The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
StBob's photos reminded me I had not uploaded photos of my purchase three weeks ago. The Hoss is 2 years old.

Note the special sticker at the bottom of the door on the Hoss. The sticker improves cornering and reduces tire ballooning.

View attachment 157237
Looks like a big fish that's about to devour a little fish. :eek: 🤣

Looks like a big fish that's about to devour a little fish. :eek: 🤣
😂🤣

Picked up another, and a last Proline 1992 Jeep Cherokee.

20221224_152607.jpg

This arrived a couple of days ago. Decided to splurge a bit for the holiday and ordered a Furitek stinger combo for the Trx-4m Bronco that I haven't purchased yet. I also ordered the light kit and lower gearing for it. Now All I need is the Bronco. 🤪🤣

PSX_20221225_124408.jpg

This arrived a couple of days ago. Decided to splurge a bit for the holiday and ordered a Furitek stinger combo for the Trx-4m Bronco that I haven't purchased yet. I also ordered the light kit and lower gearing for it. Now All I need is the Bronco. 🤪🤣

View attachment 157303
Interested in hearing on it. Thinking on a Bronco also. I'm starting to pick up rocks and stuff for a garage build in 18th scale.

Scx10 carbon fiber frame rails, Kyosho fuel tank for my Nitro RS4 3

20221229_122943.jpg

Got some Christmas goodies delivered today
Stinger front bumper w/lights,brass diff covers & some wheel extensions for scx10ii Cherokee
F8A5958B-8031-4434-A9EE-B3662D0C1464.jpeg

Picked up a new Ultrawide 34" 1440p monitor. They had it marked down 1/3 off of the MSRP and it's been on my list for a while. Unfortunately it has opened up a whole can of worms in upgrades. It seems that the old GTX 1650 can't do much more than 45 Hz at the 3440X1440 resolution. This means a new Video card and power supply.

Picked up a new Ultrawide 34" 1440p monitor. They had it marked down 1/3 off of the MSRP and it's been on my list for a while. Unfortunately it has opened up a whole can of worms in upgrades. It seems that the old GTX 1650 can't do much more than 45 Hz at the 3440X1440 resolution. This means a new Video card and power supply.
What brand monitor is it? Sounds awesome. You were due for a new video card anyway Hamz. :p

I just bought a hobbywing XERUN 1900 G2 combo for $300 which normally is $475 or so. great deal! Now to build my e-MGT with 2 speed, mechanical reverse and brakes. been wanting to build this one for a long time. can't wait! Will be my 2nd custom e-MGT and I have a Rival as well, so 3 E-MGT's all different setups.

What brand monitor is it? Sounds awesome. You were due for a new video card anyway Hamz. :p
It is a Samsung. And the old video card wasn't too bad. It's a GTX-1650OC, I didn't upgrade it because the old Optiplex that I use as a workstation doesn't have a 12v graphics card power cable. I just found a way around it by getting a slightly newer power supply that has a second 12v 6-pin connector that can easily be adapted to run the card (the new PS put out almost double the power of the old one).

Led lights, club 5 light buckets for proline racing 1992 cherokee, and a Traxxas Bandit factory clear body.

The led lights are on top of the phone. Dog hair and lighter for comparison.

20230107_001217.jpg

Picked up the Traxxas TRX-4M Bronco today, intended on buying a white one but changed my mind at the last minute and bought a blue one. It handles better than the Land Rover but that's just body weight. The tires in the Land Rover work much better than the tires on the Bronco, will swap them out for sure, which is a shame because they look great. Maybe tomorrow I'll play with my mini's and do a comparison.

PSX_20230107_175023.jpg

I did drill out another set of wheel weights to install on it. Look I took a picture of them this time. ;)

PSX_20230107_174805.jpg