Very early stages of trailer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kimmie28

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
This is the very early stages of a custom trailer for my trx-4. Maybe open or may really challenge myself to enclose it not sure yet but leaning toward enclosed.
20220105_163305.jpg
20220105_163312.jpg

I may look into building a few for people if they are interested. I've decided to start my own company this year and leave the working for someone else behind. Price would be reasonable and negotiable. I'll see how this one turns out and handles but could be a limited run item if the interest is there. Pm me if interested
I was but wanted to build something a little more custom than what they offer. I think I really want to enclose it and have something completely different than just an open trailer @Xraycer

Gonna be watching this! I pulled a 10k Ibs trailer daily for years. I'm assuming your framing it in steel? I'm interested in seeing how you do your suspension

I've been working on the aluminum route with brazing until I get a welder.
I've sketched a few designs, did all my downsizing and even gathered aluminum channel and angle. I then got caught between too busy and lazy.

Price will be a consideration for the prototype however if this works like I think it will I would consider building them with materials of your choosing

Progress has come to a grinding halt as I ran out of rivets. 🤣 that should teach me to think I have everything at home first 🤣
View attachment 140225
Just saw this build adventure you have set out on. And it's a awesome idea/plan. To go enclosed with it is definitely a one off. And will stand out among the masses.. with the enclosure did you think about running lights? A single or a light bar down the center of the trailer lid or the walls? Or a wrench on the front wall? With a slight incline floor. So you can pull in and unload the cars. Like on some of the inclosed car trailers.. or for the rear door to open and close the door? Sorry you got a great plan ideas just run threw my head.. suspension could be fairly easy if you go with leafsprings.. unless you want it to be independent which would be sick.... going too be a awesome build bud for sure. Can't wait to see its progression... happy building đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

@Doom! I'm not sure yet. I'd thought about it but the angle comes out wrong with the deck on those tires. I'm looking at some different options that I have laying around. I'm really happy with the deck though it turned out better than I anticipated

Nice work man looks awesome very clean. Well done bud đź‘Ť

Back