Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought it used and I believe it was an rtr type kit so who knows. There’s no info on what weight so I’m just going to use the same stuff I put in the DB48. I’ll be getting in to the front and rear diffs sometime today after I do my chores I guess.

Replaced the trigger on my Radiolink RC6GS and recalibrated it.

20231212_144215.jpg

Replaced the trigger on my Radiolink RC6GS and recalibrated it.

View attachment 176931
Watch your eyes and for incoming lightning. 🤣🤣 been a while since I've seen an antenna like that!

Interesting looking radio. Might have to get one if the price is right.

Watch your eyes and for incoming lightning. 🤣🤣 been a while since I've seen an antenna like that!

Interesting looking radio. Might have to get one if the price is right.
I fitted the booster recently. Still haven't used it. I melted the trigger linkage when I soldered the coaxial cable to the circuit board.

I believe the 6GS and the 4GS trigger is the same? I broke the trigger off mine, I have the 4GS V3 radio. Broke the back side of it off, probably because I was using the radio in freezing winter weather last year. I just super glued it back on and it works fine, but the feel of it isn't that good.

The 4GS and 6GS are amazing radios, but the firmware and how they look are old (seems like 15 year old radios), but the functions aren't. the RC8X is more modern and updated, but it has lots of issues on the current firmware so thats why alot of people (like me) are downgrading the firmware. Maybe the next versions of the 4gs/6gs include a detachable antenna on the actual radio, that will be easier for transport.

I believe the 6GS and the 4GS trigger is the same? I broke the trigger off mine, I have the 4GS V3 radio. Broke the back side of it off, probably because I was using the radio in freezing winter weather last year. I just super glued it back on and it works fine, but the feel of it isn't that good.

The 4GS and 6GS are amazing radios, but the firmware and how they look are old (seems like 15 year old radios), but the functions aren't. the RC8X is more modern and updated, but it has lots of issues on the current firmware so thats why alot of people (like me) are downgrading the firmware. Maybe the next versions of the 4gs/6gs include a detachable antenna on the actual radio, that will be easier for transport.
Guess that's an unintended benefit of the booster. The antenna unscrews. I like the 6GS so far. I've have 3 rigs bound to it so far.

Greased the f450 front and rear diff. I didn't feel like putting in the rear locker. I also took out the front drive shafts while the tranny was out. Rwd open diff until Friday or Saturday. They were bone dry.

Packed it full. Doesn't take off in rabbit mode with the tiniest throttle input.

20231213_141217.jpg

The Rustler got some new shoes and a Stampede body. The Rustler-pede. Definitely need some taller body posts for the front. To much rake.
20231213_143957.jpg

Greased the f450 front and rear diff. I didn't feel like putting in the rear locker. I also took out the front drive shafts while the tranny was out. Rwd open diff until Friday or Saturday. They were bone dry.

Packed it full. Doesn't take off in rabbit mode with the tiniest throttle input.

View attachment 177043
You're going to lick that spoon clean, right?

Last edited:
The Rustler got some new shoes and a Stampede body. The Rustler-pede. Definitely need some taller body posts for the front. To much rake. View attachment 177044

You're going to lick that spoon clean, right?
I actually kinda like the rake. Looks awesome man.

Today I finally got my transmitter handle and put it on. I already noticed some small scratches on the screen already. I wish they made screen protectors that fits. I hope the scratches is just normal wear.

I also striped the anodizing on some aluminum screws that bolts the rear wheels onto my pan cars. I washed them with some soap and water and polished them to a chrome finish with some aluminum polish.

IMG_3565.jpg
IMG_3573.jpg
IMG_3563.jpg

Today I finally got my transmitter handle and put it on. I already noticed some small scratches on the screen already. I wish they made screen protectors that fits. I hope the scratches is just normal wear.

I also striped the anodizing on some aluminum screws that bolts the rear wheels onto my pan cars. I washed them with some soap and water and polished them to a chrome finish with some aluminum polish.

View attachment 177049View attachment 177050View attachment 177051

Is the handle just for carrying the radio? I've never seen anything like that before. 🤔

I widened the holes on the motor plate for my Arrma Big Rock. This allowed me to fit a Kuron 2150KV motor in the little rig.

IMG_20231213_103511897.jpg

I'm going with a 19t pinion. (Not meshed in the pic below; just test fitting.) We'll see how she handles it once I've got this build done. I'm 90% finished, and should have her finished this weekend!

IMG_20231213_164306212.jpg

Is the handle just for carrying the radio? I've never seen anything like that before. 🤔

Yeah, it's just a handle. I thought it was neat so I went ahead and got one. I'm actually in the process of vinyl wrapping it :cool: I'll post a pic when I'm done

Yeah, it's just a handle. I thought it was neat so I went ahead and got one. I'm actually in the process of vinyl wrapping it :cool: I'll post a pic when I'm done

Well I managed to get one side done. Unfortunately all my x-acto blades dulled out and don't have a sharpener so i'll have to get more before I do the other side.

IMG_3574.jpg

I worked on my Arrma Big Rock that I've built up from a slider. I've refilled the diffs. I've also installed the 2150KV motor, 19t pinion, spear gear, HR bell crank, HR hub extenders and Proline Bad Lands wheels/tires. I re-enforced the body with Gorilla tape, even though it's pretty thick already. The only thing left to do is tape down the ESC, plug everything in, and set up the radio. Should be able to give her the first test run this weekend, so long as the rain in Texas clears up!

IMG_20231215_162920414.jpg

IMG_20231215_162926972.jpg

IMG_20231215_162951452.jpg

IMG_20231215_162958449.jpg

Well I managed to get one side done. Unfortunately all my x-acto blades dulled out and don't have a sharpener so i'll have to get more before I do the other side.

View attachment 177060

Finished wrapping my handle today and happy with the way my transmitter looks!

IMG_3583.jpg

Back