Indoor 1/24 Rock Crawler Course

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found the beaver skull on one of my hikes last year. Too bad the front teeth wasn't with it.

Those bull skulls look awesome! How about having a partial skeleton somewhere on the course as well?

Have you thought about a name for the course yet? How about "The Boneyard"?
I am working on a name for it. It will come to me, but I like that. I will run it by Breydon and see what he thinks.

I haven't looked for any full skeleton models. If I can find one I will see what can be done. Would be a tough print though unless it was individual bones.

I only have a few more small pieces of foam to put down, then I have to remove the top 8 layers or so and remove the excess still. Laborious process.

But right now I am scratch building another cool little addition. Should be done tomorrow or so 😉

Dude the course is looking SWEET MAN!!! All I can say is WOW!!!. It looks so good bud👍👍 the rock is awesome. The bridge is so cool. Nice work with the look of it. The skulls are a very nice touch. I feel like I've missed so much.. Glad you got the filament man..man your killing it on the course.its so hard to not clear out the garage and build a course.. very inspiring bud 👍👍

Dude the course is looking SWEET MAN!!! All I can say is WOW!!!. It looks so good bud👍👍 the rock is awesome. The bridge is so cool. Nice work with the look of it. The skulls are a very nice touch. I feel like I've missed so much.. Glad you got the filament man..man your killing it on the course.its so hard to not clear out the garage and build a course.. very inspiring bud 👍👍
Thanks bro. All I can say is do it. You guys have all had a hand inspiring me on this, so it's great to return the favor.

I am anxious to get going on the sculptamold. I am thinking when Breydon gets here tomorrow we can get the riverbed mudding started. But he is going to want to do some runs on it I am sure. Will play it by ear.

Thanks bro. All I can say is do it. You guys have all had a hand inspiring me on this, so it's great to return the favor.

I am anxious to get going on the sculptamold. I am thinking when Breydon gets here tomorrow we can get the riverbed mudding started. But he is going to want to do some runs on it I am sure. Will play it by ear.
Oh man he's going to be so excited to see and take runs I'm sure. It will be a blast for the two of you... very cool..

Oh man he's going to be so excited to see and take runs I'm sure. It will be a blast for the two of you... very cool..
I sent him some pics. He really digs the skull idear @Xraycer and @Doom! came up with.

Got a rest stop put in so drivers can take a break.
20210917_114656.jpg

20210917_114716.jpg

Thanks guys. I wouldn't be able to make a way to crawl over it because it is in the very corner of the course, where the trucks can't get to because of their turn radius. It was just going to be a blank area, so I thought it was a good spot for some humor. Got another one planned for another corner on the other table.

Last edited:
When I had my train layout there was a little tiny corner not being used so I found a rock at a yard sale that was actually cut and it looked just like a body of water. It was about the size of a softball, so I put it in the corner on the layout and put trees and rock around it with a sign that said, "Belly Buster Hot springs" and then parked a few little N scale vehicles in a parking lot down the trail from it. I also have a bunch of N scale figures I cut in half and painted and placed them on the rock. Looked they were kicking back sitting in the hot springs.

The outhouse needs a little pool of liquid coming out from underneath it. 🤣
Maybe I will plumb a small hose to it and cut a small stream leading back to the river 😉

Breydon and I gave the course a test run. It seems the motor in the Deadbolt is about to go out. It is way down on power. I suspect when the kids climbed the big hills outside that did a number on it. After this we made a couple slight alterations to the course, changed the servo in the C10, and it is doing a lot better.

Anyway, here is a vid of the test run.

My son is a huge soccer fan! He would appreciate that jersey Breydon is sporting 😉
Breydon is a real sportsman. Ever since he was 3 he could throw a perfect spiral with a mini football, and he still can. He drilled me in the eye with that football when he was 3 and gave me a black eye 😜 He is now really big into baseball and wants to be a catcher in MLB. He just got all the catcher's gear. And he also has friends getting him interested in Soccer.

Last edited:
Breydon and I gave the course a test run. It seems the motor in the Deadbolt is about to go out. It is way down on power. I suspect when the kids climbed the big hills outside that did a number on it. After this we made a couple slight alterations to the course, changed the servo in the C10, and it is doing a lot better.

Anyway, here is a vid of the test run.
I watched this vid earlier as it popped up in my YT feed. Tell Breydon I can't comment cuz his dad has comment disabled! 🤣🤣 🤣

Back