Taking the E-LST2 to the track build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sur3fir3

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
I looked at my other thread, and decided it was long enough. I have also transitioned into another phase of hop-ups and mods to this rig. The RX8/T8 1550kv combo has proven to be a winner, I have tremendous power on tap, and its manageable to a point. I still suffer some handling issues, but those are being addressed accordingly.

These are the issues I ran into on my Alpha build, and what I am going to focus on in this Beta build.

First and foremost I still have a wheelie issue when geared at 34/63 it only shows in the last 1/10th of the trigger range, but the truck just blows right over. If I do speed runs I will have to weigh down the front.

Then I have a cornering issue coupled with horrible body roll. to combat this I muggified my E-LST2. At this time I am still using the lst2 shocks, they are just limited with some fuel tubing. Doing this seemed to really give me more control in the corners, and reduced the body roll immensely.

I know right now I am sitting too high and I need to adjust some things, but it worked, so next on my list are the muggy shocks. (just bought shocks today) here are the pics as it sits now.

muggy1.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

Last edited:
lol its almost bigger than the can, I found a source for delrin pinions that are up to 38t, that I eventually want to try as well.

You should be able to go into the rx8 and adjust the wheelies out with the throttle curve, i had to do that on my ve8 to make it controllable out of the corners.

I've played with the throttle curve a bit, just havent really dialed anything in, as I am still changing major things on the build. Trying to see how far I can get hardware wise, then use the software to tune it up. I think with the real muggy shocks, and some different shoes and springs, alot will change. Before that though I am doing all the changes to drivetrain/chassis/suspension first.

best way to do it, get the tires and suspension setup you need the mess with the power, should make a decent track truck though, just alot of "toying" needed to get it there.

I agree, once I have the chassis, ride height, suspension, tires, then I am going to worry about esc settings. Also I dont plan on racing this yet, I just want something I can take to the track and not flip over every 15 minutes, or have to start turning a half mile before I want to.. lol.

the only reason I am putting off getting the tires/wheels are the cost, and some of these parts I am trying to get are not being made much, if at all anymore, so I had to buy those parts first. I can always find tires.

Last edited:
They make sway bars for the LST2/XXL that will help you with Body roll. How do you like the Dual Drive mode? I love it...its sooooo smooth! :)

i have the rear sway bar, I must say i love how I can drive it smoothly at any speed, the dual drive feature also give a power boost when needed for top speed. When I find some flat enough land that is big enough to do some proper speed runs Ill strap my iphone to it and see what it says. I know it will be under actual speed, but its better than nothing.

Just curious, did you do the gear flip in the trans? Adds similar to +1 on the bell. If you trying to gear a bit taller on a budget.

I haven't done it yet, because I only have 2 trannies, but I have 2 more on the way, and I plan on modding one of those.

yeah i have 0 anti-sway bars. i just tightened up the shocks.seems very stable.it has not come off of the four tires yet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,must be cause of the terrific design,,,,,,,,,,,

Well I got my shocks today, built em and installed em. I am happy with the outcome. when there is some light I will take some pics. Instead of using shock rod ends I used Tie-Rod ends with pivot balls. the tie-rod ends fit just fine, and are thicker than the shock ends. I only ran it for about 15 minutes, but I could feel the difference.

pics

sorry about the poor quality hopefully after taxes i can get a replacement camera.

Here she is after installing muggy shocks.

IMG_0122_zpsc12fa24e.jpg

IMG_0123_zps5445b656.jpg

IMG_0124_zpsa1e92b92.jpg

IMG_0128_zps09a4483b.jpg

IMG_0130_zps7e5d94a8.jpg

thanks, much better, but I am running into an issue on when I try to turn off power, i seems like the outside front wheel tends to dig into the sand/grass and flip the truck. as long as the brake isnt engaged, and I have a bit of throttle I can turn on a dime no problem. As soon as I am using the brake to slow down and try to turn, over I go. think I should install the light sway bar in front?

Sounds like body roll, What fluid is in the front shocks?

I've got 35 in the front and 45 in the rear. I am going to test it in the daylight so i can see whats happening exactly.

ok on power I can turn fine, off power I can turn fine, but when I brake and try to turn I tend to roll right over. I have no sway bar up front, and the light one in back? should I go ahead and get a light sway in front and stiff in back?