Sometimes, I really don't understand why people argue so much

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is always an emotional answer to any argument, even one that should be based on facts and data. They are called zealots.
View attachment 179145

In the RC world we call them Fan Boys and they absolutely believe that whatever they are using is the best. It just like people that spend $100K on a car and tell you how great the service has been when EVERYTHING breaks. Well my $20K Honda never breaks and it's crap because it doesn't have micro-cooled cup holders with multi-color accent lighting.

I deal with "those people" in a few ways.
1. Ignore them. Not worth my time, they are nobody that I care about nor do I care to talk to. They are clearly not a person of logic and reason.
2. Agree with them (mess with them) to see if they change their argument. Some people are just contrarian and like to argue. If they do change, then ask them why they changed their position. This is the most entertaining but the biggest waste of time.
3. Challenge them and ask them to justify their position with facts and science. "Is there data that shows a statistical analysis of the mean and standard deviation IR for the manufacturing process and quality control?"

Of course rational arguments, legitimate questions and science have nothing to do with their emotional truth and I eventually go back to #1.
Sweet! I always wanted to be a zealot!

A lot of people are getting out of RC racing because of costs and attitudes at the tracks. It really sucks when guys like this try to cause others to lose interest in the hobby. Sure, $20 to some might be nothing, but those with more than one hobby, multiple kids, and/or other financial priorities such as medical.

Sweet! I always wanted to be a zealot
I am a quite accomplished one. I don't post on the net much anymore. The lobotomites have taken over.
The people who know nothing are 100% sure of everything.
A couple of small pokes up the nose and you too can be all knowing. Get your home lobotomy kit on Amazon and do it at home. You can walk out the door minutes later knowing you are as smart as everyone else.

If you buy nice stuff it's not because it's better, It's because you believe marketing and don't understand science. They are on every forum about everything
I am sick of them. I hope they eat each other soon.

So, if you'll don't know, I like to test motors to see what the differences are. I run the motors through a few tests and post my results and my opinion. I still get people arguing my results when I show them, in a video, that they are real numbers. And/or they will attack and argue my personal opinion instead of just saying "Here is my personal opinion on what your data means." So far, within the past 8 months, I think have tested 8 of the most popular 17.5 race motors.

A lot of people are getting out of RC racing because of costs and attitudes at the tracks. It really sucks when guys like this try to cause others to lose interest in the hobby. Sure, $20 to some might be nothing, but those with more than one hobby, multiple kids, and/or other financial priorities such as medical.

I totally agree and that's not anyway to get ahead these days. The world is too small and too complex for the d-bags to take over. They will get their comeuppance some day. It may not be at that track, that hobby and you may never see it, but someone some where will get tired of the BS and give them the boot. Sometimes it's an awakening sometimes it's an insult.

The worst part of this is I don't know anyone that gets rich playing with or making RC cars. Most small companies struggle to make money at this. I think Traxxas and Horizon Hobby do OK, but I can tell you that my LHS is living on a wing and a pray most days.

I am a quite accomplished one. I don't post on the net much anymore. The lobotomites have taken over.
The people who know nothing are 100% sure of everything.
A couple of small pokes up the nose and you too can be all knowing. Get your home lobotomy kit on Amazon and do it at home. You can walk out the door minutes later knowing you are as smart as everyone else.

If you buy nice stuff it's not because it's better, It's because you believe marketing and don't understand science. They are on every forum about everything
I am sick of them. I hope they eat each other soon.

You've heard of the Dunning-Kruger Effect? Somewhere between total noob and they know something, is the Mountain of Stupidity. Most "normal" people fall off that mountain.

Dunning_Kruger_Skiss.png

So if it has a ball diff it's a boy? I'm confused now.
I had a co worker who used to tell me he's been fooled before. 🤣
Stop hanging out on Reddit. It'll rot your brain!
There's some funny junk on there....... until you realize they are serious and also vote. 😂😱

As lightly as you were bashing, I guarantee baseball cleats do more damage.
Yeah, his car wasn't even leaving ruts. It gets all chewed up the first time a batter runs the bases anyway.

Back