Traxxas UDR painting

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HandyManUK

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi
I am going to order and paint a new shell for my UDR
I was also going to buy al the blue metal parts from GPM but in another forum asking for advice people said it would increase the weight
and put more strain on my wallet but also the motor and ESC so i am not gointg to do that

I am thinking of spraying the plastic on the underside of the car with the axels etc.....

The question i am asking is can i rub down, undercoat and top coat the plastic parts of the car

HandyManUK

They'll get scratched up if you intend to drive your UDR. Most paint won't adhere very well to nylon used for RC parts anyway...

GPM is very, very low quality aluminium. Hot Racing, original Traxxas (if available) and some smaller manufacturers make quality parts, but they don't come cheap...

Just a good paint job should make it look good IMO.

I disagree with GPM being very low quality (They use 6061 T6 aluminum) and I've got a fair amount of GPM parts on a lot of my kits.

I do agree that painting the nylon parts is not a good idea though as the paint will just get scratched/chipped off over time and will look horrible in the long run.

Back