This Noobs Trying To Build A Rc, Watch Out! Or Help.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any recomendations on servos and other parts or a specific part online store thats better than others?

Damn near every thing is owned by Horizon hobbies anymore including most of the major online sites. Horizon Hobbies, Tower Hobbies, Amain.com are all large well know websites. For servos look at Savox you can order straight from their website.

Damn near every thing is owned by Horizon hobbies anymore including most of the major online sites. Horizon Hobbies, Tower Hobbies, Amain.com are all large well know websites. For servos look at Savox you can order straight from their website.
Thank you

Yeah i like it. I'm sure the neighbors do to. Ill have to have a competition with there gardners when they show up at 7am on whos rebs up better
Did you get just the engine or did you get the whole kit like THIS. That kind of engine is not something youd typically put in an RC and especially not a crawler. Crawlers dont do so well with nitro/gas engines. They are generally electric.

As for the engine/kit did it not come with instructions on how to put it together? As for what else you need its kinda hard to say without knowing what you currently have or what your ultimate goal to build is. If its a crawler you're after then you're going to want to go electric which means aside from the kit (The SCX10 III is popular) You'll need an electric motor and electronic speed controller (ESC), high torque servo, LiPo battery, LiPo battery charger, and a transmitter and receiver. Once we zero in on what you really want then we can talk specific brands/models of components to buy.
So decided for now for the scx10 chassis we will go ahead with electric for sure and get another setup for the gas. I need help as far as the parts go though like the servos, reciever, transmitter, type of servo arms, etc.. would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
I'm sure youll love the SCX10. Its a well known and loved rig. For Servos Id recommend Savox servos. Radio is a bit harder without knowing how many channels you're going to need in the long run. I'm sure some folks more in to crawlers will have recommendations for radios.

So been wanting to build a rc with my dad whos 71, we have always wanted to build something together and i finally after 10 years was able to go a couple states over to his place and then covid hit and well i stuck around to help so what better to do than to build a rc. well i went and got a toyan fs l200 engine then realized i was in over my head. like way over my head. i can't even reach it from here its that high up there. we dont want a rtr but we dont know exactly what all we need to get or where to get it. all we know is we want to build a 1/10 scale rock crawler for when we arent driving around in the can-am maverick xrc turbo rr. plus be kinda cool to race around the campfire with it when we get good enough to do it safely. a kit would be wonderful minus the engine. The things i really need to know is all the components i will need like the servos and there type, transmission, connections for the motor and radio equipment and wiring etc. any help would be awesome and a list would have us jumping for joy, well i will, my dad will try.
Hello, am excited for you. One way to get help is through ACADEMY OF MODEL AERONAUTICS. SIG MANUFACTURING has been in R/C flying for a looooooong time https://sigmfg.com/ . What ever you do, be sire to fol.ow FAA T.R.U.S.T. mandates https://www.faa.gov/uas/recreational_fliers/knowledge_test_updates/. Most of all have fun :)

Back