Indoor 1/24 Rock Crawler Course

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@WickedFog I'm starting to feel like this is going to be a tough build to live up to. Dang you and your high standards! :p
I wish I had bought the high density pink foam. It would go a lot faster.

Not too happy with this little hill jutting up out of nowhere, but going to let Breydon run the trucks like this and see how it plays.
20210916_052811.jpg

20210916_052757.jpg

It would probably look fine if I sculptamold it in and feather things out a bit and add some boulders at the base though.

You sir are nothing more than an addiction enabler and you should be happily ashamed of yourself.:D
Incredibly cool man..
Well the pot calls the kettle black. Thanks 😁

😍 It's really lookin' good. I'm lovin' the vibe. I can just see Wile E. Coyote, plotting behind the balancing rock tower. 🤣 Starting to get jealous.
Wait til you see your inspiration for it. On the printer 😉

The balancing rock is epic bro!
Thank you.

@Xraycer suggested I use skulls for course markers and @Doom! suggested they be cow skulls. So I thought I would see how well my printer could print a difficult part after the extruder mod.

Little too big for lane markers. How 'bout a hood ornament?
20210916_120450.jpg

Nah.

How 'bout on the Deadbolt?
20210916_120516.jpg

Nah. Too big there too.

How about here?
20210916_120618.jpg

Ding ding ding! We have a weiner!
Thanks for the suggestion guys. Printing smaller ones now for use as lane markers.

Last edited:
Speaking of animal skulls......

This is my "trophy wall". Can you guess the 2 critter skulls?
0513202128.jpg

A printer is on my want list. I also want a mini metal lathe.

A printer is on my want list. I also want a mini metal lathe.
I have a jewelers lathe that stands up to make a mill. Belonged to my dad. Amazing little machines.

Trying to finish off a roll of filament so I can get started on a project for @StonerRC365. Got me a small flock of cows so far.
20210916_164902.jpg

Last edited:
I almost said squirrel but thought you were being tricky. 🤣 You stumped me with the beaver though.
Same here. It looks like it has little antlers that have been chopped off.

I almost said squirrel but thought you were being tricky. 🤣 You stumped me with the beaver though.
Same here. It looks like it has little antlers that have been chopped off.
I found the beaver skull on one of my hikes last year. Too bad the front teeth wasn't with it.

Those bull skulls look awesome! How about having a partial skeleton somewhere on the course as well?

Have you thought about a name for the course yet? How about "The Boneyard"?

Last edited:
Back