The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 set of Arrma 6s front driveshafts.
1 set of front a-arms lower.
1 set of front a-arms upper.
1 set of gears for a Yeah racing 33k servo.
1 set of Arrma shock boots 6s
1 3DRC Notorious/Outcast front bumper spring.
1 complete set of Hotracing shock caps (for my sledge)
1 Notorious body, blue
1 Arrma 6s gearbox.

You did ask.

More TLR parts.

This time, x74mm CVAs for the 22x-4. I need a diff rebuild kit (seals, O-rings, etc) too, I'm sure. And CVAs from the center diff to the front and rear diffs. And. And. And.

It never stops 🙃

This is the last stop on this ride.
My friend, you are being lied to, by yourself 😂

Picked up a 2005ish Cadillac Escalade 200mm from HPI. Gonna transform it into an 07 Chevy Tahoe. Then it's getting highway patrol colors and lights.

My cross country skiing boots and paid my phone bill. Picture a big smile first quickly stripped by a frown.

71xQTMT4UKL._AC_SL1229_.jpg

I'm forever stubbing my toes so this was a no brainer. :p
These are for the old style 3 pin bindings but for just getting started they will work.
If I like it then I will upgrade to nicer equipment.

Gonna be ordering a set of traxxas ultra shocks. Just to get the cars both running at the same time, and for cheap. I'll be ordering from Jenny's RC to keep it cheap and fast. Just wanna get both the bashers running. And go out and bash before it gets cold.

Or I might get the set of GTRs. GTRs from Jenny's is 75 bucks with oil and springs, while directly from Traxxas would be about the same price, but more expensive because they sell them in pairs, and springs separately.

Idk why, but the line of Big Bore shocks they use on all of the 2wd and 4wd base models, and on Jenny's they can be sold either in a set, or in pairs, and are different prices for each car. I'll just get the rustler spec ones just to be safe.

I wished they carry slash 2wd stuff. But most stuff from the bandit rustler and bigfoot fit the slash / stampede 2wd so I can see why.

Might get some talon 2.8 4x4 rustler tires, and some Traxxas spec slash tires. Just to make them look stock and so I can go offroad again. As I'm using the anacondas currency and more for street bashing.

Screenshot_20231002-205853.png

Screenshot_20231002-205903.png

Screenshot_20231002-210512.png

Gonna be ordering a set of traxxas ultra shocks. Just to get the cars both running at the same time, and for cheap. I'll be ordering from Jenny's RC to keep it cheap and fast. Just wanna get both the bashers running. And go out and bash before it gets cold.

Or I might get the set of GTRs. GTRs from Jenny's is 75 bucks with oil and springs, while directly from Traxxas would be about the same price, but more expensive because they sell them in pairs, and springs separately.

Idk why, but the line of Big Bore shocks they use on all of the 2wd and 4wd base models, and on Jenny's they can be sold either in a set, or in pairs, and are different prices for each car. I'll just get the rustler spec ones just to be safe.

I wished they carry slash 2wd stuff. But most stuff from the bandit rustler and bigfoot fit the slash / stampede 2wd so I can see why.

Might get some talon 2.8 4x4 rustler tires, and some Traxxas spec slash tires. Just to make them look stock and so I can go offroad again. As I'm using the anacondas currency and more for street bashing.

View attachment 172547

View attachment 172548

View attachment 172549
The GTR shocks are great, except for the 1/16 stock ones.

Some Sledge stuff. My front shock preloads are maxed out so I'm upping the spring rate, 1.72 front, 1.56 rear. Also ordered a set of M2C 10mm offset hexes and a set of 6s Backflip wheels. For the Outorious a new wheelie bar.

So what's up with Arrma. All the Arrma stuff I had to order from Ebay, I couldn't find it anywhere else.

Screenshot_20231008-111441.png

Also getting a set of ultra shocks from Jenny's.

Not buying it but, ouch.
My uncle has 3 of these motors sitting on the shelf, but in the 4.5T version.
PXL_20231007_203647489.jpg

I plow our snow witih my ATV and blade so I enjoy it.
I'm retired so anytime I have something to do, I look forward to it. Besides, I do other houses and it's a nice crisp $20 in my pocket.
My health isn't what it used to be but I get out as much as I can.

I was looking down at my Sledge yesterday and noticed my front shock tower was sitting kind of cockeyed, Ops. You can add a set of M2C carbon shock towers to the list. My goal is to beef up the truck a bit but not to make a complete pig out of it. I already own a Kraton that fits that description.