argument was because it came RTR, and didnt have to be built, which somehow made it better.

LOL...That is funny right there!

That is like telling an Old timer to buy a foam airplane RTF ,than a balsa kit!....:hehe::hehe::hehe:

So, was that Traxxas Fan Boy wearing his sign or did he forget it at home? RTR being better than a kit.... That's funny right there!!!

LOL...That is funny right there!

That is like telling an Old timer to buy a foam airplane RTF ,than a balsa kit!....:hehe::hehe::hehe:

So, was that Traxxas Fan Boy wearing his sign or did he forget it at home? RTR being better than a kit.... That's funny right there!!!
I have actually heard things like that going back to when the first RTR was introduced. In my teens i was a huge Tamiya fan, and had more than 30 at one point, and pretty much everytime i would go to pick one up, it was usually the younger, new to RC crowd, would almost inevitably say RTR was better. I still hear it from time to time even now, but not as often, since i dont buy as many kits. I do buy quite a few used, needs work vehicles on eBay, and every once in awhile ill get the, why would you buy something you have to fix, instead of something new. Anymore, half the time i just ignore it, unless they are actually asking because they want to learn.

I have actually heard things like that going back to when the first RTR was introduced. In my teens i was a huge Tamiya fan, and had more than 30 at one point, and pretty much everytime i would go to pick one up, it was usually the younger, new to RC crowd, would almost inevitably say RTR was better. I still hear it from time to time even now, but not as often, since i dont buy as many kits. I do buy quite a few used, needs work vehicles on eBay, and every once in awhile ill get the, why would you buy something you have to fix, instead of something new. Anymore, half the time i just ignore it, unless they are actually asking because they want to learn.

The only way I could see how people might think that is, kits are usually run with faster motors. therefore, they git objects a lot harder. RTRs were a lot slower, so the impacts were a lot softer. In the end, there would be more broken kit cars than RTRs.

The only way I could see how people might think that is, kits are usually run with faster motors. therefore, they git objects a lot harder. RTRs were a lot slower, so the impacts were a lot softer. In the end, there would be more broken kit cars than RTRs.
It has to do with that instant gratification mentality, why spend hours building something when you can just get one that is prebuilt and ready to go out of the box......

thank you I'm looking for an online community for traxxas vehicles. I'm committed now I spent $600 on a Traxxas Maxx and I've only used it for about 6 hours and I got to spend about $300 to get it going again.
Sadly, traxxas forum is probably where you will find the most info regarding any of their vehicles. As long as you don't badmouth traxxas, it's a fine place to ask questions and find info.

I'm just bummed I bought a Traxxas Maxx, and I've played with it for about 6 hours and now I have to spend about walking $400 on upgrades so the truck doesn't break every time I play with it
IMHO, any truck traxxas offers that is 3S or 4S capable with plastic axles is a sore spot. They just don't hold up regardless how many "fanboi's" say it.

The maxx 4s shouldn't have seen the light of day without steel cvd's on it. Once you drop the $100 on those, then it's not bad, but your already in for $550 just to get the thing, then to be able to drive it as it is blatantly intended (as shown in their promotional videos, photo's, etc), you have to spend $100 on the cvd's. It's the stupid v1 brushless revo all over again. Sure, it's lighter and a bit smaller, but c'mon. They know what people do with these things. It's just bad business. Good for their bank, but as many have mentioned, bad for the hobby and for their loyal customers.

All that said, I do enjoy my traxxas trucks. I have very few vehicles that didn't require nearly doubling the cost to make them last through a day of what I do with them. Traxxas or arrma.

My savage flux hp held up fine but I never drove it like I drive a flat pan chassis vehicle. Really, until I got my first arrma, I didn't punish any of my trucks like I do now. Don't know why... guess I was less interested about pushing them beyond what was "reasonable". Now if I'm not hitting a jump a few times that puts 15 feet of air under a truck... I'm not having a good time. ;)

Everyone ask Why you hate Traxxas ,Then everyone ask why they can't buy no more HPI's ,Then you have people struggling
to find HPI parts!

I only own one Hpi product ,an it is 2 Hpi 5.9 engines ,I wont be able to find parts for them .I guess that I am lucky
that I didnt buy a bunch of HPI RC's ,I would have been screwed too!...:hehe::hehe::hehe:
heh, i know this is real late but yeah, my 5.9 needs soooo much done to it and guess what? I can't get jack sh*t. After reading this forum I now know they nearly went out of business becoz of traxxas and that makes me real sad tbh, because they made great products which now can't be fixed unless you own a baja and buy rovan parts. Thanks traxxas for stranding hpi customers. Hopefully new ownership will really bring parts back. Sorry I'm ranting here, I just really like HPI and now I know traxxas f*cked it over it makes me mad

heh, i know this is real late but yeah, my 5.9 needs soooo much done to it and guess what? I can't get jack sh*t. After reading this forum I now know they nearly went out of business becoz of traxxas and that makes me real sad tbh, because they made great products which now can't be fixed unless you own a baja and buy rovan parts. Thanks traxxas for stranding hpi customers. Hopefully new ownership will really bring parts back. Sorry I'm ranting here, I just really like HPI and now I know traxxas f*cked it over it makes me mad

You do know that Traxxas had nothing to do with HPI filing for bankruptcy right? Mismanagement and corporate gread almost killed HPI Traxxas only kicked them while they were already on the way down. Hpi had been struggling financially for some time prior to the lawsuit with Traxxas.

I def dont hate Traxxas, i like my trx cars a lot, same with ma ARRMAs,Xrays and Losi cars to