Taking the E-LST2 to the track build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been running the muggified setup for a few weeks now. Right away I noticed better handling esp in turns. one thing though, you need to used heavier wt oil with the muggy shocks.. 35 was at least 5 too low on mine 45 might be the sweet spot. I had also broken a stock shock tower... when I hit that curb the muggy tower held true. since the muggy shocks give you a lower lcg it handles about as close to a real muggy as you can get it. On the other end if you want to raise your ride height quite a bit u can use the muggy towers and lower mounts with stock shocks... I didnt like that, and before I got my muggy parts I was using stock shocks with fuel tubing in them to give me an idea of how the muggy shocks would respond.

Thats cool! I dont forsee myself doing that as my MTs are just for bashing but its pretty cool to see it done.

Well its time to revisit this thread. Tomorrow I will be sending in the ESC and motor for repair. Then in another week or two a new motor mount followed by some new batteries. I hope to have it back up in about 8 weeks max. I will start taking some pics of the teardown and rebuild soon. A friend of mine also happened across a muggy. He said he would donate to me any parts I wanted from the muggy. I am really thinking of using the muggy chassis and have that center diff instead of the LST2 tranny. I also have the Anodized chassis. Decisions... Decisions.. I also decided to rethink my battery mounting options.

I decided to take a second look at my esc and motor. I just bought 1 new radio Cheap FM futaba, and had 1 come in with a truck HPI stock radio, and another was given to me Spektrum DX2e. I was finally able to get the esc and motor functioning, but I was worried that the bearings in the motor may have been affected by the wreck, so I bought some new ceramic bearings from ACER. I am waiting on the motor mount I ordered, then while I am rebuilding this rig I will be getting the batteries for my Savage XS.

Well I sat down today and started rebuilding my LST2. I only need batteries, some screws, and a servo wire extension. If anyone has ideas on how to route the esc plug to the TX I'm all ears.

DSCF3668_zps2af9c2fa.jpg

DSCF3670_zps417dce5a.jpg

DSCF3672_zps44a0e575.jpg

DSCF3673_zps8ec4b395.jpg

DSCF3677_zps3a5b0d7c.jpg

DSCF3678_zps16c388d4.jpg

DSCF3680_zpsfc47d1b4.jpg

DSCF3685_zps1ed0821a.jpg

DSCF3687_zps5c8e2b05.jpg

DSCF3690_zps73d24d80.jpg

DSCF3693_zps51dd3fe9.jpg

I'd take it down through the chassis plate by the receiver box and back up near the receiver. Then double-side tape it up under the chassis, or use zipties.

The LST in RTR form had a receiver pack back there and that's how the power wire routed up to the receiver.

Thanks olds.. I am going to get a extension and do what you said. Well I changed the motor bearing to Acer ceramic nitride bearings, because the old ones were shot after the wreck. Got new tranny, new battery setup, everything is just about ready to go, just going to buy batteries. I calibrated it to its new radio, and everything is good to go. I must say the T8 runs so smooth now, absolutely no binding, or resistance.

I'm running 6s with gearing at 34/62 The batteries should be here soon I can't wait to get this rig running again.