So who burned some nitro today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVNed

Vroom Vroom
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I ran my Savage and finally broke a shock shaft. Then I ran 2 tanks on the Slayer to break it in.

I'm planning to tomorrow. Couple days ago I tried out a skate park. I'm trying to think where to go tomorrow.

Finishing the break in on this beast this weekend
20160904_001535.jpg

I haven't burned a drop all summer. Work is consuming my life. It's not funny anymore.

.......... Work is consuming my life. It's not funny anymore.

That was one of the reasons I changed jobs a couple of years ago. Didn't quite make as much without the OT and had to adjust a little but now the 3 day weekends and a ton less stress have more than made up for it. Miles ahead now and wouldn't go back.

@fisureman ,love those street meats! Let me know how they handle.

What's nitro? lol I haven't burned any in quite a while due to noise restrictions where I live.

Thinking on burnin nitro tomorrow.
Did some tweakin on the suspension an adjusted the camber & toe.
Took some spacers out of the front shocks to soften up the front suspension.
I want to change the shift point to shift a little early ,an maybe it will tone some
of the torque down.
Try that first before I crack the diffs open ,its a pita because of all the stuff that has to come off!

I'm waiting on a sleeve to get repinched and to get my savage x in the mail :)

You doing rayaracing ?
Yeah he actually lives local to me. But not sure if he got the sleeve in the mail yet. I might see if he does porting as well as the re-pinch. Or I might buy a new tuned pipe and air filter setup. Its for my nitro star .15fe which people think kinda sucks but I'll be happy to have it refreshed.

So I mowed some of the side yard at the lowest setting on the deck and collected the grass. The Slayer will now go in the grass. Must not spray the yard with Roundup. Must not spray.....

So I mowed some of the side yard at the lowest setting on the deck and collected the grass. The Slayer will now go in the grass. Must not spray the yard with Roundup. Must not spray.....
Salt water and Dawn dish-washing liquid is cheaper....

Another quart bites the dust. Dont worry. I have more. I mowed a track for the Slayer. No way with the FO-XX would stay on it. The Neo ST needs heavier springs but was fun.
Some grass may have to die.
IMG_6605.gif

IMG_6606.gif

I know a lot of stuff gets posted on here by new people. All of these cars came out of my garage. I fueled them and they started in 10 seconds to a steady idle. I do not tune my cars except when the temps change 20 degrees F or so and that is just a small tweek on the HSN. I think the secret is to run your cars often. I do not do after run oil or anything else special but they get run every 3 to 10 days unless they need fixed (the Savage and 8ight-T) and I have zero problems. The Neo ST is stock. The FO-XX is stock except for Proline badlands. The Slayer has new tires in the mail and heavier springs. They work really well the way they come. It is a learning curve but it is well worth it if you stick with it. Once you get some confidence if a car wont start there are only a few things it can be and you will know to look for them right away.

Once you settle into driving, power and brakes instead of fiddling with the car it is a hoot and I never get tired doing it..
Now to figure out how to do video.

Another quart bites the dust. Dont worry. I have more. I mowed a track for the Slayer. No way with the FO-XX would stay on it. The Neo ST needs heavier springs but was fun.
Some grass may have to die.
IMG_6605.gif

IMG_6606.gif

I know a lot of stuff gets posted on here by new people. All of these cars came out of my garage. I fueled them and they started in 10 seconds to a steady idle. I do not tune my cars except when the temps change 20 degrees F or so and that is just a small tweek on the HSN. I think the secret is to run your cars often. I do not do after run oil or anything else special but they get run every 3 to 10 days unless they need fixed (the Savage and 8ight-T) and I have zero problems. The Neo ST is stock. The FO-XX is stock except for Proline badlands. The Slayer has new tires in the mail and heavier springs. They work really well the way they come. It is a learning curve but it is well worth it if you stick with it. Once you get some confidence if a car wont start there are only a few things it can be and you will know to look for them right away.

Once you settle into driving, power and brakes instead of fiddling with the car it is a hoot and I never get tired doing it..
Now to figure out how to do video.

Lol.....Same here!

Yup!! That consistency you are experiencing with your engines not only comes from your tuning ability but the quality of your fuel. That's a very good fuel your using. I run Byron's race blend 30/8 and I can say the same. My engines are very consistent and no need for after run oil. Great job representing the Nitro community!!

Oh... And yes I burned NITRO today and will be racing tomorrow WOOHOO!!!

I mowed as low as it would go and then took a 3/4 in piece of plywood and put 100 screws through it. I dragged it with the mower around about 50 times. I need to make it wider and longer but the Slayer liked the surface. Now to bank some turns.