Aggressive hawk

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtbmatty

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
Hello all, I’ve been busy this summer and away from the forum. However I have to share what happened this am.

We recently got into rc planes and we went out this morning to enjoy the cool weather.

While flying our new Eflite umx turbo timber evolution in a field behind a local school the plane was attacked by a hawk.

I was flying from left to right and was banking left when an apparently territorial hawk took a chunk out of the wing on a plane that was on flight # 8.

I only saw the hawk when he made contact with the plane and then saw some type of debris fall. I wasn’t initially sure if he hit me, so I brought the plane in and found what looks like a bite out of the wing. I went and looked and found the piece of foam afterwards and may try and glue it back in.

I’m kind of annoyed cause it’s a new plane, but then again hawks are my favorite bird.
IMG_3664.jpeg

Last edited:
Note

Hello all, I’ve been busy this summer and away from the forum. However I have to share what happened this am.

We recently got into rc planes and we went out this morning to enjoy the cool weather.

While flying our new Eflite umx turbo timber evolution in a field behind a local school the plane was attacked by a hawk.

I was flying from left to right and was banking left when an apparently territorial hawk took a chunk out of the wing on a plane that was on flight # 8.

I only saw the hawk when he made contact with the plane and then saw some type of debris fall. I wasn’t initially sure if he hit me, so I brought the plane in and found what looks like a bite out of the wing. I went and looked and found the piece of foam afterwards and may try and glue it back in.

I’m kind of annoyed cause it’s a new plane, but then again hawks are my favorite bird.
View attachment 170411

Your new tribal name is now Hawk Bait! 🤣 🤣 🤣 I've had a few interested hawks, we try to respect their space, the shadows from the planes scare off their meals. Sometimes they come out of nowhere though.

Your new tribal name is now Hawk Bait! 🤣 🤣 🤣 I've had a few interested hawks, we try to respect their space, the shadows from the planes scare off their meals. Sometimes they come out of nowhere though.
He came out of nowhere alright, Totally blindsided me.
We’re short timers with planes, and until today only had a few little birds follow the planes around.
Funny, I’ve seen those little birds chase and pester hawks before, but the hawks never seem to be bothered. This dude was ready to throw down to protect his turf

We were out yesterday morning and my 10 year old son was flying when a hawk took interest. I let him know we had company and when the hawk got lower I told him to bring it in. This kid loops around and brought it in for a perfect landing with the hawk following in a position like he was ready to refuel.
It was pretty awesome.

View attachment 170411
I actually think that that's pretty cool! It's gravity and the ground that annoys me when I fly 🙄

Back