What Is Your Favorite Brand Of Drivers?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What Is Your Favorite Brand Of Drivers?

• Hudy Drivers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harbor Freight, Lowe’s, Home Depot tools

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LosiFan143

RCTalk Basher
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I was wondering what hex and nut drivers I should get because I have the Dynamite starter kit thing and the bits are starting to round off. I have a backup Harbor Freight Tools screwdriver bit set. Comment what you use down below.

I have had Dynamite tools and used the hell out of them for years on my 3d printers and RC's. They still look like new.
Not very good pics, but these are what I have
20211213_175006.jpg

MIP brand is highly recommended also.

I use Dynamite and arrowmaxx. I had my Dynamite drivers for 7 plus years and they are still like new. (I have the same ones as @WickedFog ) For my arrowmax tools I stripped my 1.5 driver but they sell replacements tips for less than 10 dollars I think. I also have the Dynamite starter tool kit which I put in my backpack for outside the house. Pretty good backup tool kit if needed. MIP drivers are awesome but the tips aren't replaceable. I use their electric screwdriver bits with my electric screwdriver and they had been awesome.
PXL_20230301_220135178.jpg

I also got Kyosho curved scissors, protek ball cup, B+D electric screwdriver, integy shock pliers, vise grips, cheap Amazon body reamer.
Can't comment on hudy. No one can afford them. Their basic 9 piece kit is 210 dollars... Insane
I heard that Team ED's tools are great too.

Last edited:
Does places like Harbor Freight carry these small hex drivers? They might sell the L wrenches or Allen keys but not actual drivers. The Allen keys hurt your hands pretty bad if you wrench on your car every day.

We were talking about tools in this thread last year. Thread 'Tips on how to remove stripped hex screws.' https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/tips-on-how-to-remove-stripped-hex-screws.136106/
There is nothing at Harbor Freight as far as tools that I would ever use on an RC car. Maybe a hammer, but I am betting the hammer would break 🤪

I hate that you can't get the EDS tools custom engraved anymore. I had a handful done back in the day but then they stopped offering that option :(

Not on your poll list but they are compact, have every bit I will ever need, comfortable handle, have extras like a bendable shaft, tweezers, magnetic, pry bar, magnifying glass and are under 20 bucks. At that price I bought 3 of them for my backpack, shop and mobile tool box.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B099RBYY9B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also wanted a ratcheting handle so I got one of these.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0924ZKT5W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not on your poll list but they are compact, have every bit I will ever need, comfortable handle, have extras like a bendable shaft, tweezers, magnetic, pry bar, magnifying glass and are under 20 bucks. At that price I bought 3 of them for my backpack, shop and mobile tool box.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B099RBYY9B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also wanted a ratcheting handle so I got one of these.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0924ZKT5W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That’s really nice. Have you had any problems with the bits wearing down? I fear that Amazon tools are not made of the best quality metal.

That’s really nice. Have you had any problems with the bits wearing down? I fear that Amazon tools are not made of the best quality metal.
Longevity is the only thing I can not comment on as I just got back into this arena a year ago and have not owned these that long. I can say this though.
I bought these about six months ago and with "Hobby" use, all of the tips still work.
I do agree that you get what you pay for but on the flip side, if I were to damage or lose a tip or a handle through abuse or an accident, I would much rather it be with a $20 kit than a 60$ kit. This way I can buy extras and always have a backup.

I can tell you the worst set of hex drivers that I ever bought was Integy's 6 piece set with 12mm diameter handles :(🤮 (shown on the left). There was no mention of the handle size in description. I just assumed they were 18mm like my old, old ones. Compared to "normal size" 18mm handles, the tiny ones were about useless. Within minutes of receiving them, I put them up for sale.
1679183901824.png
1679184482947.png

Having said that, I still use my set of Integy's hex drivers from the early 90's. Those have proven to be great.