The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Use a desktop instead of a laptop. Many laptops use the power saving cpu's.

Made a $70 order at mcmaster.com to stock back up on nuts/bolts/washers and threw in a piece of 1/8" delrin to maybe make a better roll bar for my stampede... and other stuff if I can form it a bit.
I started with laptops and realized what I need was out of my budget, then moved to desktops and realized the same here as well. I'm just going to have bite the bullet and save more money for what I need. I'm apprehensive about a refurbished computer, I've always thought that a computer was something to buy new.

I placed my first order with Mcmaster last week for some big O rings and 316 bolts and nuts to replace the Lowes disposables for a piece of equipment at work. I will be using that site much more often. Beautiful stuff.

Forgot to post, but did manage to land my first new from the store Glock and my first 10mm a Glock 29 Gen4 in December. We haven’t parted ways since it came home, 24/7 carry for the win. Such a well designed carry piece.

Also bought some goodies for a gaming pc I won at work so now I can play Quake again. Anyone still pc gaming?

Speaking of gaming, who is buying Mario U tomorrow? *raises hand*

Attachments

• 3E7FA631-DBF5-4275-A8B4-96EB3D340631.jpeg
    3E7FA631-DBF5-4275-A8B4-96EB3D340631.jpeg
    351.7 KB · Views: 204
Forgot to post, but did manage to land my first new from the store Glock and my first 10mm a Glock 29 Gen4 in December. We haven’t parted ways since it came home, 24/7 carry for the win. Such a well designed carry piece.

Also bought some goodies for a gaming pc I won at work so now I can play Quake again. Anyone still pc gaming?

Speaking of gaming, who is buying Mario U tomorrow? *raises hand*

I think that my sister has that Glock for personal protection ,nice gun!...:cool:

I placed my first order with Mcmaster last week for some big O rings and 316 bolts and nuts to replace the Lowes disposables for a piece of equipment at work. I will be using that site much more often. Beautiful stuff.
Yep. I've been buying my RC nuts/black oxide bolts/washers from them for a very long time. About once a year or every other year (depending on how active I am), I'll spend $100 or so there to restock.

Got a bottle of 300k hudy oil for my stampede center diff in case the mixing of the 200/500 doesn't do what I want. Wish associated had more variations between 100k and 1M. Would have liked to stayed within the brand.

Best mods for a Nintendo Switch, pro controller and metal thumbsticks from the Xbox elite controller. Added the silicone grips also, definitely the best feeling controllers I’ve ever held. Fixed the dead stick issue from all the plastic dust from the stock cups.

Attachments

• E5B47F73-2200-4858-A9C6-B44075E500FF.jpeg
    E5B47F73-2200-4858-A9C6-B44075E500FF.jpeg
    418.9 KB · Views: 208
  • 77398564-5283-4931-822C-B19B822C3E23.jpeg
    77398564-5283-4931-822C-B19B822C3E23.jpeg
    255.3 KB · Views: 226
  • 05ACA404-F2BD-449C-A50A-9CC0FA461D54.jpeg
    05ACA404-F2BD-449C-A50A-9CC0FA461D54.jpeg
    245.4 KB · Views: 202
Comes out 91% ethanol here, pump race fuel for crackhead prices.

Attachments

• F609DD07-B084-4E62-8987-0813619FC369.jpeg
    F609DD07-B084-4E62-8987-0813619FC369.jpeg
    226.3 KB · Views: 209
I started with laptops and realized what I need was out of my budget, then moved to desktops and realized the same here as well. I'm just going to have bite the bullet and save more money for what I need. I'm apprehensive about a refurbished computer, I've always thought that a computer was something to buy new.

If you have a reputable refurbisher, they are as good as a new one. Every one of my last 6 computers was refurbished and have had no real issues for a long time (3-4 years is considered to be the usable life of a computer these days and mine usually exceed that in my use). I would recommend looking on Amazon as they usually have good deals and guarantee their refurbished computers.

I picked up a Garmin foot pod, a swing away VESA mount, and all the cabling to mount a TV near my treadmill. Time to get off my ass and back to my routine. Gonna start Zwift run training in the morning now that they added running to the mix. It'll literally be starting over for me, and it's gonna suck at first. Hoping the video gamey aspect of Zwift will make the suck a bit less brutal. :hehe:

MMUcDzJ.jpg

0S3aFr0.jpg

A new internal working file drive and 4TB external for movies on the laptop.

What little stuff I didn't have laying around to make a kydex press. Haven't been thrilled with the last two holsters I've bought, so screw it, gonna learn to do it myself. Then I can only gripe about my own shoddy work. :hehe:

My first pc build

Didn't buy it today but purchased over Febuary and March waiting for parts to go on sale. I did go over budget by about $80, but my final price isn't what my actual list price is in pc part picker. my final price was just over $780, but that also includes shipping.
I decided for what I needed it would be best to just build my own pc for a much better cost/performance ratio. At first I was a little overwhelmed with what could happen, but with more research I figured it didn't actually look that hard.

Picked up a new GPU today, AMD Radeon RX-580 Red Devil Edition. figured it was time for an upgrade from a GTX 750ti!

How is that GPU, after playing The Division 2 on my pc I'm really liking pc gaming more then console gaming so I think a GPU upgrade is in the near future. I'm personally torn between a RX 580 and the new GTX 1660 TI.

more or less depending on the price you are wanting to pay for the upgrade,
check this out:
https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1660-Ti-vs-AMD-RX-580/4037vs3923
for the amount i had and the gaming i do, (mostly ARK, Destiny 2, Rust, PUBG, etc.) the RX 580 was enough for me and the price was right, $100. and it had a 8gb Vram. which was the biggest limiter from my old GPU. in the end if you have the cash and feel that the extra of the 1660 would be more to your needs id go for it. if you are short on cash i am very happy with the RX580. (in the beginning did have some weirdness with the software, but i think thats because i run intel CPU, working now though!)