This one I most definitely have to share...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tunedfrog

Kermit the frog is a sissy.
Supporter
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
My sister cleans rentals for a rental company and she gets to keep anything that is left behind in the house. She brought this over to me. I AM SO EXCITED.

I'm assuming it's a Tmax 3.3. ?

IMG_1067.JPG
IMG_1068.JPG
IMG_1069.JPG
IMG_1071.JPG

Tmaxx. First model 3.3 or a 2.5. The long 3.3 are grey, shorter black.

Interesting about the grey bulks. With the custom factory body, different shocks, and grey bulks, maybe 3.3 diffs, someone put time and research in.

I think my sister is more thrilled than I am. She struggles in life and we have always helped her out and I believe she feels this is a great way to do something nice for us.
I am more than thrilled with this and now I have a something to wrench on for a few days.
Tmaxx. First model 3.3 or a 2.5. The long 3.3 are grey, shorter black.

Interesting about the grey bulks. With the custom factory body, different shocks, and grey bulks, maybe 3.3 diffs, someone put time and research in.
I agree, there actually is some nice upgrades going on.

The only things I found cleaning houses was dirty clothes, a cheap broke rc once, nasty floors, and burnt brillo pads.

Nice find. If you like the body, I would reinforce it around the gas tank cut out so it wont tear.

Nice score. Looks like a 3.3. At least on mine, which is a 2.5, the head is silver. But it is pretty old.

My sister cleans rentals for a rental company and she gets to keep anything that is left behind in the house. She brought this over to me. I AM SO EXCITED.

I'm assuming it's a Tmax 3.3. ?

View attachment 130128View attachment 130129View attachment 130130View attachment 130131
That looks like the maxx 2.5 with the black trans. The 3.3 has all grey plastics on it. But the new 2.5R comes with a blue cooling head. Check the motor casing under the cooling head it will be stamped on it trx ?
Either way that's a awesome score. And a very nice sister you have. That's not the stock tank so you know. Did you happen to get the starter wand also?
Start with seeing if you can turn the fly wheel. See if the motor turns over. Do you run nitro?
If you don't have wand just take off ez start. Throw a pull on it. Imo better anyway less to carry. And the grey bulk heads fit both 2.5 and 3.3. Check the axles and shafts. If they are a 4 point spline then it 2.5. If the axles and shafts are 6 spline then it's a 3.3. But most likely a 2.5. Awesome find those are very easy to wrench on. Got any ?? Hit me up I have the. Both for yrs

Last edited:
Good info and thank you. Yes it does have the ez start and I'm going to remove it and I'm going to purchase a pull start in it.
The engine is pretty gummed up so I'm going to take it all apart and clean it but there is good compression.
I do run nitro so this isn't new to me but great info so far.
I'm sure I'll have some questions for you guys. She was pretty dirty as you can tell in the pics so I'll strip it down completely.
I'll make this a build thread and add pics as I go..;)
Thanks again for the info guys..

IMG_1072.JPG
IMG_1073.JPG
IMG_1074.JPG

IMG_1075.JPG
IMG_1076.JPG
IMG_1077.JPG

Good info and thank you. Yes it does have the ez start and I'm going to remove it and I'm going to purchase a pull start in it.
The engine is pretty gummed up so I'm going to take it all apart and clean it but there is good compression.
I do run nitro so this isn't new to me but great info so far.
I'm sure I'll have some questions for you guys. She was pretty dirty as you can tell in the pics so I'll strip it down completely.
I'll make this a build thread and add pics as I go..;)
Thanks again for the info guys..

View attachment 130132View attachment 130133View attachment 130134
View attachment 130135View attachment 130136View attachment 130137
Oh my it looks like it was used and abused and hung to die. And yes that center shaft shows it a 2.5. For sure. Get some TOTALLY AWESOME. From the dollar store. That stuff will get all that old dirt and oil rite off for ya bud. And I should have know from the name Tunedpipe. Sorry I asked LOL good luck

Wow, that’s an awesome score! Looking forward to seeing your progress on that one. Thnx for sharing pics.👍🏻

Definitely gonna be a long project but looking forward to it.
Oh my it looks like it was used and abused and hung to die. And yes that center shaft shows it a 2.5. For sure. Get some TOTALLY AWESOME. From the dollar store. That stuff will get all that old dirt and oil rite off for ya bud. And I should have know from the name Tunedpipe. Sorry I asked LOL good luck
I'll pick some up, thanks stoner..

Last edited:
Definitely gonna be a long project but looking forward to it.

I'll pick some up, thanks stoner..
Or simple green. Or even some engine degreaser. Any of them will do the trick as well . Just let either of them sit on there for a minute.before you wash or wipe off.👍👍

That looks like the maxx 2.5 with the black trans. The 3.3 has all grey plastics on it. But the new 2.5R comes with a blue cooling head. Check the motor casing under the cooling head it will be stamped on it trx ?
Either way that's a awesome score. And a very nice sister you have. That's not the stock tank so you know. Did you happen to get the starter wand also?
Start with seeing if you can turn the fly wheel. See if the motor turns over. Do you run nitro?
If you don't have wand just take off ez start. Throw a pull on it. Imo better anyway less to carry. And the grey bulk heads fit both 2.5 and 3.3. Check the axles and shafts. If they are a 4 point spline then it 2.5. If the axles and shafts are 6 spline then it's a 3.3. But most likely a 2.5. Awesome find those are very easy to wrench on. Got any ?? Hit me up I have the. Both for yrs

Agree. The tank more then likely is the 75 or so ounce off the nitro rustler sport and slash.

For the record, the tmaxx has a couple clutches in the tranny. The motor spins the spur and that activates the first, the second is for the second gear.

I bought a used .15 roller and thougjt it was broke at first.

I did some more research and its definitely a 2.5. I don't have a problem with that, it was free...:p

Back