The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one too, although I've hacked it to 8 channels, maybe something you don't need or want to do, but I'd recommend a better voltage regulator, my batteries last way longer now, plenty of videos on how to change the voltage reg on YouTube, the one i went for seems to be the best one available

Recom 80000046 R-78E5.0-0.5

I have one too, although I've hacked it to 8 channels, maybe something you don't need or want to do, but I'd recommend a better voltage regulator, my batteries last way longer now, plenty of videos on how to change the voltage reg on YouTube, the one i went for seems to be the best one available

Recom 80000046 R-78E5.0-0.5

To me it was easier to just mod the radio to use a 2200mAh LiPo. Not that I couldnt switch out a voltage regulator but after modding it for LiPo I didnt find it beneficial. Not saying dont do it if a person was comfortable switching out components like that but for most I think the LiPo mod is easier and it has the added benefit of making it lighter without 8 AAs in it. Just my :2cents:

To me it was easier to just mod the radio to use a 2200mAh LiPo. Not that I couldnt switch out a voltage regulator but after modding it for LiPo I didnt find it beneficial. Not saying dont do it if a person was comfortable switching out components like that but for most I think the LiPo mod is easier and it has the added benefit of making it lighter without 8 AAs in it. Just my :2cents:
More good info to check out. Thank you.

I didn't go the Lipo route, mainly because its one more battery to look after, charge, store, discharge, i have 2000 mAh NiMH AA rechargeable, being NiMH i can charge them up and forget about them, a full charge give me 12.3v, and they last for ages due to the new voltage reg.

1 more reason for keeping the AA batts, was if i run low, i can go into any shop and get new ones, you can't do that with lipo.

I didn't go the Lipo route, mainly because its one more battery to look after, charge, store, discharge, i have 2000 mAh NiMH AA rechargeable, being NiMH i can charge them up and forget about them, a full charge give me 12.3v, and they last for ages due to the new voltage reg.

1 more reason for keeping the AA batts, was if i run low, i can go into any shop and get new ones, you can't do that with lipo.
I am the same way. No sense in having another LiPo to care for. I rarely have to charge my batteries, and I don't even have the voltage reg mod.

Scored a Ryobi Workbench Light from THD couple of days ago. Had to settle for the more expensive HiPerformance 2A battery pack. That's all the store had in stock. Would have preferred the less expensive regular 2A pack. HiPer 2A takes a long time to charge using the charger that came with my drill.

Ryobi upgrade charger on the Santa wish list. 'AC'

20221203_161843_RCT resize.jpg

I've managed to survive yet another year. Christmas is paid for and is a good feeling because we have to sacrifice for months to pay for it.
Finances, depression, and my health all take a hit but in the end, it pays off. ON THE WAY...:):):)

Boss ME-80.jpg

StBob's photos reminded me I had not uploaded photos of my purchase three weeks ago. The Hoss is 2 years old.

Note the special sticker at the bottom of the door on the Hoss. The sticker improves cornering and reduces tire ballooning.

20221202_155655[1].jpg

Yeah, and I have this nice piece of ocean front property in Arizona I'll sell ya for a good price. You just have to watch out for the wild Polar Bears and Kangaroos that roam around the property singing folk tunes and playing Mandolins.