The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a new sign for the bathroom. I couldn't help myself. The cats helped me pick it out. 😹
PSX_20230730_184515.jpg

I'm sure one or two of you guys are wondering why I stay with a cub airplanes.
The only place I can fly around here is the soccer park a block from us and out at the sand dunes.
It's a really rough parking lot to take off from out there so I have to stick with tail draggers that land easier with bigger tires.
Tougher than nails to take off so I have to hand launch.
My favorite plane has always been the cubs, and they land so nicely.
They STOL really nice. "Short take off and landing".

I understand completely, same principal as my UMX Turbo Timber. Super stable and able to land and takeoff in tight spaces. While my timber isn't a cub, I've always loved them.

I found my large RC covering iron but for the life of me, I can't find my small one so I ordered a cheapy to use until I clean my shop and find the small one.
61MR0xnbrDL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I found my large RC covering iron but for the life of me, I can't find my small one so I ordered a cheapy to use until I clean my shop and find the small one.
View attachment 169745

Nice, killed two birds with one stone,now you can also iron your Barbie clothes.

Watcha gettin?
View attachment 169745
So no such thing as a stupid question. But I'll try. Is that tool to apply coverings? Decals?. Thanks from Mike.

Watcha gettin?

So no such thing as a stupid question. But I'll try. Is that tool to apply coverings? Decals?. Thanks from Mike.
The airplane covering has a heat activated adhesive on the back of it so you use irons designed for them to cover the planes.
I have a large iron already and have a small one but couldn't find it so I had to order this one.

got another snap on goodie looks like it can hold any 1/4" bit and the reversible phillips/slotted tip is nice :):thumbs-up: Been busy lately but I have a new build coming up, the first batch of parts should come in next week or so, I plan on making a build thread for it :cool:

IMG_3185.jpg

What build? Or is it a secret? Can't wait to see it. All your other builds have been so 😎 . Love the UDR, and race car.:hyperbuggy: You do a great job on your projects.:rolex:

What build? Or is it a secret? Can't wait to see it. All your other builds have been so 😎 . Love the UDR, and race car.:hyperbuggy: You do a great job on your projects.:rolex:

I think i'll leave it a secret for now, thanks for the compliments! :cheers:

Hobby shop run today. At the Track in Gaithersburg. Ran down there since I needed all of this and i was down there visiting family.

Mini B wings
Buggy wings
Xray wheels for the uncle's car
Buggy front arms. Will see how the .2 arms compare to the kit .1 arms. See if they make a difference.
Also got a 2021 roar nationals shirt. Might be a rare shirt. Pretty cool. Wanna get more RC shirts since I don't know what to wear anymore.

PXL_20230815_003811918.MP.jpg

PXL_20230815_003726181.MP.jpg

PXL_20230815_003737988.MP.jpg

We picked up a new bed. We were happy with our Lucid queen size, but needed a king size. So we bought a Lucid 10" king in plush, and a Zinus platform bed frame for memory foam mattresses. The frame is really well engineered. I also picked up AirPod Pro 2s, a protective case, and I have since added some earplug style tips. Some of the best money I've ever spent on both.

wMnW10K.jpg

t4yFSEm.jpg

x0aEUy8.jpg

Well now let's see...

Set of drill bits
Two rolls of Ultracote covering "orange and black"
Two can's of polycarbonate paint, "orange and black"
Four micro servo's
Balsa wood
Two balsa leading edge
Two part epoxy
Support tubing for split wing mounting
Free bag of popcorn from Ace Hardware... :)

This is a long list. 1/4 of it is what I need. The other 3/4 of it is what I want but don't have no moneys for it. Like everyone else. Because everything is so expensive. :(

RC NEEDS 8/20 (and wants)

• 1UP Racing 5mm LowPro bullets with plug grips
  • Maclan racing heavy duty 5mm low pro bullets
  • ProTek RC servo double sided tape
  • Traxxas slash battery expansion kit
  • traxxas rustler battery expansion kit
  • AE B74.2 CF Gullwing Front shock tower
  • JConcepts F2 body clear B74.1
  • B74.1 front arms factory team carbon
  • JConcepts velcro x2
  • Raw Speed nitehawk clear body Mini B
  • 4mm to jst ProTek charge lead
  • Traxxas Rustler 4x4 Heavy duty drive shaft x2
  • Losi Mini B waterfall assembly
  • 30mm Aluminum Motor cooling fan (for B74)
  • B74.1 sway bars 1.8-2.0mm
  • B74.1 sway bars 1.0 - 1.3mm
  • Hobbywing ESC Mounting Plate universal
  • Hobbypark Blue 12mm aluminum hexes x2 (slash and rustler / for extra)
  • Bag of (pairs of 10): XT90, XT60, Deans, XT30
  • 4mm to XT30 lead
  • 4mm to XT90 charge lead
  • 3s LiPo for slash/rusty (pair of 2)
  • Pit Hauler Bag for the track (ProTek/ProLine, or whatever is available)
  • Pit Light (much more racing)
  • Shock Pliers with pivot ball removal
  • Shock / Diff oil Bag
  • Tire Bag
  • Jconcepts 1/10 offroad lexan car stand
  • Hard case for charger and/or radio

My six year old OluKai shoes finally died, so I picked up a new pair over the weekend. I LOVE these shoes.

While we were out of town shopping, we also grabbed some cutting board oil, and I have given ours some much needed love the past couple of days.

v8lU968.png

lO5UNEU.jpg