Traxxas slash build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sebkauff

RCTalk Champion
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
FedEx dropped off the Slash yesterday. Got it built in about 4 hours max. Unfortunately I forgot to take a lot of pictures but I got a few. The pictures aren't working right now but I'll update this post as soon as they do. I almost want to put as many hop-ups as I can on this thing instead of keeping it stock 😆 there are so many aftermarket parts! I'm definitely getting the RPM mud flaps though

I have been watching vids on the Slash for a few hours tonight. We have one here getting built as a 67 Mustang drag car over the next few weeks. It is crazy how many ways you can go with that kit. Stock SCT, Monster Truck, Drag car, road car, etc. And each iteration is pretty well done with a lot of stock parts from other kits. And yeah, the aftermarket is pretty insane for them. Not sure why I never got one years ago.

I have been watching vids on the Slash for a few hours tonight. We have one here getting built as a 67 Mustang drag car over the next few weeks. It is crazy how many ways you can go with that kit. Stock SCT, Monster Truck, Drag car, road car, etc. And each iteration is pretty well done with a lot of stock parts from other kits. And yeah, the aftermarket is pretty insane for them. Not sure why I never got one years ago.
It's definitely an awesome piece of kit. I can't wait to to get out and drive it. It looks like it's gonna be tons of fun. I might have to get another one...
Also something kinda funny is Mark Santa Maria uploaded "5 Reasons I Dislike the Traxxas Slash 2wd | The BEST Beginner RC Car" the same day I got mine so yeah I though that was funny😂

Lol. Yeah, he goes over some stuff that I have seen that suck about the car as a SCT, but fortunately as a drag car, I won't be running any of those parts 😜

But I was thinking, for a drag car build, there are other issues. The fact that the front arms and shocks are laid back to soften the landings, the caster is not ideal for a straight line vehicle. And the motor all the way in the back is a bit of an issue with sich a light chassis. I have yet to drive one, but I am guessing keeping the front end down and keeping it from slamming on the wheelie bar and unloading the rear tires might be something I'll need to deal with. Still learning here 😉

But I was thinking, for a drag car build, there are other issues. The fact that the front arms and shocks are laid back to soften the landings, the caster is not ideal for a straight line vehicle. And the motor all the way in the back is a bit of an issue with sich a light chassis. I have yet to drive one, but I am guessing keeping the front end down and keeping it from slamming on the wheelie bar and unloading the rear tires might be something I'll need to deal with. Still learning here 😉
Those are all correct concerns. However with the stinger wheelie bar I included solves most of the unloading. Your biggest problem will be keeping the tires from ballooning. As I've said definitely look at getting some beadlocks and belted tires

Got the wheels ordered, but not beadlocks. We won't be going fast enough to need them though right now. Just hoping to hang with the stock DR10 at first.

In my experience with the slash anything more than the stock reedy system in either car will blow the tires off even on 2s
That's why I'm urging the beadlocks. They will be more useful

Last edited:
Well if that happens, I will have to figure that out. I ran glued tires on my Jato that are heavier than the drag tires and it would hit 70mph with no problems. I have mad gluing skills though lol.

Back