The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No doubt. I'll have to start building some more rigs then...;)

Right now, I am using a thru-hull transducer on my kayak for my fish finder and I don't believe it's accurate so I bought a transducer arm mount.
I've used these before and I like them.

transducer mount.jpg

Last edited:
This one is 36" wide and my kayak now is 30", and I have actually never rolled it. The wife, however, was reaching for some raspberries she found on the bank of the reservoir and she rolled hers.

We took a canoe down Sugar Creek here, and it is fairly calm except for a few spots where it gets shallow and the water picks up a little speed. We dumped it 3 times. It was fun though. Other than that, I stuck to John boats.

Good news is good, better news is great. I paid online and it said pick up at store today so I looked again and it said delivery in 6 to 10 days, so I called them and they checked and told me to come pick it up. Last week the wife and I went over and looked around for a kayak and the only peddle kayak they had was the 12 ft. kayak and was $400 more, so I thought I would just order the 10ft and drive back over to get it.
Well, we got home and I put it in the shed and guess what? My shed is 12ft long...:eek: They gave me the 12 ft kayak by mistake. I called them back and explained it to them and told them I had no problem taking it back and they told me, nope, enjoy. So I have me an awesome 12ft kayak which is far more stable than the 10 ft. Plus a few more accessories.

I would tip that thing before I cast my first line. Fat guys need wide boats šŸ˜‰
Get 2, then use 2x12's to make a 6 foot wide platform between them and install a laz-y-boy recliner... then a flat screen.

You know what, just stay home and watch fishing on youtube from your recliner. Way fewer bugs and less water to deal with!

Very cool, congrats. For the record, not one person in here is going to feel sorry for your issues...:p
I do. I feel so sorry for him I am willing to take that burden off his hands to ease his suffering šŸ˜‰

I would tip that thing before I cast my first line. Fat guys need wide boats šŸ˜‰
Then below is what you need!
Hobie is the Mercedes of kayaks. This thing comes with the best pedal drive system (Mirage) in the industry. The outriggers folds in, and you can get trampoline type platforms, like that of a catamaran.
There's a YT vid of an Aussie, taking this thing way out to open sea, and fishing for tuna.
l_1100.jpg

I picked up a used 2WD buggy.

Could not resist the price. When the 6.3 came out I was going to buy a kit but could not find one. So I went 4x4 techno. Great truck.
But the buggy seems so cool and light. This is RTR just needs a receiver and battery. Best of all it comes with clay tires. Anyone tried to purchase dirt pin tires laity? Out of stock in the places I looked.

Attachments

• 92AA2179-E68F-4667-864C-0210EA1FD62F.jpeg
    92AA2179-E68F-4667-864C-0210EA1FD62F.jpeg
    243.9 KB · Views: 24
Then below is what you need!
Hobie is the Mercedes of kayaks. This thing comes with the best pedal drive system (Mirage) in the industry. The outriggers folds in, and you can get trampoline type platforms, like that of a catamaran.
There's a YT vid of an Aussie, taking this thing way out to open sea, and fishing for tuna.View attachment 141382
Hobie is definitely top of the line but far too rich for my blood.