RowdyRay's SCX 24 Deadbolt Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowdyray

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
  4. Boating
I know.....late to the party. But, here's what's been done to my new purchase. I DID NOT install the Spektrum brushless system bought on clearance. Several of you warned me and several at the LHS urged me to return it. Already opened. :oops: Have another idea. Let you know if that pans out.

Emax servo, aluminum steering links, servo horn and mount. Brass steering knuckles. Brass diff covers and wheel weights front and rear. Also cut and filed the corners on the servo. No catching at all on the frame.

20240320_182700.jpg

Underneath has an aluminum skid plate, high clearance links and brass sliders. 43mm shocks. Upside down and no springs.
20240320_182721.jpg

These shocks, and how they're mounted, create a LOT of articulation. So much so, if I let go of the front axle the dive shaft came apart. Lol. Found these rubber bands in the hair care dept. of Walmart. Fixed that.

20240320_183045.jpg
20240320_182840.jpg

Then some creative body work. Trimmed the body to clear the larger tires. Got rid of those hideous lights and cleaned up the roll bar.

20240324_154628.jpg

Looks awesome.
Thank you. These tires were meant for the T-Hunter. Finally found a set of wheels that will work. Have another set of all terrains like the ones used on the Redcat 18 going on here. Then it should be done. Other than a few tweaks.

My goal for the winter was to mod and upgrade all the mini crawlers. Just have the T-Hunter left. Will be quick once the wheels arrive. Then, I can move on to.....my first Kraton 6S build.

These shocks, and how they're mounted, create a LOT of articulation. So much so, if I let go of the front axle the dive shaft came apart. Lol. Found these rubber bands in the hair care dept. of Walmart. Fixed that.
Sometimes it’s good to add limiting straps, it helps keep the front end sucked down tight when the shocks are actually pushing away.

You have a little more room for a longer driveshaft here.
Untitled150_20240325091833.png

I would grab a longer driveshaft and hack it down to get rid of some of that gap. That will maybe prevent the driveshaft from separating.

You have a little more room for a longer driveshaft here.
View attachment 186125

I would grab a longer driveshaft and hack it down to get rid of some of that gap. That will maybe prevent the driveshaft from separating.
That's something I'm considering. So far the rubber bands are doing their job.