Spider Cuztomz TJ Crawler 2.2

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spider

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm not the original thinker of using this stuff but gave a try at it. It's slowly starting to look like something now so I figured it would be a good time to start a build thread.

Mock up shots
dscf0275v.jpg

dscf0274w.jpg

dscf0273u.jpg

I started the body work a few weeks ago. That was just after I finished cleaning the purple anodize off the beadlocks. I got the rest of the chassis finished as well. The only thing left is to mount the r2d2 trans to the skid plate. I ran into a bit of trouble finding shafts that would work but MIP helped solve that problem. Ill get some chassis and suspension shots later.

Last edited:
lookin good man... keep it up.

Looking forward to seeing this thing come together, your off to a good start...

Thanks guys. I have the left side fender almost completed. I may redo the right side as I wasn't happy with the amount of sheet metal I left and tucked up for a edging. That and the grille is getting re-done as I'm not happy with it either. This is the 2nd one I made and I think the grille looks better with the stock 7 grille slots than the 9 I have on it. The first one I did had 7, 1/4 inch slots. The slots looked too wide. So I did the second one with 9 3/16 slots and now it just looks too much and out of scale. So back to the drawing board. haha! Or should I say shaping board.
More pictures to come.

Welp, I've been working on it and frustrating the hell out of myself trying different ideas I had in mind but the material I used for the interior was too thing to actually do what I wanted. I tried another idea that sorta bent it back to straight form but it wasn't what I was looking for so I decided to just go straight plain jane. Its not done yet but here's an update on it.
The body is sitting a bit higher as its only mock up stages.

dscf0316r.jpg

dscf0315n.jpg

dscf0314e.jpg

dscf0317q.jpg

Did some detail work to the skins and started on making the interior part of the door. Some trail and error work done to a junk left over floor section of the tub.
dscf0319.jpg

dscf0318.jpg

dscf0320.jpg

dscf0321.jpg

More to come!!!!

I havent done much work to this lately. I have some new pictures to load up. But the status is still "undone"

Well been workin on this on and off since the last post. Havent had much time for r/c building since then but did manage the past week to spend some time on it. Onto the photos:

dscf0756r.jpg

dscf0754f.jpg

dscf0755.jpg

dscf0757o.jpg

dscf0758z.jpg

I wanted to do a yj dash instead of the regular tj dash. To me the yj dash just has a better look to it. I still have to make the sides to the dash yet.So hey its a Tj with different jeep interior parts and its still all jeep. LOL! I've seen CJ-7's with 90's half doors on em hehehehe! I did get carried away with the material for the seats but I dont have access to the seats nor have the time to search for em so I figured why not.
I also started to make custom stone guards for the headlights. This is my first attempt. It came out okay but not to my standards so Ill be redoin it.

More to come. :D

p.s.I've been eatin this while I take a break from doin it.
hahahahah!
roadpizza.jpg

Last edited:
Back