The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap I don't believe it, I ordered my paint the 7th.

DATETIMELOCATIONSTATUS
Apr 187:10 AMWeiser, ID, United StatesOut for delivery, expected delivery by 9:00pm

You may appreciate this 😁

USPS delivered most of my stuff today

F813F8E6-B80F-4DB4-8991-C28D342CB1D9.jpeg

At 12:19 three of 4 packages were delivered at the front porch…

AE21F1B5-67E6-447E-A51A-2D79B6B1EEB2.jpeg

At 12:26 the 4th package couldn’t make it down the driveway 🤣

We have a amazon warehouse a hour from us so a lot of times I get stuff next day.
I assume my late package is because paint is shipped ground. I have another can that's delayed but
I don't need it now so no biggy.

That's usually a lazy ass driver. They have done that to me. And I live in an apartment 🤔

I will say most of my regular delivery drivers are pretty cool, if it was my regular usps lady, she was probably talking to our birds and didn’t realize she missed the 4th til the next house 🤣 she loves the ducks 😂. UPS guy, we still laugh about the night it was storming and he missed my driveway , had to unload the tractor and trailer from the truck and go pull him out. He also always drops my stuff in the back patio. Fed ex, well at least that guy consistently drops our stuff at my neighbors house 🤣

Yet more a-arms for my Kraton. They should sell them in 10 packs.

Yesterday, a new Skyfly NB4+ radio to replace my NB4 radio that works just fine. Why? Because I can't get receivers for it any more. On eBay there are sites that advertise receivers for the NB4 but when they arrive there 3.0s. I've been burned enough times now that I have new receivers for all my relevant trucks. The rest of my trucks can run off of the old radio.

Yet more a-arms for my Kraton. They should sell them in 10 packs.

Yesterday, a new Skyfly NB4+ radio to replace my NB4 radio that works just fine. Why? Because I can't get receivers for it any more. On eBay there are sites that advertise receivers for the NB4 but when they arrive there 3.0s. I've been burned enough times now that I have new receivers for all my relevant trucks. The rest of my trucks can run off of the old radio.

I really do not understand this. The receivers for the Flysky Noble NB4+ are the same as for the Noble NB4 and NB4 Pro. You can buy the receivers directly from Flysky or Amazon and many online hobby shops.

The NB4 radio is discontinued, NB4+ and Pro use the new 3.0 receivers. 3.0 receivers are not compatible with older model Skyfly radios. I read the fine print. The receivers the NB4 uses are also discontinued.

The NB4 radio is discontinued, NB4+ and Pro use the new 3.0 receivers. 3.0 receivers are not compatible with older model Skyfly radios. I read the fine print. The receivers the NB4 uses are also discontinued.

Yes NB4 is discontinued. All of the Noble NB4 versions use the same protocol: AFHDS 3. This includes the NB4 Lite, NB4, NB4 Pro and now NB4+

This means that any of the receivers in the AFHDS3 column on the Flysky receivers list are compatible: https://www.flysky-cn.com/receivers
Of course you probably don't want a "boat" receiver for a surface vehicle or a air rx either. There are many of them for surface though.

Please explain what this "new 3.0 receivers" are. There's nothing on the Flysky website or news about some "new 3.0" for receivers.

Amazon FG4RS V2 Receivers There a lot of the receivers that work for the NB4 right on Amazon that are available.

There a lot of the receivers that work for the NB4 right on Amazon that are available.
Yep, that's what I thought too. Now I own two 4 packs of FGr4S receivers and not one of them will bind with my radio. I contacted Skyfly and they said I need to download an upgrade for my radio or a downgrade for the new receivers to make them compatible with a NB4. Both can be found on there site.

Yep, that's what I thought too. Now I own two 4 packs of FGr4S receivers and not one of them will bind with my radio. I contacted Skyfly and they said I need to download an upgrade for my radio or a downgrade for the new receivers to make them compatible with a NB4. Both can be found on there site.
Sounds like you just need to do a firmware upgrade on the transmitter. This is a normal process that needs to be done on most radio systems, especially newer and advanced radio systems. The 4 pack of receivers you already have should work with NB4+ too. You can test the upgrade process on the NB4 if you're afraid of doing it on the NB4+ to get familiar with the process. Just an idea.

Why do you keep calling the company Skyfly? Or is that autocorrect typo? Just curious not being an @$$.

Flysky. Mixing up words is a senior thing.

Thank you for the video, the same process works in reverse too. I just down dated a receiver and it works.

Again, thank you very much.

Last edited:
Got this sweet under tray and a set of fast eddies bearings for the RC10 40th that I pre ordered last week. I want to do everything possible to keep it shelf queen nice but actually use it some. I’ve wanted one for 40 years! There’s no way I’m not gonna run it from time to time.

I plant to get a set of modern tires and wheels, a second body and wing and some sort of tower/shock protector if I can't find one I’ll try and print one at work.

RC10 under tray

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1506767122...FTLB0ZRRQu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Bought some 1.9 injorna krscken mud tires. I also bought 2.2 xd rockstars because I decided to go 2 2. 🫣🤣