Spectrum DX5C and AVC issues.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RetroKevin

Bashing is a way of life!
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Hey guys just got back from a bashing session with my cuz (he LOVED having his slash working again, and promised to take better care of it lol).

And I was having some weird AVC issues with a couple of my rigs. This is the first time I've really used a couple of them after switching to my DX5C. They worked just fine with the DX3 they came with.

So heres the issue. I'll be driving straight, and for no reason the RCs will start to steer full left.
This happen with my Axial Ryft and my K8s.
With my K8s I thought it was due to the chassis being bent and twisted. But than my Ryft is doing it too. I've also noticed I don't have much steering travel to the right on either.

I have re-bound both, with all trim set to zero.

6 other RCs I have bound to it work just fine...

Any ideas?

Well sounds like when you set up the rcs.. tonthe new radio.. did you make sure that you centered the servos. All the same on each rig?? Might be a slight off as to each one.. and that might be the problem.. maybe🤔🤔🤔

Servo wasn't messed with. Just binding to a new transmitter. Wheels set straight before binding.

Servo wasn't messed with. Just binding to a new transmitter. Wheels set straight before binding.
I understand that.. But just cuz you set the wheels straight by hand doesn't mean the transmitter knew that. Or that the servo it's self was dead center.. with adding multiple rigs to one controller.. you have to be spot on with all other them centered out on all to the same trim spot. Or you get out of controll rigs sometimes... I could be wrong though.. I'm sure one of the guys will be by shortly. See what they say about. I'm going to PM wolf he has that controller I believe

I dont use any receivers with AVC but I remember back when I tried using a gyro in my high speed Rusty that if the kit wasn't sitting flat and level when I turned on the power the gyro would act buggy. like it set its orientation when it was given pwoer and the esc was booting up. Once the ESC was ready to go then I could move it. Just a thought.

I dont use any receivers with AVC but I remember back when I tried using a gyro in my high speed Rusty that if the kit wasn't sitting flat and level when I turned on the power the gyro would act buggy. like it set its orientation when it was given pwoer and the esc was booting up. Once the ESC was ready to go then I could move it. Just a thought.
The chassis on my K8s is a little bent. Would that be enough to throw it off?
The Ryft makes sense. I have to remove the frame to get to the receiver. And thinking back I highly doubt it was level while I bound the transmitter.

I'll re-bind them soon here and try to get them as level as possible.

The chassis on my K8s is a little bent. Would that be enough to throw it off?
The Ryft makes sense. I have to remove the frame to get to the receiver. And thinking back I highly doubt it was level while I bound the transmitter.

I'll re-bind them soon here and try to get them as level as possible.
The bent chassis wont hurt anything. As long as its not moving it will just center in whatever orientation its in. You can even mount the vertically if you want to afaik
The bent chassis wont hurt anything. As long as its not moving it will just center in whatever orientation its in. You can even mount the vertically if you want to afaik
Having siad all the I'm going off of gyros like 10 years ago. IDK jack about AVC specifically.

Having siad all the I'm going off of gyros like 10 years ago. IDK jack about AVC specifically.
I've thought about just turning the AVC system off. I'm not a big fan of it anyway. It tends to mess me up more than help.

Went through the whole binding process again. This time took both @Greywolf74 & @StonerRC365 advice... same issue is still happening. This time, I got even LESS steering to the right.

I'm going to test out another receiver that I have in my other rigs and see if that helps.

Went through the whole binding process again. This time took both @Greywolf74 & @StonerRC365 advice... same issue is still happening. This time, I got even LESS steering to the right.

I'm going to test out another receiver that I have in my other rigs and see if that helps.
WOW really wtf is going on that's weird bud sorry

So I like the axial ryft and all, but here's my one gripe.

20210822_195743.jpg

THIS! This is everything you need to remove just to get to the receiver! 10 roll cage screws. Gotta remove the shocks from the cage, that's another 4 screws and 4 nuts. AND THEN you can get to the 4 MORE screws on the receiver case....🤬🤬🤬

So I like the axial ryft and all, but here's my one gripe.

View attachment 131520

THIS! This is everything you need to remove just to get to the receiver! 10 roll cage screws. Gotta remove the shocks from the cage, that's another 4 screws and 4 nuts. AND THEN you can get to the 4 MORE screws on the receiver case....🤬🤬🤬
Wow that is a BIG PITA sorry bud.. I thought you like wrenching 😉😉

Lol I do, but that's just ridiculous 😆
That it is bud I was just joking.. I can't believe there's that many screws to go threw.. you need some power tools.. like the dewalt gyro cluth power screwdriver... for all those screws you have to remove😉👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣
Lol I do, but that's just ridiculous 😆
Check out the dewalt it's awesome... I love it

"8V MAX* Gyroscopic Screwdriver 1 Battery Kit - DCF680N1 | DEWALT" https://www.dewalt.com/products/pow...gyroscopic-screwdriver-1-battery-kit/dcf680n1

Last edited:
That it is bud I was just joking.. I can't believe there's that many screws to go threw.. you need some power tools.. like the dewalt gyro cluth power screwdriver... for all those screws you have to remove😉👍👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣
I have a small milwaukee I'll sometimes use.

Anyway. I took out the SR6100AT and used a SR215. No issues. I did see that @Tunedpipe had issues with this same combo a couple years back. I'd be willing to be my Kraton 8s has the SR6100AT in it as well. I'll run to hobbytown tomorrow and get a SR515 for that.

I did have issues and I just simply threw the SR6100AT in the garbage and use SR315 and SR515 in one of my crawlers.

I did have issues and I just simply threw the SR6100AT in the garbage and use SR315 and SR515 in one of my crawlers.
I'll probably just sell it with one of my DX3's. It worked just fine with that. 🤷🏽‍♂️
Just opened up my K8s. And of course SR6100AT in it.

So note for the future, DX5C has issues with that receiver.

Last edited: