Techno EB 410 4WD Buggy.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These titanium hinge pins seem like a popular upgrade. I would not want to have the pin pop out in a race.

This is the set up sheet for this car. It is amazing how many adjustments there are. Different washers and shims and bolt locations.

Attachments

• 423C545D-50DE-4BA0-9301-CD84D2830FE3.jpeg
    423C545D-50DE-4BA0-9301-CD84D2830FE3.jpeg
    356.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 826282D3-2CD8-4A55-8DEC-BEACC8CD0FA4.jpeg
    826282D3-2CD8-4A55-8DEC-BEACC8CD0FA4.jpeg
    339.6 KB · Views: 73
The rear shock bolts are left hand thread. That’s is why I was having trouble getting them out. I did not get a manual with this rig. I do have an online version and found the instructions. Left hand thread is for the left side shocks. Who ever built this put right hand thread in front and left in the rear. It’s an easy fix.
Over time, it is said that the shock pivot balls will loosen the screws. The left handed screws, used to secure the bottoms of the shocks, are placed differently on the EB410 vs. EB410.2 depending on which way screw is going into the arm.
1653762497298.png

I use right righthanded button head screws to secure the shocks on all four corners of my ET410, and have not seen any significant loosening in three years of use. Now on 1/8 scale RCs... the screw loosening issue is much greater, and some companies nowadays will use keyed shock mounting pins to combat the problem.

Here is an insert chart I made up for my ET410:
1653842037811.jpeg

If you look at the EB410/.2 manuals, they show .5° and 1° of change when adjusting/using different inserts (pills). The printed different degrees of change between the ET410 & EB410 platforms had me thinking.
1653843213413.png

The ET410 & EB410 use the same gearboxes, ABCD blocks, hinge pins, and inserts. Why are the amounts of change different when adjusting inserts? I asked around, and 18 hours later I found out that there is a misprint in those EB410 & EB410.2 manuals.

Attachments

• 1653842939004.png
    1653842939004.png
    273.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Getting the rear yellow springs today. The set up sheet calls for yellow front and rear. What it had was softer in the rear and stiffer in the front. I’ll get it all together tonight and practice tomorrow.

The race seems to be heating up. The 4wD buggy class was a bit under represented in the first couple races of the season. But they just did a role call for the 4wD buggy class and a lot of people responded. I’m pretty excited about that. The 4wd buggy is the easiest to drive and it’s also one of the fastest. My only goal at this stage is a 20 second lap. Let’s see how it does now that it’s completely set up according to the set up sheet.

Got my yellow rear springs and set the ride height to 22 mm rear and 18 mm front. The spring adjusters are now even and about five mm from the top. Before they sat about mid way and that’s when I questioned the springs.
Also finalized the toe. 3mm out front and the rear has 3mm toe in. The Ackerman says to start with 4 washers and I changed that to 3. It affects power on power off turning. It seems pretty good with 3 but now everything else is different. I missed tonight’s practice session. But tomorrow will be good to see how that does.

Last edited:
About three hours of practice today on a very loos track. I like the Fugitive tires a little better than the Double Dees. And I really learned some more of the track. Car rocks it’s so easy to drive.

I really like this buggy. I finished last place but could not be happier. The competition is serious but I did get a 21.399 second best lap time. My goal is 20 second laps.

What a fantastic machine this is. I am trying not to have favorites. But watching this thing clear a triple jump with ease and then slide a 100 deg turn in a cloud of dust is just the coolest thing ever. And in the A main I got into an actual race with someone that passed me and I just hung on. Not trying to pass, staying just close enough that maybe I could catch him in traffic or something. Nope he walked away. But not before I scored a personal best lap time.

I keep reading and watching videos about the new EB410.2 and how much better it is over the original kit. I really like my EB410. But I might have to upgrade.

I upgraded to the EB410.2 and I am really happy with it. I put it together and hds some initial issues that were my own fault. I put the rear hubs on the wrong side. It’s all fixed now and the upgrade is worth the money if your racing. I ran two race events with the . 2 and I’m just to the point I can hang with the fast people for a while. I can’t really catch them. But when they catch me I can hang with them a little while. It’s been enough time between the racing and the practice that it needs an oil change. All three differentials get flushed and the shocks. Found an axle pin sliding out. I pinned it for now. But I know I need an axle.

1D99C33B-6EF4-42D9-8F34-45EBD2E1F5D4.jpeg

I used to be the guy crawling around on the floor looking for parts. Now I collect shallow tins.

I am rebuilding my original EB410 and it will get set up for indoor carpet. I don’t know where I will race it. One place has an indoor off road series and another place says they will have a track built by October. That’s when the outdoor racing ends. I have a set up sheet to build from. I think this and my 2WD buggy will be a blast over the winter. Not sure what motor class they use but I think it’s 13.5. I will build it with a 6.5 and swap the motor when I find out.
I used a lot of my hop up carbon fiber parts to get up my EB410.2 finished.
so it will take a couple more months to finish. Still racing outdoors till October so I got time.

241B418A-EA6C-4C5A-8933-05C229E026A2.jpeg

I decided to upgrade all the electronics in my eb410.2 and return my Reedy 6.5 with Fantom ESC to my Eb410. The Fantom ESC seems to work pretty well but I found a Tekin RSXPro with 6.5 combo and I’ll get the matching low profile Tekin servo next week. I am also going to get a used Futaba system for racing and only use Spektrum for crawling.
So far I soldered in the the wiring to the ESC. Now I need some battery ends and to mount everything so the wiring looks neat.

11FD682A-DD3E-4BFA-A073-3AC68C227FC2.jpeg

I’m not upgrading the electronics the night before the race. But I went out today on a practice day before the race tomorrow. I tried to warm up with my 2WD buggy but there were a couple 1/8 scale E buggy’s blasting around and the loom was like an inch deep. The whole track was a rooster tail of dust. I made a couple clean laps and just gave up on 2WD. Put the EB-410.2 out there and it was on rails blasting around the track. After a couple laps to get the feel for the loose conditions I just opened it up and blasted around the track. Finding different lines to scrub time without loosing speed. Tomorrow it will be watered and rolled and packed down. Can’t wait.

The beast arrived safe and sound. The seller tossed in an extra wing also. The motor is definitely toast, the battery terminals are to big for my battery and I have to mount up a set of tires. Step one go out for some beer and Mexican food.
That thing is sick!! Love it

I just got the RSX pro installed and the 6.5 turn motor. Plus I got the Hotwire software updated. I got the 3.0 Blue toothed to my phone. And calibrated the ESC to the transmitter.
My fan took a dump but that’s seems to be normal.

I programmed the BEC to drive the servo at 7.5 volts and upped the drag brake to 30%. All from my phone. Now I can make quick adjustments at the track.

The Tekin 6.5 motor seems to want to balloon the tires up really hard and almost wants to rip them off the rims. The Reedy 6.5 I took out was not as explosive. I am anxious to turn some laps with this new set up.

DD5D7381-EFCB-4C6E-BDD6-30F823A2E83B.jpeg

Back