Team Associated RC10T4.x

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was the first time, last night, that my T4.3 drove better than the T4.2FT. Probably in my head, but I could hold a line better in the rough stuff. So much fun now that I don't have to worry about shocks blowing out.

I'm gonna push the gear diff loaded T4.3 for as long as I can, because it has come to my attention that gear diff rebuild kits, and complete gear/ball diff assemblies are now discontinued. I'd be totally bummed if I had just bought a SC10.3, or the T4.3 and found out the news. There still is the ball diff that can be bought (pieced together separately) and used in these platforms, but who knows how long supplies out there will last.

RC10T4 here with its new JConcepts Finnisher body. Custom paint by RC Bombshells. Completed the stickering yesterday and got RD approval on the number change from Race '7' to Race '72'. She's race ready for a go at the April back yard endurance event. Power unit is HW Justock 13.5 FT (fixed timing) combo. Battery is standard length 2s x 5000 LiPo. Radio is Spektrum DX4C.

S6303954_T4 Rt side.JPG
S6303957_T4 Rt RR.JPG

RC10T4 here with its new JConcepts Finnisher body. Custom paint by RC Bombshells. Completed the stickering yesterday and got RD approval on the number change from Race '7' to Race '72'. She's race ready for a go at the April back yard endurance event. Power unit is HW Justock 13.5 FT (fixed timing) combo. Battery is standard length 2s x 5000 LiPo. Radio is Spektrum DX4C.

View attachment 121480View attachment 121481
Great looking T4. Strutting around with pins and ribs... Yeah Boy!

Backyard and the term "endurance" got me curious. Involves lots of battery packs?

Hey, HeavyBag. 'Strutting' and 'pins and ribs'. Good descript compliments. Thanks. Yeah, I think pins and ribs are what I like best about ST's.

Regarding 'endurance'. Have scaled back the scheduled April Special Test endurance event from what it originally was. Two things driving that change. One, need to see how the grass track holds up with four trucks running back-to-back instead of the usual one truck. Also, my first shot at running an endurance event, so am going to ease into it and get the procedures down before scheduling extended runs. My rules package does not allow for battery peaking or battery changes during normal events. So need to think about how to waiver battery changes on a Special Test event.

Regarding your above post on diff kits. Yes, noticed they have dropped off my Amain wish list. Probably an Ebay item now ($$!!). Fortunately, have one open bag and one NIB and my trucks don't take much abuse, so am set.

How goes it with your T4? Cheers. 'AC'

Oh! Below is "before' image of the T4 almost as it came off Ebay purchase.

20190831_104607_T4 before.jpg

It was the first time, last night, that my T4.3 drove better than the T4.2FT. Probably in my head, but I could hold a line better in the rough stuff. So much fun now that I don't have to worry about shocks blowing out.

I'm gonna push the gear diff loaded T4.3 for as long as I can, because it has come to my attention that gear diff rebuild kits, and complete gear/ball diff assemblies are now discontinued. I'd be totally bummed if I had just bought a SC10.3, or the T4.3 and found out the news. There still is the ball diff that can be bought (pieced together separately) and used in these platforms, but who knows how long supplies out there will last.
Some good news... I purchased a few of the 91463 gear diff rebuild kits awhile back, and they fit perfectly in 9828 gear diff housings.

If purchasing a used T4, for whatever reason, or you have an older generation with pin driven rear/bearing front wheels, and you want to convert to hex wheels...the rear axles are easy to do. The front 7854 axles are impossible to find unless you buy a parts truck.
1599224003949.png

1599224281331.png

1599224473720.png

1599224330214.png

Thanks to D. Voorhies for the photos.

Back