First hobby grade rc car?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always wanted to get into the hobby, but funds prevented me from it until that stimmy we got in '19. Ended up getting a 2WD Stampede as my first one and my "learner" RC. I got the orange and black body cuz of the Orioles and thought it would be cool :p . 4 years later I've gone through RCs to see what I liked, so now I have a Losi LMT, a 2WD slash that is my baby with both fox bodies that i swap out now and then, i have a 2WD grave digger stampede i put together from scratch. I'm about to dye the gearbox and shocks black since I couldn't find the shocks anymore and I don't wanna waste money on something I could just sit in dye. I'm about to build another grave digger stampede since i have both the OG black and the 30th anniversary that has the lights on it with the skull lights too, ill probably do a build thread on it since I've never done one on here haha. I have a Hoss 4x4 VXL that i havent done anything to besides the servo. I also have a TRX4 Sport since my buddy has a crawler and convinced me to get one so we could go crawling at parks and such.

My first hobby grade RC was an ECX ruckus 1/10 2wd in 2017 and a couple of years later in 2019 I got a Traxxas t-maxx 2.5 converted to 3.3 from my neighbor for free. It is a 2000s model. In 2020 I got the Traxxas stampede 4x4 unassembled kit for Christmas. In 2021 I got a Traxxas Revo 3.3 from my buddy. He also gave me an ECX Ruckus 1/10 2wd at the same time. The Revo is the only truck that I have sold. in 2022 I got a Team Associated SC10 4x4 original. Belt-driven and everything. I traded that with my buddy (the guy who gave me the Revo) for a TLR Mini-T brushed. Last Christmas I got a Traxxas Rustler 4x4 and an axial SCX 24.

My first was a DHK hunter 4w I absolutely loved it and miss it so much I’ve played with the idea of getting another if I come across one but parts are where the issue is unfortunately but god i loved that thing n man I miss it

as a kid i was always interested in "remote controlled cars" and had everything from the ones with the wire that ran between the car and remote and the radio shack ones that would go straight forward and turn in reverse i went through quite a few of them then in 1986 i received a nikko thunderbolt for christmas or a birthday and i ran it until it died, i just so happened to know a guy that was the manager at Kay Bee toys in the local mall and one night while shopping with my brother we were talking to the guy and i noticed that they had a Tamiya Blackfoot kit that included the radio battery and charger and while admiring it way up on the top shelf he said they had just got it in and did i want to buy it? i said id love too but id have to save up for it (i was 16) and that i just had the thunderbolt die on me. he said to bring the thunderbolt back in and he would let me get a refund towards the blackfoot, so with the broken thunderbolt and some money i had i got my first Hobby grade R/C i built it and would run it all the time, i have owned/own many r/cs through the years and even a fair amount of blackfoots, i still have two of them in my collection now

Mistakes were made. Lol. It was a Redcat Volcano Monster Truck 1/10 scale.