Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today my son Breydon wanted more eggrolls, so I decided to let him make them. These were made by a 9 year old, and they are some of the best eggrolls I ever ate. I did cut the pork loin, but he did everything else. He got really good at wrapping by the time he finished. Mmmmmm, yummy goodness! 😋🥰😋🥰😋🥰

Oh, there were 11 of them. Breydon inhaled 4 of them.

20211015_165856.jpg

Just ate a bowl of chicken chili my daughter made. YUMMM

Today my son Breydon wanted more eggrolls, so I decided to let him make them. These were made by a 9 year old, and they are some of the best eggrolls I ever ate. I did cut the pork loin, but he did everything else. He got really good at wrapping by the time he finished. Mmmmmm, yummy goodness! 😋🥰😋🥰😋🥰

View attachment 135057
Looks like he's going to be following in Dad's side of the family when it comes to cooking.
Well done, Breydon!
Just ate a bowl of chicken chili my daughter made. YUMMM

:nopics:

Looks like he's going to be following in Dad's side of the family when it comes to cooking.
Well done, Breydon!

:nopics:
Be careful what you wish for. With the past tense of ate, I'm thinking Ill pass.

View attachment 135057
All these eggrolls are making me want Lumpia!

All these eggrolls are making me want Lumpia!
Before I met my wife, I was dating a Filipino girl. So, I ate plenty of lumpias!

Dinner tonight was tater tot casserole with ground beef (onions, carrots, corn, broccoli, and cream of mushroom soup). Added the last of my favorite hot sauce to it.
I was pretty stoked today when I came across Fat Boy ice cream sandwiches. I haven't been able to come across these since living in Hawaii. Just as good as I'd remembered!
1015211837.jpg
1015211848.jpg
1015211906.jpg

FatBoyCookiesnCreamSandwich.jpg

Before I met my wife, I was dating a Filipino girl. So, I ate plenty of lumpias!

Dinner tonight was tater tot casserole with ground beef (onions, carrots, corn, broccoli, and cream of mushroom soup). Added the last of my favorite hot sauce to it.
I was pretty stoked today when I came across Fat Boy ice cream sandwiches. I haven't been able to come across these since living in Hawaii. Just as good as I'd remembered!View attachment 135066View attachment 135067View attachment 135068
View attachment 135069
I am so stealing that casserole recipe!

I am so stealing that casserole recipe!
It's stupid simple!

The key is cook the tots first. Get 'em really crispy, before constructing the casserole.
Cook the onions and carrots first for a few minutes then add the meat and a little worcestershire sauce, salt and garlic powder. Once the meat is browned, I added the frozen corn and broccoli, and a can of cream of mushrooms.
Transfer the meat to a casserole dish, add a layer of cheese(I used a shredded Mexican blend), layer of tots, and a little more cheese on top of the tots. 375F for about 20min.

Got Texas Roadhouse to go, once I get home I'll be having an 8 oz sirloin, ribs, mashed potatoes and green beans.

It's stupid simple!
That's my kind of meal....last night we had what I call "school lunch" Mashed potatoes, ground beef, and brown gravy. Simple yet filling, I like me some simple. I'll be adding your recipe to my repertoire :)

That's my kind of meal....last night we had what I call "school lunch" Mashed potatoes, ground beef, and brown gravy. Simple yet filling, I like me some simple. I'll be adding your recipe to my repertoire :)
I'm with ya, D!

My wife, on the other hand, likes to make restaurant meals and makes it look all pretty and what not. Hence, we often eat dinner after 8pm. It also doesn't help that she doesn't get home from work until work until 5:30pm or later.
So, half the time I'll take over dinner duty, which I actually don't mind, since I do like to cook.
Got Texas Roadhouse to go, once I get home I'll be having an 8 oz sirloin, ribs, mashed potatoes and green beans.
We used to love going to Texas Roadhouse, but our local one really went downhill. So, we haven't been there in years. I used to get one of the cheaper cuts of steak dinner that came with a side and a large salad.
I would fill up on those complimentary hot, delicious hot rolls with the cinnamon butter and peanuts, then finished up the salad. By the time the steak and baked potato came, I was pretty full. Packed the steak and potato up for another meal. I love getting multiple meals out of one order!

Last edited:

I was pretty stoked today when I came across Fat Boy ice cream sandwiches. I haven't been able to come across these since living in Hawaii. Just as good as I'd remembered!View attachment 135066View attachment 135067

My wife is Filipina so I'm all too familiar with lumpia! Prolly one of my all time favorites. My wife invented her own balsamic vinegar based sauce for the lumpia oh man...I wish you guys could taste it. I like them with traditional banana catsup also but the sauce she invented is heavenly! Pretty much only get lumpia on special occasions though cuz its a ton of work to make them.

I've never heard of tater tot casserole but now I want some. That looks really good!

Pretty much only get lumpia on special occasions though cuz its a ton of work to make them.
We used to make Lumpia every new years day, it's been a few years since we've made it, but I think it's time. You are right about it being a ton of work, but it is so worth it. :thumbs-up:

We used to make Lumpia every new years day, it's been a few years since we've made it, but I think it's time. You are right about it being a ton of work, but it is so worth it. :thumbs-up:
They actually look pretty easy to make. Any recipes?

They are easy, but you have to make a lot, which is time consuming.
I can wrap like a gangsta yo 😎

Was looking for a gangsta emoji, but mine are all racially challenged white and nerdy looking dudes.

I have an aunt that used to spend a week with us year a couple of years, but now at 85, it's just too much for her to travel back and forth from on that+20hr flight from Vietnam.
She used to feed the heck out of us with traditional Vietnamese foods. One of which is lumpia/egg rolls. She used a combination of ground pork and blue crab meat. EVERYTHING was from scratch! She would retrieved about 2lb of meat from the blue crabs herself! 😮 If anyone has eaten blue crab, you know that it's an arduous task to get the meat.
She would hand roll about 80 of these things! Just unbelievable energy and work ethics. These were accompanied with her awesome sweet lime garlic dipping fish sauce.
You just can't find that kind of meal preparation in restaurants. At least, anywhere I've been to and/or heard of. Her satisfaction is seeing how much we enjoy her food. Sadly, I don't feel I'll ever see those days any longer 😞

Back