The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought wheels and tires today, well they came in today. I've been working on a crawler build for a while now, you all know how life gets in the way sometimes...
Sure do. One of my biggest issues is a new build getting in the way of another build and another and another.

I got my new proline flat iron tires a couple days ago and the proline denali beadlocks bind on the portal axles.:mad:
I ordered some proline rock shooters but the comp is tomorrow. I'll do what I can this month and be ready next month.

Sure do. One of my biggest issues is a new build getting in the way of another build and another and another.
You never really get done you just get to a stopping point then do it all again next year

Absolutely...and the next year and the next and the next. The build is the best part but that's the reason I never get to run them. Too busy on the next build.

20200307_142422.jpg
20200307_142343.jpg

I bought a new set of Vanquish 1.9 beadlock Wheels and a set of 3 stage custom cut Rock krawler foam from https://crawlerinnovations.com/

Last edited:
Who makes those Wheels? I'm looking for something that fits the Pro-Line Tire
Amazon specials and I wanted to buy another set because I love them but it said "not sure when available".

Good looking wheels. what are they mounted on
Amazon specials also. They have pretty aggressive tread and I like that, so they should work out for me. Rock'sTyre is apparently the company. $22 bucks for the set of four is all I paid.

Didn't buy it... well, indirectly. My wife got me an axial scx24 for my b-day. I asked for it so I could run it around in the house. She gave it to me a couple days early so I could mess with it over the weekend. My first crawler. Not real sure how much I'll use it, but I've spent a couple hours with it in my house and it's amusing. Wish it was a bit faster... for what I do, I need about half the torque it has and twice the speed. Will see what I can do about that in the future.

2020-0309-Axial-SCX24-BodyOn.jpg

2020-0309-Axial-SCX24-BodyUp.jpg

Got a parallel charge board so I can use my iSDT q6 pro in my car to charge a couple packs at a time vs just one. Just need to solder an xt60 on it.

Also got sway bars for my stampede on a whim. Saw that it helps make it less tippy... not sure if it will do anything but get in the way for wrenching, but time will tell.

2020-0309-Stampede-SwayBar-Front01.jpg

2020-0309-Stampede-SwayBar-Front02.jpg

2020-0309-Stampede-SwayBar-Rear01.jpg

2020-0309-Stampede-SwayBar-Rear02.jpg

@olds97_lss

Isn't the collar supposed to go on the front side of that link to keep them from coming off? Or a collar at least?

Like this? Could be wrong, just remembering some sway bar setups I've had.

5LOxn35.png

I bought an SPC flash cap, front cap, and flash hider all in one.

XWHVkuk.png

@olds97_lss

Isn't the collar supposed to go on the front side of that link to keep them from coming off? Or a collar at least?

Like this? Could be wrong, just remembering some sway bar setups I've had.

5LOxn35.png

I bought an SPC flash cap, front cap, and flash hider all in one.

XWHVkuk.png
The sway bar ball end has a collar attached and it's locked down on the wire. It's on the back side. You can see them here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0077EC3QG