This Noobs Trying To Build A Rc, Watch Out! Or Help.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I am scared to look at the price of that Conley. The last one I looked at was their scaled down Viper V10 that if I remember correctly was $15,000. Maybe it was $9,000. But anything over $1000 is way out of my budget lol.
View attachment 131337
That’s crazy! And yeah I couldn’t even stretch to £1000 atm so I’m out of the game haha 😂

That’s crazy! And yeah I couldn’t even stretch to £1000 atm so I’m out of the game haha 😂
Conley has been around forever. The first one that got popular was like 12 years ago I am guessing. It was a small V8 they put in a 30's Ford Coupe RC. It sounded so wicked.

Conley has been around forever. The first one that got popular was like 12 years ago I am guessing. It was a small V8 they put in a 30's Ford Coupe RC. It sounded so wicked.
I bet mate, there is some really trick stuff out there! I think I want to get something like that one day, like a replica of a real vehicle with matching engine etc, that would be so epic to roll out and drive about every now and then!

I bet mate, there is some really trick stuff out there! I think I want to get something like that one day, like a replica of a real vehicle with matching engine etc, that would be so epic to roll out and drive about every now and then!
Yeah, it is the sound of the small v8's that gets me. They just sound like the real thing, as if you shrunk it down. The Toyans sound really good too, and are far cheaper.

Yaknow, be kinda unique to mount this on a bbq grill as the ignition and rotisserie driver. For over the top way to put it to use, but you would have the coolest bbq setup in town

Yaknow, be kinda unique to mount this on a bbq grill as the ignition and rotisserie driver. For over the top way to put it to use, but you would have the coolest bbq setup in town
You sure would lol

We just picked up the 32cc Inline Four Cylinder Water Cooled Gasoline Engine, got the thing setup, got the batteries put in for the plugs and fan, annnnd, wont start.... ill go take a photo of the worst setup made by man. But its just tempary to get it working first, if we can. Kinda still new
😥

Attachments

• 20210914_165239.jpg
    20210914_165239.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 44
  • 20210914_165255.jpg
    20210914_165255.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
We just picked up the 32cc Inline Four Cylinder Water Cooled Gasoline Engine, got the thing setup, got the batteries put in for the plugs and fan, annnnd, wont start.... ill go take a photo of the worst setup made by man. But its just tempary to get it working first, if we can. Kinda still new
😥
That sucks. Keep us updated.

Yeah we are stumped atm but hopefully we figure it out. Probably take the rest of the day off

Well i went to check the alternator and make sure it was where it should be and felt the wire to the hall sensor and the wires pulled right off of it so i replaced it just havent tested since. But also i noticed when turning the engine over the lubrication lines are not pulling any oil through them and I'm unsure what to do atm. I may need to open up the pump areas and checkm but I've never messed with that are before so itll be enterestin

Well i went to check the alternator and make sure it was where it should be and felt the wire to the hall sensor and the wires pulled right off of it so i replaced it just havent tested since. But also i noticed when turning the engine over the lubrication lines are not pulling any oil through them and I'm unsure what to do atm. I may need to open up the pump areas and checkm but I've never messed with that are before so itll be enterestin
Well the wire problem would certainly stop it from running!
And definitely check the pump as you want to make sure the oil is being circulated, maybe prime the lines before trying to start as it may just take a while to pull through or it may need the engine running at tick over to work properly?

I wish i knew the timing or where the piston needs to be in accordance to the distributer. Hoping its not a timing issue. I'm gonna try firing it up tomorrow. I drained the oil today and will refill tomorrow just to make sure i put the correct amount in. If its none of that than i would guess it to be the cdi is bad.

I wish i knew the timing or where the piston needs to be in accordance to the distributer. Hoping its not a timing issue. I'm gonna try firing it up tomorrow. I drained the oil today and will refill tomorrow just to make sure i put the correct amount in. If its none of that than i would guess it to be the cdi is bad.
As a shot in the dark, and without knowing the exact spec of what you have, it’s normally around TDC when the spark should occur so try checking if the piston is at TDC when the rotor arm is at the spark gap for distributor type.
Or if it’s cdi like you say there will be a sensor on the flywheel that reads a little metal spot/magnet once per rotation and that’s your spark timing bud. But try and get a manual to check this before you alter anything and mark up where everything is now so you can always put it back to where it was

Yeah just made sure the tdc in piston 1 was in line. I believe its the cdi with a good amount of confidence. Got 3 18650 powering it and when i turn the engine the spark isnt occuring on the spark plug at all as it passes the bridge in the distributer.
The engine is the 32cc inline 4 cylinder 2 stroke from sterling engine.
Was nd yeah i had to replace the hall sensor because the leads broke off at the sensor so it was only held in by the plate that holds it under the distributor

You may or may not find this interesting

That’s cool mate ahha
Yeah just made sure the tdc in piston 1 was in line. I believe its the cdi with a good amount of confidence. Got 3 18650 powering it and when i turn the engine the spark isnt occuring on the spark plug at all as it passes the bridge in the distributer.
The engine is the 32cc inline 4 cylinder 2 stroke from sterling engine.
Was nd yeah i had to replace the hall sensor because the leads broke off at the sensor so it was only held in by the plate that holds it under the distributor
So could be the sensor that’s at fault mate, any chance you can get a replacement?

It came with 2 extra hall sensors. I already replaced the one that was on there. I just tried firing it up to test it again and nothing. This time i rotated the distributor cap to see if maybe it was the timing of where the cap was alighned with but it didnt even putter at any point so its gotta be a bad cdi
I've got the fs-L200 toyan engine as well which was my first idea to build a rc with. This 2 stroke engine 8m working with now is much bigger though

Attachments

• 20210913_164958.jpg
    20210913_164958.jpg
    430.4 KB · Views: 32
It came with 2 extra hall sensors. I already replaced the one that was on there. I just tried firing it up to test it again and nothing. This time i rotated the distributor cap to see if maybe it was the timing of where the cap was alighned with but it didnt even putter at any point so its gotta be a bad cdi
I've got the fs-L200 toyan engine as well which was my first idea to build a rc with. This 2 stroke engine 8m working with now is much bigger though
Oh man gutted for you, Id suggest getting hold of a manual if possible and resetting everything back to own settings with a new sensor, then ignore it’s still dead looks like you need a new cdi. Unless it’s all new bought then I’d say contact the manufacturer and getting one swapped over from them?

Back