Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my favorites. I had a couple pieces of pressure-cooked chicken with white rice. I wasn't really hungry but had to eat something so I could take my meds.
My son loves sweet and sour anything, so the other day I had some leftover white rice. I also had some popcorn shrimp in the freezer and some of those Dole tangerine cups. I thought, what the hell. Threw it all together in a skillet with some pineapple and small chopped sautéed sweet onions and he ate so much I thought he was going to pop.

I have always thought I could do really well on the cooking show Chopped 😜

Eggrolls for dinner tonight. Cabbage, carrots, pork loin, dollop of peanut butter, soy sauce, and eggroll wraps. Easy peasy, and the kiddo loves them. Deep fry in peanut oil 😉
Look at you, Chef! 👍
......I wasn't really hungry.....

What does this statement even mean?

😆
My son loves sweet and sour anything, so the other day I had some leftover white rice. I also had some popcorn shrimp in the freezer and some of those Dole tangerine cups. I thought, what the hell. Threw it all together in a skillet with some pineapple and small chopped sautéed sweet onions and he ate so much I thought he was going to pop.

I have always thought I could do really well on the cooking show Chopped 😜
Man, you are Chopped material!

I'm watching Triple G as I'm typing this out 😀

Look at you, Chef! 👍
My mom's side of my family is all from Arkansas. Hellacious cooks. I was cooking by the time I was 7 years old. I remember making donuts out of a Betty Crocker cookbook while my mom was sleeping. Yeah, I was a fat kid too 😉

True story - more than once my mother had to come and rescue me when I was climbing down from the kitchen counter after going for the cookbook and my pants leg got caught on the lower cabinet handles and hung me upside down. That tells you how small I was.
I'm watching Triple G as I'm typing this out 😀
I love that show. I have actually visited a few of the restaurants he has been to for DDD. Currently rewatching Hell's Kitchen.

My mom's side of my family is all from Arkansas. Hellacious cooks. I was cooking by the time I was 7 years old. I remember making donuts out of a Betty Crocker cookbook while my mom was sleeping. Yeah, I was a fat kid too 😉

True story - more than once my mother had to come and rescue me when I was climbing down from the kitchen counter after going for the cookbook and my pants leg got caught on the lower cabinet handles and hung me upside down. That tells you how small I was.

I love that show. I have actually visited a few of the restaurants he has been to for DDD. Currently rewatching Hell's Kitchen.
The only time I actually watch TV is when I'm eating alone. I typically watch Food Network or one of the living off the grid shows, such as Life Below Zero and Mountain Men.

Chicken Curry doused in Franks Hot Sauce. can't get enough of it :)
On my own for dinner, tonight.

First time making butter curry chicken. I diverted from the original and used a bunch of veggies: zucchini, bamboo shoots, onions, carrots, and portabello mushroom. It was pretty good!
Tillamook cherry ice cream for dessert.
1013211850.jpg

Last edited:
@Xraycer DUDE! Tillamook ice cream is the best!!! 😍 😍 😍
My wife is an awesome cook, I make bachelor food. 🤣
The stores around here just started carrying Tillamook ice cream fairly recently. Most people around these parts have no idea what Tillamook is. I do, because I worked out there for 3 months back in 2001.
When I saw the container in the store, I had to give it a try. I'm so glad I did! So freaking creamy goodness! I would be in heaven if they decide to make a pistachio edition.

Ain't nothing wrong with bachelor food! 😉

The best ice cream I ever had was at a dairy farm on I-65 up by Lafayette Indiana. It was fresh from the cow, and omg was it amazing. Nothing in the stores even comes close. Will have to keep an eye out for that Tillamook.

I have never tried to cook Indian food, or messed with any curry's, but it has become my favorite food in the last 5 years. I need to check out some recipes on making it.

I think the best thing I make is seafood enchiladas with a corn cake, Spanish rice, and refried beans. There was a restaurant here named Chi-Chi's (I later found out what that means), and they had these amazing seafood enchiladas. I found a copycat recipe and made them. It tasted exactly the same, but I have since doctored it up slightly. It is a very complicated recipe (for me) and they take like all day for me to make, so I don't get to enjoy them very often. But here is the recipe I started with.

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
  • 3 1/2 cups 2% low-fat milk
  • 1 (4 ounce) can baby shrimp
  • paprika
  • 8 ounces monterey jack cheese
  • 1 cup white wine
  • 6 tablespoons butter
  • 10 (6 inch) flour tortillas
  • 2 (8 ounce) packages imitation crabmeat
  • 2 tablespoons lobster base
Instructions

For the sauce
  1. melt butter in a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat.
  2. add flour.
  3. cook and stir for 5 minutes(should have a nutty aroma).
  4. add 1/2 tsp white pepper.
  5. stir in 2 tbsps lobster base and cook for an additional minute.
  6. add milk & wine.
  7. add 2 oz. of the cheese.
  8. continue to cook until thickened.

For the crab filling
  1. lightly chop the flaked imitation crab.
  2. combine with shrimp in a medium size bowl.
  3. add 1.5 cups of cold sauce.
  4. mix well.

For the enchiladas
  1. lay out the tortillas on a flat surface.
  2. place 2 to 3 heaping tablespoons of the crab mix across the center of each tortilla.
  3. place flap of the tortilla over the crab mix and roll.
  4. place flap side down onto a plate or in your baking dish.
  5. ladle warm sauce over the enchiladas.
  6. top with remaining monterey jack cheese.
  7. put into a preheated 425 degree convection oven for 12-14 minutes.In a conventional oven you may want to microwave on high for a minute or 2 before placing in the oven.
  8. watch and do not allow to burn(brown spots).
  9. sprinkle with paprika.
The only time I actually watch TV is when I'm eating alone. I typically watch Food Network or one of the living off the grid shows, such as Life Below Zero and Mountain Men.

I have talked to Sue Aikens a few times on Twitter. She loves to chat! The episode where she tells the story of the bear attacking her- holy cow. That deserved an emmy or whatever those awards are.

Last edited:
I'm on my annual, week off in October, right now. I take a week off, to get some house projects done that I didn't want to do in the heat of summer.
About an hour ago, I woke to the smell of a wonderful aroma coming from downstairs. Came down to find this yummy pan of goodness: maple pork morning sausages!

I haven't dug into 'em yet, but I already know what they taste like. Right now, I'm just waking up to a tall mug Wicked Awesome French roast.View attachment 134935
Nice sausage party. I use to be a heavy hot dog eater. I'm realising the older you get, the better you need to take care of yourself, or that they arent the same as I grew up.

@Xraycer DUDE! Tillamook ice cream is the best!!! 😍 😍 😍
My wife is an awesome cook, I make bachelor food. 🤣
I agree, and the Tillamook cheese is awesome also. We toured the Tillamook factory when we went to the coast a few years ago.
The fresh squeeky cheese is the bomb..:thumbs-up:

I agree, and the Tillamook cheese is awesome also. We toured the Tillamook factory when we went to the coast a few years ago.
Fun fact. Milk is bleached and processed. I know alot of people who grew up on a farm and complain about the taste of bought milk products.

The best ice cream I ever had was at a dairy farm on I-65 up by Lafayette Indiana. It was fresh from the cow, and omg was it amazing. Nothing in the stores even comes close. Will have to keep an eye out for that Tillamook.

I have never tried to cook Indian food, or messed with any curry's, but it has become my favorite food in the last 5 years. I need to check out some recipes on making it.

I think the best thing I make is seafood enchiladas with a corn cake, Spanish rice, and refried beans. There was a restaurant here named Chi-Chi's (I later found out what that means), and they had these amazing seafood enchiladas. I found a copycat recipe and made them. It tasted exactly the same, but I have since doctored it up slightly. It is a very complicated recipe (for me) and they take like all day for me to make, so I don't get to enjoy them very often.

I have talked to Sue Aikens a few times on Twitter. She loves to chat! The episode where she tells the story of the bear attacking her- holy cow. That deserved an emmy or whatever those awards are.
We have a ton of great ice cream places around here, but I hate paying like $8 per person. For a family of 5, that's a lot of dough for a snack! But, we treated as a treat, once or twice a year.

I really didn't give much thought for Indian food growing up, although I've always liked curry. Didn't really started trying it, and loving it until like 2002 or so. Ironically, I had dated an Indian girl in high school. Found out, from her, years later that she was a great cook!

I remembered the Chi Chi's brand restaurants. I think I've might have eaten there once or twice. I know I never got the seafood enchiladas. My wife starts making chicken enchilada casserole this year, and it has been delicious every time.

Dude, Sue Aiken lives a solitary life in the tundra, of course she would want to chat with other human beings. Those foxes ain't gonna converse with her! Lol
The fresh squeeky cheese is the bomb..:thumbs-up:
Tillamook is a West Coast thing, because no one in New England knows about it. In this region of the country, Vermont is where quality cheese comes from. I suppose in the Midwest, it's Wisconsin.
Fun fact. Milk is bleached and processed. I know alot of people who grew up on a farm and complain about the taste of bought milk products.
I've never heard of milk being bleached. I know that pasteurizing changes the flavor of raw milk. I've never had it, but I've heard from people that raw milk taste very different from store bought milk.
Nice sausage party. I use to be a heavy hot dog eater. I'm realising the older you get, the better you need to take care of yourself, or that they arent the same as I grew up.
About 12 years ago, I got a wake up call, and ever since then, an exercising regiment has become a part of my life. I still eat what I want, but I do it in moderation. I also, eat plenty of "good" stuff, that I truthfully don't particularly care for.
FYI, all those sausages will last for a few days, not just made for one meal 😉

Last edited:
Our stores only started carrying Tillamook a little over a year ago, so far I haven't tried a flavor I didn't like.

Curry.....yuck! Sea food....yuck! Cheeseburgers...yum! 🤣

But y'all done knowed that already!

A Goofy Movie Reaction GIF
True dat!
Our stores only started carrying Tillamook a little over a year ago, so far I haven't tried a flavor I didn't like.
My wife got a caramel kind, last week, that I didn't care for.

Any cookies and cream ice cream will last maybe a day in my household.

I've never heard of milk being bleached. I know that pasteurizing changes the flavor of raw milk. I've never had it, but I've heard from people that raw milk taste very different from store bought milk.

There are dairy farms everywhere, and some of them will have a visitor center and cafe. If you find one in your area you really should make a family trip there and try some fresh milk and ice cream. It is unreal how much better it is. But for awhile after going to the one here, I didn't like store bought milk or ice cream anymore because it was so different.

Oh, we have Tillamook ice cream here. Yay! Also cheese and meat snacks.

Last edited:
Dude, Sue Aiken lives a solitary life in the tundra, of course she would want to chat with other human beings. Those foxes ain't gonna converse with her! Lol
The show doesn't really show it, but Sue isn't really alone there all the time. All those cabins on the compound there are rentals for explorers, researchers, etc. You can actually book a stay there and hang out with her. A buddy of mine was looking into heading up there last time I talked to him.

There are dairy farms everywhere, and some of them will have a visitor center and cafe. If you find one in your area you really should make a family trip there and try some fresh milk and ice cream. It is unreal how much better it is. But for awhile after going to the one here, I didn't like store bought milk or ice cream anymore because it was so different.

Oh, we have Tillamook ice cream here. Yay! Also cheese and meat snacks.
I'm sure those dairy farms don't reduce the milk fat at all, nor do they aerate the ice cream to lessen the density. So, you'll definitely have a super creamy, yummy product!
Going to one of these farms, I would request to start off with a 2lb ribeye first 😀
The show doesn't really show it, but Sue isn't really alone there all the time. All those cabins on the compound there are rentals for explorers, researchers, etc. You can actually book a stay there and hang out with her. A buddy of mine was looking into heading up there last time I talked to him.
From watching some of the shows, I believe that the researchers and explorers only come during a certain time of the year. I would venture a guess and say that would be during the warmer, calmer weather summer months.
Any idea of the rate of an overnight stay?

Last edited:
I'm sure those dairy farms don't reduce the milk fat at all, nor do they aerate the ice cream to lessen the density. So, you'll definitely have a super creamy, yummy product!
Going to one of these farms, I would request to start off with a 2lb ribeye first 😀

From watching some of the shows, I believe that the researchers and explorers only come during a certain time of the year. I would venture a guess and say that would be during the warmer, calmer weather summer months.
Any idea of the rate of an overnight stay?
$350/night. But I kinda think my buddy said there are different rates for longer stays.

Back