So who burned some nitro today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where I am not familiar with it directly, I haven't a clue as to if this is a common issue or what. However, in EVERY other case where a bronze bushing is used where a bearing SHOULD be used, it's just a matter of time before something gives. Not an 'if' , it's 'when'....

Burned some today! Filled my savage with wet pdx metro area snow. Got pretty slow when the wheels got crammed full of it. I think my air filter was getting wet too. Engine was making some unhappy noises like it was too lean or something. Only ran half a tank cause it was getting so full of snow. The dual red/pink disk brakes are working very well though, as is my reverse gearbox module.

I don't run my nitro's in the snow anymore... I used to when I had crappy engines that I didn't care about, but they got so fussy to keep running due to wear/time that now I don't bother.

Counting the days until Christmas... then I get a brushless revo to run in the cold!

Thanks for the update on the brakes and reverse btw! I am gonna use the stainless because I already own it. (got it on a clearance at my L.H.S. so I don't feel badly about the purchase. Although just now as I'm typing, I am thinking I am gonna test fit and possibly try this on my rc10gt. If it will fit, it will likely work way better as it's about 1/4 the weight!!! The red discs were pretty cheap anyways if I remember right. There's plenty of other things I can order with that so even the shipping cost won't hurt so bad!

Burned a couple tanks in the Slayer today. Dialed in the brakes after installing the center diff and rear brake kits the other day. Truck ran flawless. Wife got her truck out for some testing today as well. We put a shiny new set of Traxxas gtr shocks on it. She is going to need softer springs but the truck is day and night better than it was.

Burn about 2/3 of a tank in the Savage. It is running really well, engine seems to be getting more powerful every tank. Although maybe it's just the cold. I can't even get through an entire tank usually, after about 15 minutes I usually get bored hehe.

I burned a tank testing out the 39t single speed transmission setup that's intended for the flux. Lost a little low end punch not having 44t first gear but I think It'll prove to be a noticeable durability upgrade over time.

I ran my Savage and finally broke a shock shaft. Then I ran 2 tanks on the Slayer to break it in.
I am hoping to get my 1/10 FTX Carnage running for next weekend so i can use it in the field, which should be fun.

Burned my first nitro of the year last weekend. Ran 1000 cc's through my savage-x.

The last time I ran it, I had 17/47 gearing with the LRP30S2 and thought it could pull 18/47. After running it this weekend, I switched back down to 17/47. It just didn't wrap out well enough when in second. Will still be plenty fast though.

The weather here is teetering on rain... I have pulled out the gear and started charging bats... Hopefully I'll be able to run long enough to tweek the neighbor's rotten dog before the rain comes to ruin my fun! :D

Well, the rain beat me to the fun... So I moved to plan b. I left a piece of steak in a microwave on the lawn... We'll see how long it takes for the neighbor to climb into it! (initially I was thinking to do this for the dog, but it's the neighbor's fault that he is out of control... Not to mention, the dog is FAR more intelligent than the neighbor!)

Fired up the Nitro Stampede. Hadn't ran it in about a year. Fired right up and ran great! Love that Pro.15. Also broke in my new Redcat Caldera 3.0 Impressive truck. The SH.18 was a little temperamental the first tank but after that it settled in and ran good. Lots of low end torque. Truck handles well too.

Last edited:
I was going to! But....busted clutch spring. It's ok I'm ordering a new one. Now to sit at the door and wait for the mail.....

That revo has some snot! I know you said you weren't overly impressed with the .21 but it looks like it's doing pretty good in the vid!