Whatcha Eating?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Legit, one of the best things I've ever cooked.
20220120_164134.jpg

Speedie round, with s&p rub (fancy flake salt- generously applied, basic beeyotch pepper), and a very light drizzle of blood orange infused olive oil. This oil is rapidly becoming my go-to for speedies
20220120_173032.jpg

Started on a hot pellet smoker (550f) for a sear, another "bae" of salt when I flipped it, then I finished it in cast iron in a 350f oven on a bed of spuds (with a few sweet taters, an onion, and some minced garlic- all pan fried in a splash of avocado oil until the right blend of crunchy and soft was achieved). I left it in until the innards hit 120f. Then I covered it in foil and waited for 128g to show on the meater probe. Some kind of magic happened in that whole process. I pray I can recreate this one! ❤❤❤

Just got home from my son's soccer game. We swung into BK for dinner. He had their spicy chicken sandwich, which he thought was superb. I've had that sandwich before, and I was really impressed, and surprised that BK was able to achieve this caliber of eats. Anyways, I was craving a cheesy Whopper tonight, so that's what I ordered. I wasn't disappointed. This particular BK always seems to make fresh, good food. They apparently, actually make their stuff to order.

Snacking on Twizzlers cherry bites right now, and watching The Simpsons.

.....waiting for the Blue Moon to chill 😉

On Friday, my son had requested wings for some time this weekend. So, that's what was fire dinner this evening. 8lb oven made yumminess! My son and I are the big eaters and we like our heat, so 4lb were honey sriracha. The ladies had 1 batch of Sticky Fingers Kentucky Bourbon bbq sauce and the other batch was a local supermarket Asian influenced sauce. My son and I also had Caesar salad. Mine had anchovies.
I love wing nights!
0123221849.jpg
0123221850.jpg

Daaayum! And no invite?!?! Yummy!
Bro, I'd texted you to come over this morning. Your wife said you were out with Fred Durst with his Jeep. 😁
@Xraycer Can i move in??? :) The wife and i love some Garlic parmesan wings!! mm mm mmmm
Sorry, full house already! I've got 3 kids. The wife considers me her 4th child 😂

On Friday, my son had requested wings for some time this weekend. So, that's what was fire dinner this evening. 8lb oven made yumminess! My son and I are the big eaters and we like our heat, so 4lb were honey sriracha. The ladies had 1 batch of Sticky Fingers Kentucky Bourbon bbq sauce and the other batch was a local supermarket Asian influenced sauce. My son and I also had Caesar salad. Mine had anchovies.
I love wing nights!
View attachment 140906View attachment 140905
I hope you didn't let your son know they were batwings!

I hope you didn't let your son know they were batwings!
When my oldest was around 8 or so, we were at an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet. One of the things they had was fried frog legs. I told her it was chicken. She ate a few and really enjoyed it. They were really good! Years later, I finally told her what it actually was.
I'm sure I was down graded from "best Dad ever" to "He's just an ok Dad". 😂
I made stew since it was snowing and cold outside.
I was working in the shop so I had time to go back and forth.
And I made two loafs of sourdough bread and some ciabatta rolls.
Nothing like comfort food in the winter.
Look at you multitasking!

Last edited:
For dinner tonight, Susan made meatloaf, mashed taters, sauteed French green beans. Washed my down with a cold watermelon seltzer. Dessert was Edy's brownie brick road.

Back