Traxxas Monster Jam Replicas

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
http://www.traxxas.com/products/models/electric/3602monsterjam

Traxxas is the Official Hobby-Class
Radio Control Truck of Monster Jam
Grave Digger® and Advance Auto Parts Grinder™ Editions
Coming Soon: Monster Mutt™ and Maximum Destruction™

3602_Grinder_3qtrFrontLow_med.jpg

3602A_3qtr_Front_Low_med.jpg

I wanted to do a Monster Mutt body for Chase a while back. I had some cool ideas, just never really got around to it.

Those things look really cheaply made

Black windows, thin Lexan, but it will get a lot of the younger crowd to go for Traxxas. Kind of like Joe Camel did some years back.

Man, I thought this thread was about traxxas making diecast monster trucks, like HPI and their diecast. I've always wanted a high quality diecast monster truck.

Yeah not digging it at all. Tires would have to go. I am sure they get no traction at all. Like Rolex said...marketing. Now I wonder how long it will be until we see these on Saturday morning cartoons commercials?

Sorry but what a joke, very poor replication of the real thing, they could have at least made them 4WD, and then to top it off it has 4 wheel independent suspension, should have had a solid axle IMO. Traxxas really cheapened these up.

However, I do like the beefed up bumper on Gravedigger.....just not the green.

It makes it look more like a cheap toy than a hobby grade RC I guess?

I thought they looked like a cheap toy not a hobby grade RC anyway, so what's the big deal about a cheesy green bumper?

Yeah, I agree, these things look like crap. At least HPI had the scale look pegged with the wheely king, with the ladder frame, four link, and solid axles. Traxxas as of late seems to be simply throwing things together quick for a buck.

I like them for what they are. Inexpensive first time RC's for kids. That's the target audience that Traxxas is shooting for.

I bet Traxxas has these for sale at every Monster Jam event and they will sell well at every one of them.

Anything that puts our hobby into the mainstream has to be good for the hobby.

Yeah they look cheap and cheesy, but the pede can take a lot of abuse.

I know for a fact that when the Monster Jam was in San Antonio, Traxxas had a booth set up there.

Traxxas is doing a great job at spreading the word about our wonderful hobby.

I would not be surprised if someday we see an electric 4Tec with licensed Nascar bodies at their races.

I like them for what they are. Inexpensive first time RC's for kids. That's the target audience that Traxxas is shooting for.

I bet Traxxas has these for sale at every Monster Jam event and they will sell well at every one of them.

Anything that puts our hobby into the mainstream has to be good for the hobby.

Yeah they look cheap and cheesy, but the pede can take a lot of abuse.

+1 here. Traxxas RC's seem to get a bad rap.... fact of the matter is personally if it had not been for the TMAXX I would not be in RC today.

Back