what do you have

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i love these. i still havent gotton mine yet soon the traxxas slayer i think it will be good for me.

HPIM1167.jpg

This is my T maxx (in the making BB conversion)

I also have a Rustler TRX 2.5R. Dont have a pick of it. Its at a friends house buried in the garage.

My newest RC and the best I've ever owned, the 5th scale Baja 5b SS, hand built by me :D :

Baja_5b_by_Cupooterluvr.jpg

My T-Maxx with a Picco .26 in it (used to be my baby but lost interest when I got the Baja):

New_TMaxx_Body_by_Cupooterluvr.jpg

My little 18th scale RC18t. This thing flies at around 43 mph with just the stock motor and ESC (I timed it over 100 feet):

rc18_body_by_Cupooterluvr.jpg

Are the baja's really worth it?

If you can afford the initial investment, then yes, definitely. After the cost of the car itself, there are basically no expenses other than fuel ($6). It's not like a nitro where you spend 40 bucks on fuel every week, and a single tank of gas runs for over 40 minutes.

Obviously, though, parts are going to scale up in price.

As far as fun factor goes, there is no equal. These things are as durable as it gets (except when you run it straight on into a drain pipe :\ ) and you can't beat the sound.

There is minimal maintenance. All you bring with you when you run is the remote and the car, and maybe a charger and gas if you're going to be running it for a while.

If you can afford the initial investment, then yes, definitely. After the cost of the car itself, there are basically no expenses other than fuel ($6). It's not like a nitro where you spend 40 bucks on fuel every week, and a single tank of gas runs for over 40 minutes.

Obviously, though, parts are going to scale up in price.

As far as fun factor goes, there is no equal. These things are as durable as it gets (except when you run it straight on into a drain pipe :\ ) and you can't beat the sound.

There is minimal maintenance. All you bring with you when you run is the remote and the car, and maybe a charger and gas if you're going to be running it for a while.

That sounds friging sweet. I may consider getting one with my income taxes. I did read they run gasoline with 2cyle oil mixed. something like 25:1. Drain pipe huh? Sounds painful. Bet that made a horrible thud. :hehe:

That sounds friging sweet. I may consider getting one with my income taxes. I did read they run gasoline with 2cyle oil mixed. something like 25:1. Drain pipe huh? Sounds painful. Bet that made a horrible thud. :hehe:

You have no idea. I was just about ready to go home when suddenly-- THUNK!

It is a sound no RC'er EVER wants to hear. My heart actually leapt when I heard it and saw the right front tire go flying.

Good news, though. My replacement parts come in the mail tomorrow. The damage wasn't all that bad considering what I did. Just a bent upper chassis brace and a slightly bent skidplate.

You have no idea. I was just about ready to go home when suddenly-- THUNK!

It is a sound no RC'er EVER wants to hear. My heart actually leapt when I heard it and saw the right front tire go flying.

Good news, though. My replacement parts come in the mail tomorrow. The damage wasn't all that bad considering what I did. Just a bent upper chassis brace and a slightly bent skidplate.

I have a video saved on my youtube account of a guy with a rustler that hit a curb at 74MPH. NOT PRETTY. He had a speed gun and everything showing how fast it was going. You dont see the wreck but you can hear it. If you get a chance search for "dead rustler". OUCH:(

Yeah I've seen it before. It was totally FUBAR'd.

It was the first time I've ever seen a chassis bent in a complete "U" shape.. lol

He said "I might be able to patch it up, and have it ready in aout 10 minutes", & "I'll have it ready to make another pass here in a miunte."......yeah right !:hehe: You gotta love Rednecks:D,........Buzzards !:hehe:

Last edited:
HPI Nitro RS4 RTR 3 Drift... Pics to come

XTM X-cellerator (electric)
003-1.gif

Tamiya TT01 (for sale)
002.gif

XTM Rage (for sale)
012.gif

I have a traxxas t-maxx 2.5r, my dad has a nitro evader, and we also have a rc10 which is in the stat of being rebuilt. I will get some pictures posted tonight.