The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never had Hulu. What a pickle.

I never got into shows like airwolf, knightrider, etc... The shows based mainly on vehicles. I was always hoping the chopper would get blown up, knightrider... Ugh... I wanted kitt to be magnetized, true car stolen and ABUSED the way ANY mid 80's firebird deserved to be ABUSED... Then maybe stripped for parts before the flashing lights finally went dark in a car press.
Now Christine on the other hand....
Ummmm maybe knight rider would have been better if kitt secretly snuck out and killed innocent people, and not innocent people to satisfy bloodthirst... I prob could have got into that series!!!

Best part of Knight Rider is the into for sure.

Lol! I'm not sure if it was Hasselhoff or the car that whined more... At least the car looked cool from a distance. (i actually saw the car at a car show a million years ago) Yup, it sure did have those chasing red lights.... Yup, that's it, just those chasing red lights.... :hehe: I'm pretty sure they has a midget under the hood waving a red flashlight back and forth.

30 sheets of drywall, a Wagner paint sprayer, and 3 light fixtures. My spring is going to be brutal, I still need 10 indoor light fixtures, 2 outdoor light fixtures, a new gas stove, a dishwasher, paint, trim, and whatever other crap comes up when tearing up a near 100 year old house's kitchen. I'm also rewiring the whole house as half of it is knob and tube, that I'm hiring out though.

Seriously? Is it still live?
Yes unfortunately it is, we bought the house with the intent of upgrading it which we are, I have replaced more then half so far. The kitchen is the biggest room which accesses pretty much every room, so with this renovation I figured we might as well do the rest of the wiring.
We bought the house cheap, I had a realtor come and look at it about a year ago to do an appraisal if you will. It's worth roughly $70 000 more then we paid. When we bought the home inspector actually said the wiring was okay, as long as nothing hits or is up against it. Big reason why my attic is clear.

It's absolutely necessary that you do the upgrade. Knob and tube goes back to the DC days and then was converted via the panel to run AC. True, it's still safe if kept clear but if a critter gets in and hits it you could have a serious problem.

It's absolutely necessary that you do the upgrade. Knob and tube goes back to the DC days and then was converted via the panel to run AC. True, it's still safe if kept clear but if a critter gets in and hits it you could have a serious problem.

Trust the guy who was around when Ben Franklin discovered electricity. :D

mmmmmmmmmmm................
dougnuts...................................mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

and squishy envelopes to i can ship my liquidation items

Ordered an new T1000 chassis. Tore the front off. These 1/5th scales dont turn very good.

Ugh... this list is getting endless... I should have just bought a new stampede.
Previously mentioned $300 stampede.
Showed up today and is in sad shape.

Ordered parts so far:
stock replacement axles: 32.79
RPM rear carriers: 8.02
RPM front carriers/spindles: 15.30
FasteEddy bearings: 24.12
Chevron wheels/tires and alloy 12mm hex's: 59.90
Total so far for necessary replacement parts: 140.13
Now $75 away from the cost of a new one... not to mention the time it's going to take to install everything.

Also ordered 2 SMC 2S 7200mah lipo's for it. The ones for my revo are about 6mm too long to fit.

been there, done that.
get what you are willing to pay for is usually how it goes

It's funny every time I break something on my Savage Flux I tear into and find more parts need replacing, I look up the parts look at the price and wish I had bought a 4x4 Stampede. With the amount of money I've sunk into this thing I could have a very nice Stampede, and at this point in time spares would be a lot easier to find.