I Love Marketplace...most of the time.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD546

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I saw this little guy listed for $50 on Facebook Marketplace. Offered to buy it and set up a meetup time/place. While checking out his profile, as I always do when using that platform, I see that he has two other trucks for sale. Those were the ones I was asking about in another thread. I offered to trade him the Snap-On Traxxas 4tec for all three and he agreed. All three trucks needed work and I didn't mind, all cheap stuff. Except the motor in the Mini T, that wasn't cheap, but still...
After the third attempt with meeting up with him, he told me we were definitely a go for last friday. So I stopped by the local hobby shop and bought all the parts I needed to repair all three trucks. While paying for said parts, I missed a txt saying that the LaTrax was his kids and he didn't want to let it go. GREAT! I just spent the last of this weeks frivolous money at a place that has a no refund policy. But I still REALLY wanted that Mini T!
I countered the offer with; I fix the two trucks with the parts I just bought. And for payment for getting them running again, give me the Losi. He happily agrees.
After two more attempts to meetup (all his doing BTW). I finally get his trucks, get the soldering done and the a arms back the way they are meant to be, and meetup so I can show him what I did and how these things work. He tosses the Losi on my tailgate, mutters a thanks and walks away without a word. And during this whole ordeal, there must have been 1000 txts between us trying to hash this deal out. And when reading his txts, I realize early on that I'm not dealing with a very educated man. Like the drugs went too hard on him...
Finally! I'm Done With This Guy!!! (so I thought)
I woke up to a txt saying that reverse doesn't work...GRRRRRRR!!!

Anywho, here's the (almost) free Losi Mini T 2.0 I scored off of Facebook Marketplace

minit01.jpg

FlySky receiver
Spektrum 6000kv 2 in1
Other than that, mostly looks stock.
I have a Mini B myself
Try recalibrating the ESC and see if that does it. If not, go into the ESC settings and make sure the running mode is fwd/brk/rev and not fwd/brk.
Other than that, idk why it wouldn't have reverse.
Wait till you run that thing. That motor is very powerful. But lots of fun

FlySky receiver
Spektrum 6000kv 2 in1
Other than that, mostly looks stock.
I have a Mini B myself
Try recalibrating the ESC and see if that does it. If not, go into the ESC settings and make sure the running mode is fwd/brk/rev and not fwd/brk.
Other than that, idk why it wouldn't have reverse.
Wait till you run that thing. That motor is very powerful. But lots of fun
No, he txt me saying his truck that I just repaired doesn't have reverse...he didn't know how to drive an rc that he's had for years. But then again, that explains why all three needed simple repairs...I told him how to activate the reverse function then blocked him...
I've been buying and selling online for some time now and this guy was the worst seller I've EVER come across!
I'm the one that installed the receiver and motor. The stock ones were shot when I took possession.

Good thing you blocked him he would message you all the time about his cars.
Nice car though, probably worth it in the end.
If you never see him again 😬

I've done deals on market place about 30 times. I've never sent 1000 texts. max 4..My wife has also done deals the only issue she had was a seller was on vacation for a month .So no reply until they were back..only issue is when they say this city and the then is in a city 90 miles away..
Ebad different story(buyer has 1 year to use your item then can get 100% refund and keep your stuff ).
CL was also good not so sure anymore.

I’ve had one guy follow through with shipping. Everyone who agreed they would ship never would respond after committing to it. It’s almost a garage on marketplace for me.

These stories usually have "Facebook marketplace" in it. Why I avoid there. Sorry for the headache. Congrats on the mini.

I don't buy used and shipped unless I know the person, or unless I just don't care about the "actual" condition. If I don't know them, they're gonna have to send me a PayPal invoice to get their money, because I'm not paying any other way. Never been screwed over this way. Before this... yep.

I don't buy used and shipped unless I know the person, or unless I just don't care about the "actual" condition. If I don't know them, they're gonna have to send me a PayPal invoice to get their money, because I'm not paying any other way. Never been screwed over this way. Before this... yep.
Buying used I'm anticipating a ring and pinion and tranny set now and again in under a year. Esc and motor I put my own tried and true in. For nitro I'm assuming it's toast also.

Back