Spinning Drivetrain no car wont move

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazydriver.252

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I recently got the 2024 Snap-on Tools Limited Edition Travis Pastrana Traxxas Rc from a friend and after a minor crash the car wont move but the driveshaft will still spin I let the car cool down and tried it again same thing happened, I'm new to the rc community

I recently got the 2024 Snap-on Tools Limited Edition Travis Pastrana Traxxas Rc from a friend and after a minor crash the car wont move but the driveshaft will still spin I let the car cool down and tried it again same thing happened, I'm new to the rc community
not my video but this is exactly what’s happening

Last edited:
It could be the pinion and spur. The video doesn't show clearly enough if the driveshaft stops spinning when the truck stops moving. If it keeps spinning, check the diff. If it stops spinning when the truck stops, check the pinion/spur. That grinding noise sounds like a gear gone bad to me.

In a situation like this, it could be anything. As mentioned it's best to just start taking it apart and figure out what went wrong.
I personally enjoy the troubleshooting.

that video shows rc jump when driveshaft moves.

as said above pull pinion spur cover off start there

Check the coupler to the diff's and driveshaft. The coupler should be all the way against the diff and set screw tightened. Otherwise the shaft will spin but it's not connected to the diff.

Back