Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are those extruded rails they are bolted to strong enough to handle that? Looks pretty sweet, but I'd still wear a vest if you go fishing for monsters.

Oh I will definitely wear a vest. I actually bought a nicer one so not so bulky.
I'm sure it will handle just enough weight to get me out of trouble but I think I will run a full pipe through the seat frame instead.

A Hefty sinch sack I am not, call me whimpy whimpy whimpy. Introducing the kayak training wheels.
I honestly think there will be just enough buoyancy to keep me afloat.

View attachment 147081

I might even use a full piece of pipe and run it through the seat frame shown here..

View attachment 147082
Why do I suddenly have visions of Moana going through my head.
R.jpeg

Got a start on adapting the grass track oval for monster truck use. Basically, cut a crop circle at turns 3 and 4 for freestyle. Will need to build a ramp on the back straight for jumping the crush cars.

Been so hot and dry there is barely any definition to the track layout. It's there. Just does not show in the pictures. Watering now to egg it on.

Attachments

• S6304454_resize RCT.JPG
    S6304454_resize RCT.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 25
  • S6304457_resize RCT.JPG
    S6304457_resize RCT.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 30
Got my fpv finished on my trx4 As you can see I made a self contained system on the roof and managed to hide all the components inside cases. Hardest part was the case containing the transmitter as I installed a cooling fan and it was a bit tight lol. 3d printed the camera protector and the antenna mount.

Attachments

• A03AB4A9-31E4-41A1-B019-917D89B37344.jpeg
    A03AB4A9-31E4-41A1-B019-917D89B37344.jpeg
    381.3 KB · Views: 25
  • FBC164DA-1684-4411-B6D0-26747DFCC6D3.jpeg
    FBC164DA-1684-4411-B6D0-26747DFCC6D3.jpeg
    376.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 1C54834C-9EBA-4DC6-AD01-F6DA00235E8F.jpeg
    1C54834C-9EBA-4DC6-AD01-F6DA00235E8F.jpeg
    378.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 0D60237C-90A5-4C21-9287-475FC03E01C2.jpeg
    0D60237C-90A5-4C21-9287-475FC03E01C2.jpeg
    348.7 KB · Views: 25
  • EBBDC973-E862-44D5-8E5B-CABE78B666CC.jpeg
    EBBDC973-E862-44D5-8E5B-CABE78B666CC.jpeg
    378 KB · Views: 27
Got a start on adapting the grass track oval for monster truck use. Basically, cut a crop circle at turns 3 and 4 for freestyle. Will need to build a ramp on the back straight for jumping the crush cars.

Been so hot and dry there is barely any definition to the track layout. It's there. Just does not show in the pictures. Watering now to egg it on.
A couple of years from now that's going to look great on Google maps. :)

Today I started welding up kayak training wheels. @WickedFog brought up a good point on the first one and the more I looked at it, the more it makes me nervous. I had to order some new tips for the welder so it will be a few days before I get it finished.
I have two other kayaks I can use but I think I'm going to pull out my waders and float tube for next week's fishing trip.
The area I fish for Crappie is pretty small and easy to get to right from the boat dock.

Today I started welding up kayak training wheels. @WickedFog brought up a good point on the first one and the more I looked at it, the more it makes me nervous. I had to order some new tips for the welder so it will be a few days before I get it finished.
I have two other kayaks I can use but I think I'm going to pull out my waders and float tube for next week's fishing trip.
The area I fish for Crappie is pretty small and easy to get to right from the boat dock.
Sorry to cause you more work bro. It is kinda my specialty to look at mechanical stuff and see possible failure points. It was why I was pretty good at machining and fixture design. Was hard to see for sure in the pic though to be honest.

Oh hell, no worries, man, I appreciate it. I don't want to swim in cold water anymore.
I ran square steel tubing across the kayak and mounted it solid to the rails. A cool thing about it is my seat is mounted to the same rails so it won't pull out of there. 280 lbs. of pure fat man keeps it in place.
From buoy to buoy, will be solid steel, so it will definitely be secure.
I'll take a close-up pic of it when I'm done but if you laugh at my welding, I will send you used ice-cream...:D

Oh hell, no worries, man, I appreciate it. I don't want to swim in cold water anymore.
I ran square steel tubing across the kayak and mounted it solid to the rails. A cool thing about it is my seat is mounted to the same rails so it won't pull out of there. 280 lbs. of pure fat man keeps it in place.
From buoy to buoy, will be solid steel, so it will definitely be secure.
I'll take a close-up pic of it when I'm done but if you laugh at my welding, I will send you used ice-cream...:D
That's a good idea, connecting each side together.

Yeah, with a solid rod and my fat ass sitting on top of it, they won't pull out of there, and it will keep me out of trouble.
My older kayak doesn't roll as easily as this one did. I've tried to roll my older one and couldn't do it.

Yeah, I can't wait to get the wheels for the truck. Funds are so low I can't even buy $25 wheels lol.

Started to wrench on the scx24 bronco’s…figured I’d start with my red one by installing some brass. Started with the steering knuckles, everything was going good until I discovered a broken screw in packaging of the knuckles…not a big deal. When I went to connect steering linkage to front of knuckles, the screw that’s in steering linkage is NOT fine thread like what’s in steering knuckle 🤬
Anyone have any suggestions/options or part # for a fine thread screw for steering linkage…hopefully I have used correct verbiage to discribe issue 🤷🏼‍♂️
BA04D31A-CB1B-45A9-BA56-A7F51BC66A81.jpeg

I had a couple small issues with the Baja today at the sand dunes but was still able to run a full tank.
There was a small burr developed on my starter bit so the bit wouldn't go all the way in the flywheel. A file took care of that problem.
The second issues was, the spark plug had worked it's way lose so I wasn't getting much compression. Not a problem, I went ahead and installed a new one.

Been tuning on my Techno EB410. I bought it used and got it on the track pretty quick. But after going through it for a week I’m still finding things that don’t match the set up sheet. I’m not trying to say it was set up wrong, just not set up to the set up sheet. I am going to run again this weekend with the changes I’ve made so far. I absolutely loved the way it drove before. I hope I did not mess it up.