Traxxas Rally Speed Run's

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grave

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Does anyone know how to Distance & Timed Speed runs without GPS or a Speed gun.

MY Buddy & I where out bashing Thanksgiving Morning & he was useing his NEW Traxxas Rally & after he let the motor cool down about 20 -25 min he poped in a new fresh 3 cell lipo & said let's Time my Rally with a stop watch I agreed to help him out... So we Measured out 100 Feet with a tape & marked the halfway point @ 50 ft with a cone on Flat smooth asfault.. We got in 6good speed run's before he lost control fliped it on it's roof slid accross the lawn & smashed the Rig into a concrete edge on his patio & broke his RT rear shock off the Rig...
Timed Run's where done @ a standstill & fullout Throttle & time stoped after crossing the cone @ 100ft mark...

Run's 1 -3 where between 4.50 sec's - 5.70 sec
Run's 4 -5 where slower 4.90 sec's - 5.82 sec's He was adjusting steering trim in middle of speed run he said..
Run 6 @ 50ft mark almost 3.0 sec's into run He lost control & that when crash happend @ inpact of I stoped timer @ 5.27 sec's

He want's to RETRY Timing Run's again when he get's his Rally Fixed is there any way to correctly Time a Rig useing the method we used.. Or if We are doing anything wrong WE have no Access to a speed gun & my friend said he thinks can use GPS but we both can't figure out how to set our GPS up for the test & we both have different GPS units.. I though about useing my Galaxay S III smart phone it has GPS on the phone. But again I have no clue to where to start..... I told my Friend I would ask on hear how to do it

No one know's how to Time / Speed run's by distance
Thanks for looking though....................................

Yeah sorry grave...someone told me once before but I dont remember what it is.

Run them over a measured distance and time them. Divide the time by the distance and you have the speed.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

You fastest averge time for 100ft was 15.15mph. If you had a constant rate of acceration your top speed should have been about 30.3mph

Last edited:
You fastest averge time for 100ft was 15.15mph. If you had a constant rate of acceration your top speed should have been about 30.3mph

Yea Jacks we tried speed runs again the day & I was figuring around 20 MPH with crunching the #'s My friend is not smooth with acceration his Rig wheelies too much @ the squeeze of the trigger I told him he need's to be smoother if we are ever going to get acurate data.. Plus I told him we need to mesure a bigger area...

Back