Which batteries should I get

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuZzLigHtyEAR

RCTalk Qualifier
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
I am looking for some good (and hopefully cheap) lipo batteries for my DBXL-E 2.0
I have found the brands Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Liperoir, and CNHL.
What are your experiences with these brands? Would you recommend them? If not, Which battery brands would you recommend?

I have one Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee battery and I haven't had any problems with it but I haven't used any of the other brands you listed. So I can't recommend Zee over the others but I'm not going to not recommend it. If that makes any sense lol

Let me get this straight. You have a zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and you haven't had problems with them, but you wouldn't recommend them?

I use zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee almost exclusively super cheap and great run times. I've only had one come bad from the factory and most others are still kicking after almost 2 full years

Let me get this straight. You have a zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and you haven't had problems with them, but you wouldn't recommend them?
I think he's saying he can't recommend Zeee^20 (🤣🤣) over the other two brands you talked about, because he hasn't tried them. I think what @Sebkauff means by the last parts is that the Zeee^20 packs are decent, but maybe not outstanding enough for him to recommend them everywhere.

CNHL/Liperior over Zeee, my CNHL LiPo has so much more punch than my Zeee LiPo.

Yes helped a guy 2 years ago with Zee they would not properly power his 52"boat he went to smc slightly more but he said well worth it

I am looking for some good (and hopefully cheap) lipo batteries for my DBXL-E 2.0
I have found the brands Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Liperoir, and CNHL.
What are your experiences with these brands? Would you recommend them? If not, Which battery brands would you recommend?
I haven't tried any of those brands TBH, but I've only tested one brand other than the stock batteries that come with cars. The brand I'm using is on Amazon, by the name "Awanfi". They aren't as "out there" as other brands, but for me, they work fine. No issue, nice thick 12 AWG wires, they come with those nice little balance lead cover things for more grip (I've found on one stock LiPo, that without those little extensions, you will rip the balance leads out of the balance plug eventually!😬😶), and Deans connectors with little ridges for more grip. BTW I bought a two pack, so it came with 2x LiPos. I got the 1500mAh, 2s, 45c, soft case version for my 1/14 scale buggy, and they work with my 1/16 scale MT well too.

I've discharged one to 2.8v/c once by accident, and I charged it back up with my balance charger, and it's fine! Oh, and both cost me $25 combined! So yes, in my experience, the Awanfi packs are good budget ones, I can't speak for all their packs though. I've heard that Zeee^20 (🤣🤣) packs are good budget packs too, they're more popular than Awanfi. CNHL is also a popular, budget brand, they make good packs, a lot of them with C/discharge rates higher then the competition. Some people like using them for speed runs too, so you know they should provide enough juice for your rig.

Hold on, you have the massive 1/5 scale DBXL-E 2.0? Ok, you're gonna need some substantial packs, and I understand why you'd be looking for budget batteries! 🤣🤣 So Horizon Hobby says you'll need two 3s or two 4s packs, 5000mAh+ (though you could run slightly lower mAh packs for less run time), 50c+ packs, so l'd look for batts with those specs. You may not need a full 50c, 40-45c could do, but do it at your own risk. It won't catch fire or anything with a lower C rating pack, it'll just have a little juice and "punch".

Here's some links to get you started:

CNHL 3s: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=cnhl+3s+...0maah+50c,toys-and-games,113&ref=sr_nr_p_72_1 (CHNL doesn't make many 3s 5000mAh packs, if any, so read the specs carefully before buying!)

CNLL 4s: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=cnhl+4s+...5000maah+50c,toys-and-games,93&ref=nb_sb_noss

I can't find any Liperior packs on Amazon of any kind, interesting 🤔🤔 I'm thinking maybe Liperior is an exclusive brand to a certain online RC store, someone correct me if I'm wrong, or tell me what stores carry Liperior packs.

Zeee 3s: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Zeee+3s&...fix=zeee+3s,toys-and-games,143&ref=nb_sb_noss

Zeee 4s: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Zeee+4s&...fix=zeee+4s,toys-and-games,136&ref=nb_sb_noss

Hope this helps,
Isaac
CNHL/Liperior over Zeee, my CNHL LiPo has so much more punch than my Zeee LiPo.
Keep in mind other factors, like the cell count, mAh, C-rating, pack life cycle, how long you've had it, did you properly take care of it, ect. You already know this, but I wanted to remind others :)
Should I get the CNHL batteries from the official website?
I don't know, they should all be the same CNHL packs, so buy from the CNHL website, Amazon, whatever you prefer, and whatever is cheaper/faster!

Seems good, good specs. Deans plug is a little strange though, I thought CNHL mostly uses XT60/90 plugs, sure, good deans connectors can handle 4s, but they are most at home on 2 and 3s. Just make sure you aren't pulling more amps that the Deans can handle.

Seems good, good specs. Deans plug is a little strange though, I thought CNHL mostly uses XT60/90 plugs, sure, good deans connectors can handle 4s, but they are most at home on 2 and 3s. Just make sure you aren't pulling more amps that the Deans can handle.
All you need to do is snip off the connector and solder on your desired connector. Also, deans does not belong on anything higher than 2s.

lol sorry no. @The_RC_Dude nailed it

I pretty much only run CNHL black series and liperior 40C-65C packs in all my trucks. I ran HRB, powerhobby, smc and traxxas in the past. The CNHL and liperior do just as well as any of those.

I've ran Zeee, Hoovo, SMC, Povway, Dynamite, Youme etc and I prefer my CNHL packs hands down. Punch is always better as is run time and I've personally not had an issue with a single pack I own over a good year and a half. I have 19 CNHL packs from 3s to 6s 5000mAh to 9500mAh and every one is still performing great. Some have sat 6+ months in storage charge in my garage reaching below 30° and no issues still like new. Have a few packs that have even been speed ran 50+ times, over a year old and still hold charge perfect and have great IR numbers also. Yes I'm sponsored by CNHL but I'm not one to lie about or make a company seem better I'll be 100% honest and tell you if something sucks or doesn't perform to my liking. I don't get paid money from them and wouldn't suggest something that sucks and make myself look bad and cause someone to waste money and be unhappy. I'm sure there are a lot of people that can vouch for that also as i try to help everyone enjoy this hobby and if I can help them save some cash also. I'd say my second choice that comes close is the Dynamite Reaction 2 packs for performance but I've had 2 of them loose a cell after 6-8 months use. If you go with CNHL send me a PM and I'll give ya a discount code to save a little cash👍🏼 Here's my CNHL collection lol, the packs circled are the packs I've speed ran over 50 times and are about a yr and a half old. No puffing still great IR and hold charge etc.
20220221_111310.jpg

Back