The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found an ad on letgo, 45 dollars with some grainy pictures, said it ran and it needed a rx tx...dude wouldn't or couldn't give me any additional pics and knew nothing about the truck...winds up being a sportwerks with a 28 axial engine...needs a front right driveline and a gas tank...

Attachments

• 20170813_191945.jpg
    20170813_191945.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 68
Ordered more stuff for the flux. White big bore springs, 50/60 weight oil, new pinion and a 60W soldering iron... hopefully it's strong enough to solder the AWG10 wire...

Possibly olds, but soldering heavy gauge pack leads is what led me to buy a decent soldering station.

I ordered a TaoTronics dashcam for the car. Being back on the road a lot with the new job I've had a lot of close calls due to other people. I've been running an app on my phone, but a dedicated device will be better and once setup, does things automatically.

Possibly olds, but soldering heavy gauge pack leads is what led me to buy a decent soldering station.

I ordered a TaoTronics dashcam for the car. Being back on the road a lot with the new job I've had a lot of close calls due to other people. I've been running an app on my phone, but a dedicated device will be better and once setup, does things automatically.
I use a TaoTronics Bluetooth adapter in the truck and it works like a charm.

Guess I'll find out soon. I don't have room for another "box" for a soldering station. Hopefully the 60W unit I bought will do the job.

Ordered a HD traxxas motor mount plate for my stampede. Hoping it helps reduce flex from harsh landings that keeps chewing up my spurs. I swear, I haven't gone through this many spurs in 20 years since I started the hobby with my XXX-NT! I'm on my 4th one in as many months!

The 60W iron seemed to do the job. It came with 5 or 6 different tips, I swapped out the fine point one in it for a more bullnosed one, cranked the temp up a bit and soldered the connector up with my wifes help in about a minute. Could have done it on my own if the receiver wasn't ballooned up so I could get the ESC out on the bench properly.

Had a thread in the sister forum asking about HPI's flanged wheel nuts (Z680) to see if anyone knew of an alternative. Someone pointed me at an axial version (AX31087), so I ordered a set of those to try out.

Paid 50 for almost a revo roller, waiting for the other seller to msg me back about the parts and tools. 100 total, I do spy a 3.3 in the tote...
20170817_212214.jpg
Screenshot_20170817-212013.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170817-211956.png
    Screenshot_20170817-211956.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20170817-211937.png
    Screenshot_20170817-211937.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
Whistler WS1040 hand held trunking scanner. You can still get some radio transmissons here in podunk on regular VHF bands, but a lot of it is running P25 phase 1 now as well. Especially NCHP, and they're moving to the VIPER system, which this will cover also. For me, it's mainly because some of that stuff is interesting to keep tabs on the state of the crazies in your community. And also, GPS doesn't get live traffic updates here like in a city. So if I'm on the road for work, it could help let me know if I need to take an alternate route due to a wreck, trees down, etc.

They use the trunking systems here in the metro area where I live and have been since the early 70s when it first came out. P25 is one of the modes hams can and do use on the lower frequencies (below 50 MHz is where it's popular from my reading). I stopped listening to scanners a while back, nut may get back into it.

New Enduro Engineering seat for my Husky, new Samsung phone and Total Wireless service card (bye bye ATT) and an 01 f150.

American Bass xfl 15.

Wife loves when I strip and wash my new projects in the sink...
Mine gets cranky when I use our tub. We rent and our tub has a knurled bottom to it, which holds on to everything! I got a set of 6" nylon brushes for my drill so it makes cleaning of the tub less painful. Still, I try to hose down outside when I can and only use the tub in the winter to get melted snow off stuff.

Ordered some LST2 shock caps to entertain the idea of installing the IRC shock conversion on my savage flux that I won in a raffle a while back. I will not be using the FLM mounts that came on it... those things stink. Also ordered some shock ends for my big bores as I busted 3 of those this weekend.

Mine gets cranky when I use our tub. We rent and our tub has a knurled bottom to it, which holds on to everything! I got a set of 6" nylon brushes for my drill so it makes cleaning of the tub less painful. Still, I try to hose down outside when I can and only use the tub in the winter to get melted snow off stuff.

Ordered some LST2 shock caps to entertain the idea of installing the IRC shock conversion on my savage flux that I won in a raffle a while back. I will not be using the FLM mounts that came on it... those things stink. Also ordered some shock ends for my big bores as I busted 3 of those this weekend.
I'm having real issues keeping this lst running, the only this g that is left to change is the pipe...changed tank, engine, hoses, bout only thing it could be is the clutch

I brought this car but don't know what it is...do anyone?

Attachments

• IMG_20170822_202827.jpg
    IMG_20170822_202827.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20170822_202802.jpg
    IMG_20170822_202802.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 20170825_154811.jpg
    found an 18th scale losi desert truck with a mamba 25 system installed, came with no battery, or receiver or body...after reading about the system, I decided (poorly) to grab a lipo...at the LHS I asked for an 18th scale lipo...the guy looks puzzled, and asked what it's going in. I mumbled something about 3s, he seemingly looked for my request to no avail. He leaves after getting my other parts for my slash and I walk down the counter and look in and see this 3s lipo...came home and soldered in my connectors, programmed it, and took my 3 year old son out to check it out.....One word to describe what a 3s Lipo does with a 8000kv castle motor? How about backflip. Idk what the point of this setup is in such a light, not so well built platform, wheelies aren't REALLY possible when there's no slipper, 2wd with limited traction, took it to the street, for a run, my estimate was over 35 at quarter throttle, past that and it's wheelie city...

Last edited:
Back