The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my c hubs and drive shafts for the smts lol
20200801_124219.jpg
20200801_124107.jpg
20200801_124138.jpg

I purchased a Losi 8 yesterday. I was visiting family and thought I would browse Craigslist in that city while I was there. I came across this buggy right after he posted it. I picked it up for $50. I thought it was a typo, but the guy the guy confirmed the price. He got it from someone else and he had no idea what it was. He googled the name on the shell and thought that was the brand. Therefore, he posted it as being a Fighter Buggy by Bitty Designs, which is the company who made the body. When he Googled that brand, it came up with the prices for the body, so he thought he was looking at what the entire car costs. I kinda feel bad for taking advantage of the guy but... It also came with spare parts, a battery, Mamba ESC, and everything needed to run. Yes, I got it back home and it runs perfect! It even came with a large Pelican case to put it all in.

Shell.jpg
Chassis.jpg
Radio.jpg

I purchased a Losi 8 yesterday. I was visiting family and thought I would browse Craigslist in that city while I was there. I came across this buggy right after he posted it. I picked it up for $50. I thought it was a typo, but the guy the guy confirmed the price. He got it from someone else and he had no idea what it was. He googled the name on the shell and thought that was the brand. Therefore, he posted it as being a Fighter Buggy by Bitty Designs, which is the company who made the body. When he Googled that brand, it came up with the prices for the body, so he thought he was looking at what the entire car costs. I kinda feel bad for taking advantage of the guy but... It also came with spare parts, a battery, Mamba ESC, and everything needed to run. Yes, I got it back home and it runs perfect! It even came with a large Pelican case to put it all in.

View attachment 122961View attachment 122962View attachment 122963
That was a steal...

Not real familiar but I was going to order the Lose 8ight nitro version before I bought my Kyohsho Mad Crusher but they were out of stock. I will someday though..

Hell of a steal. I'm always searching for deals like that. It's how I found my txt and bullhead. Just got the tranny for my earthquake in. Its finally under it's own power for the first time in a year
20200803_144405.jpg

Hell of a steal. I'm always searching for deals like that. It's how I found my txt and bullhead. Just got the tranny for my earthquake in. Its finally under it's own power for the first time in a yearView attachment 122966

they had a TXT our there. The guy was selling it for $1000 OBO. It's in Palm Springs, CA. on Craigslist.

Ya no. I paid 450 shipped rtr it included a brushless system and new tamiya brushed motors and hobbywing dual brushed esc. Waaaaay better deal on ebay for the txt. Lol

Ya no. I paid 450 shipped rtr it included a brushless system and new tamiya brushed motors and hobbywing dual brushed esc. Waaaaay better deal on ebay for the txt. Lol

I wasn't saying it was a good deal. Just that there was one for sale there. You don't see too many around.

Picked up a new head unit to replace one that died in Big Red. There went the rest of this year's RC budget.