Well, Poop! sometimes thing just don't go right.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
Today Mrs. Doom and I took the day off to head up to the hills for a picnic and some crawling. Headed up to Pine Flat Dam, but when we got there all of the recreational areas were locked up, we usually settle next to the river. Well we went up the hill a bit and found a place to have our picnic under a tree, but no joy for crawling.

I packed 5 crawlers and didn't get to play. All of the recreation areas are locked up because the snow melt has the King's River running high. There was a warning to stay out of the river on the news but they didn't say they were closing all of the recreation areas. SIGH

Pine Flat Dam sign R.jpg

On a positive note the drive was nice, the picnic was nice and I got some nice photos. It would have been nicer if I could have found a spot to crawl and we could have used a restroom before an hour long drive home but it is what it is..

Hill Side R.jpg

Pine Flat Dam 1 R.jpg

Pine Flat Dam 2 R.jpg

Pine Flat Kings River R.jpg

Pine Flat Rapids R.jpg

Today Mrs. Doom and I took the day off to head up to the hills for a picnic and some crawling. Headed up to Pine Flat Dam, but when we got there all of the recreational areas were locked up, we usually settle next to the river. Well we went up the hill a bit and found a place to have our picnic under a tree, but no joy for crawling.

I packed 5 crawlers and didn't get to play. All of the recreation areas are locked up because the snow melt has the King's River running high. There was a warning to stay out of the river on the news but they didn't say they were closing all of the recreation areas. SIGH

View attachment 166743

On a positive note the drive was nice, the picnic was nice and I got some nice photos. It would have been nicer if I could have found a spot to crawl and we could have used a restroom before an hour long drive home but it is what it is..

View attachment 166740
View attachment 166741
View attachment 166742
View attachment 166744
View attachment 166745
Beautiful pics but sorry you didn't get to crawl.

Beautiful pics but sorry you didn't get to crawl.

Still had a good time. The weather was really nice, and the breeze coming off the river was awesome.
should have had a backup Proboat..LOL..no biggy
Couldn't get close enough to the water to launch it. :p

I need to get healthy again before I even think about taking my crawlers out.
I was very careful, I broke my toe on one foot and pulled a hamstring on the other a couple of weeks ago.

View attachment 166743

View attachment 166740
View attachment 166741
View attachment 166742
View attachment 166744
View attachment 166745
At least you got some quality time with the wifey. :thumbs-up: 😁

I was very careful, I broke my toe on one foot and pulled a hamstring on the other a couple of weeks ago.
So the broken toe wasn't enough to get you out of work huh?
410977c95daa19f70b16129edafba2d784cb6f383ce925bc47f8c63e38ba5f1d_1.jpg

Awesome pics. I bet that SCX6 could tackle those mountains 😉

So the broken toe wasn't enough to get you out of work huh?
View attachment 166788

Awesome pics. I bet that SCX6 could tackle those mountains 😉

Oh, I still went to work, what do I look like a Gen Z? 🤣
Sorry to hear that you are injured. Believe me I know. The photo is too funny. I pulled a hamstring..
This was my toe, most of the color has faded now but the hamstring is still tender.
You would have laughed your ass off seeing me limp with two different feet at the same time. 🤣
PSX_20230520_185857.jpg

Last edited:
How did that happened?
Looks like it hurts.
If I lived nearby. I would help.

I got into a scuffle with a homeless guy at work. Ok, let me start from the beginning...

Homeless guy walks into our lobby. I'm guessing he is somwhere between 20 and 40 years old, hard to tell with all the grime. Well the receptionist is the only one up there, but I happened to be up there when he came in. He asked for some water. We don't have water, most of us bring our own from home. Well I tell him I'm sorry we don't have any water, I was polite and telling the truth, he turned around and left with no fuss. So I went to my desk and had lunch.

One of my co workers said he saw the guy around the back of the building drinking from the hose bib. A few minutes later another co worker said the guy was back and asking for me. I'm at lunch and thought about ignoring him but with only the receptionist up front, I didn't like having him out there, plus it's not great for business.

So I go out and ask him what I can do for him and he yells at me that I'm an F'n lyer, he got a cup of water from the ouside of the building and threw it at me, I took a step forward and he had a skateboard in his other hand that he started to bring around for a swing. I kicked the skateboard out of his hand and it landed out in the parking lot, but in doing so I over extended and my foot slipped on the wet pavement and I rolled my ankle. So down I went, I got back up and the homeless guy retreated while spewing profanity.

The whole time the boss was on the phone and had no clue any of this was happening. So later I told him if we wanted a good laugh to bring up the security video from lunch time. We watched it, when I got up from my fall My boss asked "are you laughing" in the video? I said yes, it was embarassing as hell to take a fall without ever being touched. I couldn't help but laugh, I felt so stupid. That's probably why the homeless guy retreated. He must have thought I was crazier than we was, that and his weapon/skateboard were out of reach.

The pain didn't kick in until a little later.I was glad I was wearing my boots or it would have been really bad. There is no point in calling the police, they won't do anything about it. In California the homeless have more rights than the citizens do. If they can't pay a fine they don't bother arresting them. And since the jails are overcrowded the minor offenders get a free pass to run rampant.

Gettin' to old for this crap.

Last edited:
I got into a scuffle with a homeless guy at work. Ok, let me start from the beginning...

Homeless guy walks into our lobby. I'm guessing he is somwhere between 20 and 40 years old, hard to tell with all the grime. Well the receptionist is the only one up there, but I happened to be up there when he came in. He asked for some water. We don't have water, most of us bring our own from home. Well I tell him I'm sorry we don't have any water, I was polite and telling the truth, he turned around and left with no fuss. So I went to my desk and had lunch.

One of my co workers said he saw the guy around the back of the building drinking from the hose bib. A few minutes later another co worker said the guy was back and asking for me. I'm at lunch and thought about ignoring him but with only the receptionist up front, I didn't like having him out there, plus it's not great for business.

So I go out and ask him what I can do for him and he yells at me that I'm an F'n lyer, he got a cup of water from the ouside of the building and threw it at me, I took a step forward and he had a skateboard in his other hand that he started to bring around for a swing. I kicked the skateboard out of his hand and it landed out in the parking lot, but in doing so I over extended and my foot slipped on the wet pavement and I rolled my ankle. So down I went, I got back up and the homeless guy retreated while spewing profanity.

The whole time the boss was on the phone and had no clue any of this was happening. So later I told him if we wanted a good laugh to bring up the security video from lunch time. We watched it, when I got up from my fall My boss asked "are you laughing" in the video? I said yes, it was embarassing as hell to take a fall without ever being touched. I couldn't help but laugh, I felt so stupid. That's probably why the homeless guy retreated. He must have thought I was crazier than we was, that and his weapon/skateboard were out of reach.

The pain didn't kick in until a little later.I was glad I was wearing my boots or it would have been really bad. There is no point in calling the police, they won't do anything about it. In California the homeless have more rights than the citizens do. If they can't pay a fine they don't bother arresting them. And since the jails are overcrowded the minor offenders get a free pass to run rampant.

O u gotta get a copy of that vid for us! Priceless! 😂

Oh, I still went to work, what do I look like a Gen Z? 🤣

This was my toe, most of the color has faded now but the hamstring is still tender.
You would have laughed your ass off seeing me limp with two different feet at the same time
Kinda remind me of the time when I had a suit and tie job and my buddy got me to go to the gym and work out with him. Of course I over did it being 27 and not used to lifting. I over worked my calves so much that the next day I couldnt put my heels on the floor. I had to go to work in a suit and tie walking around on the balls of my feet all day. Its funny now but it was kind of embarrasing at the time. Everyone kept asking me what was wrong with my feet lol

I call BS!

I say he's too embarrassed to admit he ran over his toe with the SCX6.
🤪

Seriously, I wish your piglet a speedy recovery. Thug!

I call BS!

I say he's too embarrassed to admit he ran over his toe with the SCX6.
🤪

Seriously, I wish your piglet a speedy recovery. Thug!
I'll tell you what, just loading and unloading the SCX6 into the car yesterday was a workout, that bad boy is heavy. I think it could crush a toe. 🤣
O u gotta get a copy of that vid for us! Priceless! 😂
Not a chance, it was embarrassing enough seeing it once. :eek:🤣

Last edited:
Back