The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Hammer Down felt so strange, just going for black, new lid ordered..hope to be ready in classic TpParts Style this weekend šŸ¤—
Screenshot_20231011_043448_Samsung Internet.jpg

Just ordered my shocks from Jennys, that will be here Saturday.
AMain, with my wheels and tires should be here Wednesdays. I payed an extra 25 cents for a day before, as standard would have been next Thursday/Friday. 12 bucks for shipping. Pretty expensive. Did Wednesday and extra 25 cents because I'm planning on going racing that Thursday after.
I also got 2 Hoovo lipo bags off of Amazon, that will be here Monday. Might pick up a ammo can from harbor freight and see what is better for me. (Prob will pick up the green 0.50 one for 17 bucks if I do)

Didn't buy it today but I did install it today. My Arrma 6s Backflip wheels, M2C 10mm offset hexes, new spring set, and M2C carbon shock towers arrived today.

20231014_195655.jpg

The verdict.
The shock towers are still in one piece, the wheels are much better balanced than the stock ones, and I think the 10mm offset hexes are right for the wheels. The truck was massively over sprung and bounced all over the place. The stock springs are going back on the truck.

20231015_101852.jpg

What did I buy today? I seem to be buying a lot of stuff as of lately.
An M2C chassis plate for the truck above, and we all know why. Also ordered a M2C suspension block set and a set of their bulbous wheel nuts.

The chassis bent directly behind the motor mount and only on the motor mount side. So it's twisted as well as bent.

Ordered some Stampede 4x4 tires/wheels and Hoss and Rustler bumpers from Jenny's RC.

Going to turn my Slash 4x4 into a monster truck... should have the same ground clearance as my Hoss with a longer wheel-base... still looking at bodies, but may go with a Bronco.

Must be something big with 7 little friends.
Not sure yet. I don't go to HS often as I don't have a local. Closest is 1.5 hours away. I do 99% of my hobby shopping online, but while we are in the big city, we'll pop in for a look. It would be a waste not to buy something, right? RIGHT?

$105 I didn't want to spend. Snapped my derailleur on my ride this morning.
This is however a upgrade. I thinking I cracked it after I lost it out on the highway a month ago.

derailleur.jpg