What is the make of this Nitro car?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It could also your transmitter not returning to neutral with a weak spring. Another thing is to look at the servo horn if it is the right fit for the servo. For example, if you use a JR servo horn on a Futaba servo, you will get some slack, but I don't think this is the case.

Hi Andrew

Thank you for your reply.

I am really struggling with this, must have taken the car apart 50 times by now trying different things.
The whole car almost needs to be taken apart to get to the steering servo. I now mounted it on top of the body plate, so it can be easily removed, before it was underneath. Terrible design.
Its very hard to keep the car straight, it just keep swirling around, and I can see another crash incoming.

Anyway, problem remains, even after I tried 3 servos ( purchased 4 of those DS servos from ali express.
Basically I am not sure what is is now, can it still be the servo, all 3 of them??
Is it the crash that took initially, but as I said, there is no slop in the wheels, and servo horn does not slip if I try and force the steering to turn by hand.

I would really like to get to the bottom of this, as its one of my fav cars.

Does anyone know the name of this type of servo horn and servo saver?
Might be worth getting a new one and just trying it out

More photos attached, might give some insight, on what I am dealing with.

Also, there is no spring on the servo horn, at least not as such, more like a clip, but its tight.
My knowledge of steering linkages is limited, so what does the spring/clip actually do?

Would another type of servo horn be suitable?

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_7269.JPG
    IMG_7269.JPG
    318.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7257.JPG
    IMG_7257.JPG
    233.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7258.JPG
    IMG_7258.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7259.JPG
    IMG_7259.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_7260.JPG
    IMG_7260.JPG
    168.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7261.JPG
    IMG_7261.JPG
    210 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_7262.JPG
    IMG_7262.JPG
    288.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7264.JPG
    IMG_7264.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7265.JPG
    IMG_7265.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for your help!
I am from NZ.

I did get a lot of servo horns with the servo I purchased, but none of them seem to be the steering ones?
I have attached a photo of what I got in the servo package.

So, the ones I linked above would be OK as long as my servo is 25? Correct?

Attachments

• IMG_7274.JPG
    IMG_7274.JPG
    310.4 KB · Views: 35
Hi,

Thanks for your help!
I am from NZ.

I did get a lot of servo horns with the servo I purchased, but none of them seem to be the steering ones?
I have attached a photo of what I got in the servo package.

So, the ones I linked above would be OK as long as my servo is 25? Correct?
correct and usually those sets include adapters for various servos/tooth counts.

I will order those and report back once they are received.

I have an idea!!!

While waiting for parts, I wonder if traxxas receiver with TSM could get rid of small swaying that I am experiencing?

Worth a shot right. Will remove a TSM receiver from my Revo and try.

Just tried running it with TSM receiver.

It aint working, in fact its worse, its swirling even more at high speed, but goes straight.

I give up for now and will order this servo horn and see how I go.

1648878653681.png

Sorry late to the party. All servos come with the horns. Weather it's a star or circle disk. Or a two sided bar. All those piece are servo horns.what you ordered looks like the tamiya servo saver.. have you done any calibration or binding of these new servos. With your TX trims all set to zero? It seems like you don't have the servo centered and calibrated correct.. never had that many new servos give this much a problem... just curious... sorry
You should also try to stay away from running in roads or streets. Curbs always win. Or sometimes cars jump out in front of your rc. Ask @cbaker65 about cars that jump out in front of your RC. Sorry bud. Haha 😉👍👍

Sorry late to the party. All servos come with the horns. Weather it's a star or circle disk. Or a two sided bar. All those piece are servo horns.what you ordered looks like the tamiya servo saver.. have you done any calibration or binding of these new servos. With your TX trims all set to zero? It seems like you don't have the servo centered and calibrated correct.. never had that many new servos give this much a problem... just curious... sorry
How do you calibrate a servo?

Apart from making sure that all trims are in neutral, when installing the horn onto it and that wheels are pointing straight?
If you look at my latest photos a few posts above, you will see what my servo saver looks like.
To me it looks exactly the same as the one I ordered, at least I hope so.

Thanks

The one you ordered is a tamiya saver. It might work its all about the tooth count when it comes to the horns. But there's more then just throwing in a new servo. Here can watch this. Just to make sure bud. Sounds like something slightly off. And running nitro do you have a foil safe on you reciver? To stop run aways..

What exactly is the issue when running?
does the car veer left to right randomly or?

The one you ordered is a tamiya saver. It might work its all about the tooth count when it comes to the horns. But there's more then just throwing in a new servo. Here can watch this. Just to make sure bud. Sounds like something slightly off. And running nitro do you have a foil safe on you reciver? To stop run aways..

Its the only saver that I could find that looked similar to mine.
I do not have a separate fail safe module, but the Futaba radio gear has one built in.
I narrowed it down to a faulty battery pack.

Thanks
What exactly is the issue when running?
does the car veer left to right randomly or?

When steered right, it will continue to run slightly to the right even when in neutral.
Same goes for when going left, continues to steer left after in neutra.

Its the only saver that I could find that looked similar to mine.
I do not have a separate fail safe module, but the Futaba radio gear has one built in.
I narrowed it down to a faulty battery pack.

Thanks

When steered right, it will continue to run slightly to the right even when in neutral.
Same goes for when going left, continues to steer left after in neutra.
Yeah that sounds like a bad servo not returning to center, or a very weak one.

Yeah that sounds like a bad servo not returning to center, or a very weak one.

That's the thing, I bought these 25kg servos, although they are the cheap ones (reviews were good), they are def stronger than old ones I removed, but whether the center properly, that I cannot confirm. However, I have tried 3 servos of the same brand, they all behaved the same.

That's the thing, I bought these 25kg servos, although they are the cheap ones (reviews were good), they are def stronger than old ones I removed, but whether the center properly, that I cannot confirm. However, I have tried 3 servos of the same brand, they all behaved the same.
Then it's definitely not the servo. What's you hump pack volts say. Do you have a multimeter to test the voltage on it?

Then it's definitely not the servo. What's you hump pack volts say. Do you have a multimeter to test the voltage on it?

6V. The old pack had a weird wiring issue, it would only cut out when you blip the servo really quick.
I use eneloop pro batts, so I don't think its that.
Its going to take a few weeks to get the servo horn from China, but I will def report back when I get it, that is if it fits my car.
I will give TSM receiver another go, maybe TSM was turned up too high (50%) and that's why it couldn't auto correct.
Will even try to put the old servo back on, as the car definitely wasn't doing this before.

Honestly the 25k is a little under powered for the nitro. Really should be running 35k minimal 30kg IMO.. I only run 25k in 1/10 buggies and that's a big maybe.. if I'm in a pinch. Nothing wrong with the cheaper servos. It's really comes down to its specs. You definitely want more tourqe and speed then needed when it comes to the steering. Can't go wrong with stronger then needed servo. only talking a couple of bucks difference