The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got it off Amazon by searching for the duck shop or ducks in the window. It's a great little duckie. I put servo tape on the bottom to hold him in place on my dash

20230202_063831.jpg

Very nice. I've noticed the price dropping on the Dr10 very rapidly
For $99 I just couldnt help myself. I have electronics. although I think the fastest motor I have at this point is a 5.5T. Little higher than Id like but I sold my 4.5T Tekin eliminator to WickedFog cuz I didnt think Id end up with two drag cars lol. My Drag Race Concepts Maxim is getting my 2.5T Trinity Holeshot motor. The DR10 will probably just get a nice body and end up a shelf queen. if thats the case I may slap the Exotech Vader chassis on it at some point. we'll see.

I love my MIPs, especially being made in the good ole US of A......but wanted to try some others too. Saw a couple people highly recommend Wega, so thought I'd try some. Can never have too many tools! šŸ˜
Screenshot_20230203_082312_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I love Wera stuff. I used to have some of their tools, but was kinda forced to sell all my machinist tools when I became disabled.

Bought spray paint shelter and a table to put it on. This is probably the start of another money pit.

Picked up an old school Lunchbox from a friend at work.
Says itā€™s never been run & it looks like it.
Iā€™m gonna clean it up some & find a spot in the collection to fit it
37FAD105-B95E-4605-A748-633C215CCB55.jpeg
9402BC1B-7F89-4ABF-ACC8-C2A03196619A.jpeg

Nice! That's the second time now that I have seen a throttle servo, I didn't even know that was a thing until this week.
Yeah, the old mechanical speed controls were a pain in the buttocks.

I got an nVidia RTX 3060 and a bigger power supply to feed the beast, I should have everything here by Monday to start the upgrade.

Especially when they got stuck & you had to chase the rig down šŸ˜‚
I fortunately never had that happen. It was either that square brick thingy on the ESC burned out and turned to dust that went everywhere, or the coil of the potentiometer lost contact and/or shorted and fried. My dad was an electronics guru, so I was lucky he would tell me how to fix it. But it was frustrating at times trying to keep them running.